17-19 points
1%
14-16 points
No votes
Less than 14 points
No votes

Total votes : 69

Postby Alex G. » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 pm

bavlondon wrote:If we play how we have been playing for the rest of the season we will win the league. And perhaps even the European Cup.

For that achievement (EPL + CL) you need a strength deep squad, we have a great first eleven but our bench.......El Zhar, N´Gog, Babel, Leiva, Benayoun   :glare:
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Alex G. wrote:
bavlondon wrote:If we play how we have been playing for the rest of the season we will win the league. And perhaps even the European Cup.

For that achievement (EPL + CL) you need a strength deep squad, we have a great first eleven but our bench.......El Zhar, N´Gog, Babel, Leiva, Benayoun   :glare:

those players are improving and if you mix them in the team in right combo it might work out remember its all about ballance.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Alex G. wrote:

If the team has more confidence then even the lesser players play better. We have a better squad than in 2005 and we won it then so why not this year? Some rotation will be required around the CL matches but it is possible.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby imouthep » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Don't forget lucas played very well against man u, babel played well against real and yossi scored a vital away goal in the bernabeu. On the pitch at the same time maybe they won't do so well but played in cameo roles in our remaining run in they could prove priceless.
imouthep

Postby Greavesie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:12 am

bavlondon wrote:
Alex G. wrote:

If the team has more confidence then even the lesser players play better. We have a better squad than in 2005 and we won it then so why not this year? Some rotation will be required around the CL matches but it is possible.

Premier League and European Champions, then win the World Club and milk the World Champions bit  :D

Bav mate I reckon you're onto something with the rotation part, I'm worried that Rafa's going to rotate the league matches and prioritise the CL. I hope to God I'm wrong because I'm really startin to believe we can win the thing this year and it would be a massive achievment after the ups and downs we've had this season
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Madmax » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 am

we deserve to win the EPL!! Important to win our remaider games and see what happens. Really think mannure will drop some points on the last corner.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 am

Alex G. wrote:

A number of members on here have reckoned Benayoun was one of our form players before his injury.

BUT, we had our first XI available against villa and won, without Torres or Gerrard are we be able to repeat such performances? And while we complain, like most other fans, about injuries, how often have we been down to inexperienced CBs or no midfield options? It's not exactly been kids having to play, apart from striker shortages which are entirely down to Rafa - loaning out Voronin, selling Keane and not replacing him etc.

We've dropped silly points, nothing we can do about that. The worrying thing is we could drop more, we can do something about that, but if we lose any or all of Torres, Alonso and Gerrard then there is not a lot we can do about that and the cover may be good enough to pick up a few points, but is it good enough to win all our remaining games? Winning all our remaining games may be the only way we'll win the title, but even with all our players available I'm not sure we will.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:17 am

Mannure fans are shyte scared of our momentum and feel we wont drop points in this last heat.. :laugh:  Common you red men

Some of my mannure mates are convince they will draw few of thier own.. Im hoping neverton will gold the cackfaces and force a replay the more mannure have to play the better
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:08 pm

Look at it this way, it's safer. We don't just need the mancs to drop four points minimum, we need them to drop four points more than us minimum. That covers the possibility/probability of us not winning all our remaining games. I'm sure we could all pick out games the mancs could lose/draw, I bet they could do exactly the same to our fixtures.

But of course the best way to put pressure on them is to keep winning, give them no alternative but to keep winning themselves or watch us catch them and maybe even pass them. I was thinking earlier that maybe this season could prove useful even if we don't win the league, because it may force Rafa to realise how important winning games is when in a title challenge. He should already know that, but being in a position where the mancs have lost FOUR games to our two and are still ahead of us should really hammer it home - especially as we are closer than ever before.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:13 pm

I am sure they will drop more points, starting against Villa. Arsenal can definatley take points of them too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I think how well we both do against arsenal will be the crucial games - if we claim three points and they get a draw or are beaten then i can really seriously see us winning the prem .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Fulham, Arsenal and West Ham. Those are the games we have to get maximum points from. We obviously have to win all our other remaining home games too but given our current form I don't think that will be an issue any more.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:21 pm

I have gone for 26-28 points but I think we will need 30 points to win the league. Man Utd will bounce back strong after 2 defeats but might still draw a couple of games.

It's going to be VERY tough to win the league from this position.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:25 pm

We have closed the gap to get this far so no point stopping now. Can't remember if it was the first or second league but Valencia came from 7 points behind and we are doing just that too. Im not trying to tempt fate but it is possible. No one thought we could beat them at OT and no one thought they would drop points after that either but both happend. We must believe and keep chugging away.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:01 pm

1 game at a time maybe?

Lose the next one and its all over haha people are talking about the Arsenal game being decisive and everything

Let's get fulham over with first
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion