Spain favourites for the world cup

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

I think it is absolutely right that Spain are favourites for the World Cup - they have a great team, some amazing talent and play cracking football. For me the World Cup will be won by either them or Brazil. Spain beat France 2-0 last night, in France - which is an impressive win for them. You cant help but be impressed by them.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:I think it is absolutely right that Spain are favourites for the World Cup - they have a great team, some amazing talent and play cracking football. For me the World Cup will be won by either them or Brazil. Spain beat France 2-0 last night, in France - which is an impressive win for them. You cant help but be impressed by them.

Beating France isn't that impressive any more, they are a shadow of their former selves.

I would say the world cup is between Spain, Brazil, Argentina and England. England have one of their best teams in years plus they finally have a good manager for the first time since Bobby Robson.
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:I think it is absolutely right that Spain are favourites for the World Cup - they have a great team, some amazing talent and play cracking football. For me the World Cup will be won by either them or Brazil. Spain beat France 2-0 last night, in France - which is an impressive win for them. You cant help but be impressed by them.

All the opposition has to do is to press Alonso in the safety pocket, with one of the strikers, and that's him nullified. I learnt that here.  :D

Seriously, to win a World Cup, you have to be good yes, but you also have to be lucky. Meaning, Spain, on a bad day, can lose like we lost against USA 42 games ago. We took that game seriously, we tried to win, but we hadn't our day and lost.

A similar thing can happen in South Africa. So I can see perfectly England beating Spain on a good English day. We'd better the Spanish to remove any favouritism if we want to win.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Brazil are expected to be in the final, Argies are not anywhere ear their best, Holland are ok, Germany will be hard to beat, france are w@nk, Italy are w@nkerer, Spain will be tough and England will be tough.

My prediction for what it is worth...        Germany. as much as I hate them.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I think Germany as well, they're 10-1 at the bookies (last time I checked anyway). I'm gonna stick a tenner on them and an African Nation, Ivory Coast I think. I fancy an Arican nation to surprise us but ultimately Germany to take the title
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

Can't see the Huns winning it this year...The Bundesliga just isn't strong enough at the moment...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm

I think Argentina will win it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I still see Brazil winning it tbh

Under Dunga they have a strong look about them along with all the skillfull players. Everytime i see them im very impressed with them
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

I'd go along with that. They were poison the first half the other night, but when they have the full team together, in a competitive fixture, and without that donkey Robinho, it'd be hard to see who could break them down. I'd question Spain at the back under a Brazil onslaught...
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 am

Donkey robinho ? ! he showed the other night how good he is - the second goal was pure class
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah he is a donkey. He's carried by Brazil and Citeh. Some proper man-marking and his contribution is zero. And yes, I DID watch the game the other night....wasn't impressed at all...
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Fair enough mate
Benny The Noon

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Dundalk wrote:I still see Brazil winning it tbh

Under Dunga they have a strong look about them along with all the skillfull players. Everytime i see them im very impressed with them

Didn't Brazil struggle to qualify for the WC?
heimdall

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:10 pm

I hope it's Spain who lift the World Cup and with players of the calibre they possess and the way they play the game I believe football will be a winner if they do.

I certainly don't want England to win it. 

P.S. I live in the "Republic of Merseyside" NOT England :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Dalglish wrote:I hope it's Spain who lift the World Cup and with players of the calibre they possess and the way they play the game I believe football will be a winner if they do.

I certainly don't want England to win it. 

P.S. I live in the "Republic of Merseyside" NOT England :D

I wanna see England win, but only if Stevie is Captain and lifting the cup... apart from that couldnt care less
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion