Spain - england - No friendly

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:18 am

Fowler I disagree, I think Heskey and Agbonlahor are poor forwards.  But with time Cole can grow to be a great striker.  His debut and almost scored, better then Heskey and Agbolahor anyday.
SupitsJonF

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:23 am

England were taught a complete footballing lesson last night.  FFS they could hardly get a touch.  Alonso was excellent, Xavi and Iniesta were even better - ball retention was unbelievable.

In fairness England were missing the spine of the side - Ferdinand, Gerrard and Rooney, who would have made a massive difference, but even still I couldn't have seen them winning.

England will not win anything until they get the goalkeeping position sorted.  Unfortunately James is NOT the answer.  He is completely unreliable, but England are really stuck for options.  Downing is never International class, Heskey never was and Carlton Cole... don't make me laugh.

That said, calling for Capello's head is a disgrace.  He will do a good job, but unfortunately for him I can't see him winning a major trophy, he just doesn't have the players.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Fowler I disagree, I think Heskey and Agbonlahor are poor forwards.  But with time Cole can grow to be a great striker.  His debut and almost scored, better then Heskey and Agbolahor anyday.

Your joking right, Carlton Cole is a poor mans heskey, barely any ability at all. He's having a nice little run of form at the moment, but thats all it is, he will be back to normal soon. I no plenty of West Ham fans who agree with me aswell, the lad had a decent start to his career with Chelsea with a succesful loan spell at Charlton, but dosnt have what it takes to progress to a top centre forward, he is certainly not international class put it that way. If he's getting into England squads then there is cause for panic IMO
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 am

Must agree with Fowler here - Carlton Cole better than Agbonlahor !?!?! Cole is a poor mans Heskey .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:49 pm

GYBS wrote:Must agree with Fowler here - Carlton Cole better than Agbonlahor !?!?! Cole is a poor mans Heskey .

I don't rate Heskey and Agbonlahor at all, so no I'm not joking.

All 3 though in comparison to strikers outside themselves do suck though.  Sorry England, your :censored:  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:26 pm

C'mon, every liverpool fan was cheering on Spain tho lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Remember when Shearer,Sheringham,Fowler,Wright and Owen were options (1998 world cup).

Funny how they always come in bunches. I don't know if Owen will ever be back, but Owen at his best and Rooney are essential as there is nothing else.

Beckham should be long gone but nobody to replace him. Defense is good although no top goalie yet.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion