Unbiased view - England v spain

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:39 am

ok, so the game kicked off, and there were no liverpool players on the england team, so i watched the game unbiased.
first of all, can we forget the scum fans and concentrate on the football, England were plain and simply given a lesson. From Xavi and Alonso controlling the centre to Wakeems (sp) dazzling runs down the right.

It didnt help that shrek was throwing his toys all over the place (but hes only young)
Wasnt Owen that age when he was a centre forward? Will rooney be playing in 5 years and everyone saying still that hes only young?
He almost killed the goalie and his tackles were atrocious.
Actually, tackles were flying in from all over the park from our lads.

And nicky butt? gimme a break, we desperately needed Gerrard.
The monkey chants did not help but they didnt start until the 2nd half after cole had fouled time and time again (im not condoning it, far from it, these racist thugs should be shot)

Basically, we were pi$$ poor.
Just an opinion
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:50 am

I think Spain where by far the better team. Not just in midfield but all over the park. The passing and movement was a joy to watch and the guy from Barca in midfield was awesome. But then again arent Spain always usually good in friendlies and qualifiers,its when it really matters they fall down.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:50 am

Men against Boys , pure and simple. England taught a lesson in control and passing, something England have lacked for years.

The racist taunts will probably be used tomorrow to gloss over a very poor England performance which is sad cos it hides the fact England are simply not good enough at this level.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:59 am

Rooney was insulting the Reds when he threw the armband away.He shouldnt get away with it.England put on the worst performance i have ever seen from a top ranked nation,they exposed themselves as the heartless team they are.Sven should be sacked while they still have time.Does anyone really think he can turn that bunch of spineless fools into world cup winners by 2006?They need someone who understands english football and english players cos Sven obviously hasnt got a clue.The few Spanish who made racist chants should be banned for life.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:04 am

well said dalish and greenred, couldnt agree more
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:37 pm

Thats was the worst england perfomance ive seen for along time to win world cups and european cup u have to control the middle of the park with alot of possession. Thats what england failed to do against portgual which was one the reason they lost against portgual,spain and france take teams like spain,czech repbulic,brazil,france portgual etc they all control the midfield with good possession and team work. I throught xavi was great last night the best player on the park its not just his tackling which is great but his vision and his does the simple things well which make him look superb.England need a leader beckham was anonymous again when the goin get tough beckham dissapears,even though terry had a bad game he put himself about with some tackles which beckham didn't do. Spain tough england a lesson in passing,techinque and first touch football  :cool:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion