Positive club activity

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Since our american cousins took over:

1. We´ve re-signed our key players,
2. We´ve reviewed, redesigned and submitted new stadium plans to the council,
3. We´ve started to chase key players whilst sending out a strong signal we wont pay over the top,
4. We´ve bought Lucas, the most promising young Brazilian available today
5. We´ve renewed and improved our sponsership deal.
6. We´ve brought in a new Academy management team.

Cant exactly say the club is resting on its laurels can we?

Tell you, apart from the frustration of not signing multi mullion pound players yet, the activity and proactivity going on at the club is great to see.

We´re moving forward, Parry is doing a good job and Moores was right to sell and is quietly overseeing the transition.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:03 pm

The club is moving forward and the future looks even brighter now all we need is to fill the gaps in our starting 11
Decent left back--Matty Taylor for me personally
Right Winger (only if Pennant doesn't keep up the form he showed at the back end of last year)--Aaron Lennon because he will excite us
and finally a 20-30 league goals--looks like Torres
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:05 pm

It's not as if its ground breaking stuff all that would have been done whoever own the club. just give me some world class players and i will be happy. :D
grayghost

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Reg wrote:Since our american cousins took over:

1. We´ve re-signed our key players,
2. We´ve reviewed, redesigned and submitted new stadium plans to the council,
3. We´ve started to chase key players whilst sending out a strong signal we wont pay over the top,
4. We´ve bought Lucas, the most promising young Brazilian available today
5. We´ve renewed and improved our sponsership deal.
6. We´ve brought in a new Academy management team.

Cant exactly say the club is resting on its laurels can we?

Tell you, apart from the frustration of not signing multi mullion pound players yet, the activity and proactivity going on at the club is great to see.

We´re moving forward, Parry is doing a good job and Moores was right to sell and is quietly overseeing the transition.

I agree that they're not resting on their laurels at the moment but they have yet to show the plans for the new stadium which were supposed to be revealed earlier this week. Hicks has mouthed off about delivering an exciting signing by the end of the week - 3/4 weeks ago.
They are going to find the fans directing frustration and anger at them before long if they continue to say these things and then don't deliver.
I believe that these early first steps in their ownership are positives but I still think that the first real time to judge them will come at the end of the summer. Then we will see how they've financed Rafa in the transfer market and whether or not the new design for the stadium is as spectacular as they're making out.

It's going ok but they've still to really deliver anything that they've promised so open mind and patience are needed for now.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Chr!st Rushie you really dont give them the benefit of the doubt do you?  Cheer up mate, everythings gonna be ok! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:08 pm

For alls we know lads the Yanks have finaced Rafa but the players don't want to join us, lets assume Tom and George are doing everything right.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:27 pm

I dont agree with point 4 that lucas is the most promising brazilian around, yeah hes captain of the under 20's but theres a host of names that i could mention that could be hailed as the most promising player in brazil, he seems good il give him that but i seriously dont think wel see too much of him definitely before christmas apart from the carling cup, he will be given time to adapt and take it from there he prob wont get on the bench much until '08 so lets not build him up like gonzales, he seems promising but hes not 'the most promising' player from brazil and thats not a spite at u reg, just pointing it out!

Also im not happy that we renewed with carslberg they dont pay the same top dollar that the likes of manure chelski and arsenal receive, if you compare our deals with theirs i guarantee u that ours is a fraction of the other 3 teams'!

But im queitly optimistic that good things are happening behind the scenes, and im hoping that abig name player signs just to cheer some people up!
ICE-MAN

Postby hello_red » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:24 pm

ICE-MAN wrote:I dont agree with point 4 that lucas is the most promising brazilian around, yeah hes captain of the under 20's but theres a host of names that i could mention that could be hailed as the most promising player in brazil, he seems good il give him that but i seriously dont think wel see too much of him definitely before christmas apart from the carling cup, he will be given time to adapt and take it from there he prob wont get on the bench much until '08 so lets not build him up like gonzales, he seems promising but hes not 'the most promising' player from brazil and thats not a spite at u reg, just pointing it out!

Also im not happy that we renewed with carslberg they dont pay the same top dollar that the likes of manure chelski and arsenal receive, if you compare our deals with theirs i guarantee u that ours is a fraction of the other 3 teams'!

But im queitly optimistic that good things are happening behind the scenes, and im hoping that abig name player signs just to cheer some people up!

Jebus man calm down. Hes a bright star for the future.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Reg wrote:Chr!st Rushie you really dont give them the benefit of the doubt do you?  Cheer up mate, everythings gonna be ok! :laugh:

I WAS trying to sound optimistic without pulling out the old rose tinted specs!  :D  :laugh:

I'll re-word my opinion, this is the honeymoon period. We've (me included  :D ) all been welcoming towards them and excited about their proposals and I'm confident they'll deliver on them, but the honeymoon won't last if they don't deliver.
Without getting too carried away I am content that these guys are gonna be beneficial for the club.

Everythings smellin.........

of roses here! :cool:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:23 pm

You know what, we´re having a ball of a time at the moment with everything thats going on, we´re really preparing for the future.

To put it into perspective imagine you´re a supporter of the Blueshite. ( :p ). They have no short term plan for the closed season, no medium longterm plan, no new stadium to take them into the next 50 years and no cash injection. In short, no future. The directors, manager and players start pre-season training next week on some caravan site in Rhyl. Bless.....

The Reds will get bigger and the small clubs will only get smaller.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion