Max poi...? - Can we get max points from now on in?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dimshen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 am

After comparing our run in with Arsenals and finding that is is far kinder than our rivals for 3rd place, i wonder, do we have the consistancy to get maximum points and therefore finish 3rd?

Of course a major factor in this has to be our clash with them next weekend at home which i feel we wont lose, and if this is the case do we have the legs for 3rd?

Liverpool fixtures:

Arsenal (H)
Reading (A)
Man City (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
Wigan (H)
Portsmouth (A)
Fulham (A)
Charlton (H)

Arsenal Fixtures:

Liverpool (A)
West Ham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Man City (H)
Tottenham (A)
Fulham (H)
Chelsea (H)
Portsmouth (A)
Dimshen

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:21 am

to answer the title of the thread: no.

we could have got 3 points against villa, we could have got 3 points against Newcastle's shoddy defence - but we didn't.

There are no easy games for us at the moment, as discussed in other threads, we dont yet have the quality in the squad to go and win every game.

2 months ago we had a very similar thread asking... if there was a possibility of 2nd or even first? - we had just beaten chelsea and west ham and evryone was looking above us, thinking  of the possibility of catching the top 2. Then we won 1 (sheff utd) out of 5 league games - losing to newcastle and man utd and drawing with everton and villa

Its not impossible - its just not likely.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:57 am

I still think it genuinely is up in the air..... Arsenal showed last week that they are fallible in going down at Goodison, they have to play Spurs away and Chelsea which looks like one point from six to me.....
They have no Henry for the rest of the season and you wonder how the last two or three weeks has affected their players (going out of every competition in such a short space of time)
If Rafa can inspire the boys I reckon there is every reason to be optimistic.......

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:30 pm

After our dire performance against Villa..Not a snowballs chance in hell!

We should count ourselves lucky that UTD beat Bolton as well or we may have been looking at 5th!

The way things are at the minute it looks like we are gonna have to settle for 4th place unfortunately and hope for better next year.
66-1120597113

Postby Effes » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:35 pm

No, I win £2850 if we get 77 points.

Im not expecting a pay out.

It was easy to see against Villa, the players are thinking of the Champions League now.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:50 pm

We easily have the players and the capability of winning all our remaining fixtures but realistically we should expect more of what we were made to witness on Sunday at Villa park, rafa will rest key players and the players that play will have more than one eye on the PSV games.

In days gone by the upcoming PSV games would act as a motivation to players...as they would play out of there skin to get in the side, but with the way Rafa works it, its more likely the players left out of the league games will be the one's entrusted to play in Europe.
We should still comfortably make top 4 though.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:09 pm

i expect us to win all the games...at least to end the season in an unbeaten run

I belive we can do it...we are better then those teams
Elchris

Postby club_Levis » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:32 pm

Hopefully we could.Realistically it is very unlikely.
club_Levis

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I think we'll get third place, but only cos arsenal have tough games, I'm relying more on arsenal slipping up more than expecting us to win every game tho...
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Maybe we could finish 3rd but only if the strikers start getting there fingers out and start putting the ball in the net. Next prem game drop Dirk and start with Fowler and we may start scoring again.
grayghost

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:20 pm

heart                yes
head                 no

but a champions leauge final against ac milan like rafa siad will do nicely
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:10 pm

it's definitely possible- but the way our form changes only time will tell. From looking at the two sets of fixtures it should happen but we really need our strikers hitting some form (and goals) otherwise we could end up out of the CL as well!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:19 pm

If SG play on CM, I think 90% we can get 3 points in every game but if SG play on RM, I think we will get 1 point for the rest of this season.
LiverpoolMadman

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion