Another 2 points dropped

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:37 am

And another thing Luis Garcia is sh.ite whether he plays on the right or in a more central role he always gives the ball away and does not posess the toughness needed in the EPL !

Agree ! :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:47 am

peewee wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:the stats throughout the game where Liverpool 8 shots on to mnaures 3, and possesion Liverpool 82 manure 28.
and your telling us manure played better. ???

lynds that possession comes to 110%     :D

:blush: I meant 72 Id just got up from an afternoon on the ale, my mistake :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:05 am

teamleader1 wrote:Cant agree with any critisism of Crouch today, he won everything today and laid it into space more often than not

Must admit despite being very unhappy with the signing of Crouch ,I have to hold my hand up and say the fella put in a good performance . However there's not much point havin' the big lad up front on his own ,there's no one to latch on to his knock downs and as has been mentioned he doesn't have the pace to take on a defence by himself . Not sure what Rafa''s take on this is , maybe he was happy to play for the draw ?

:(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
peewee wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:the stats throughout the game where Liverpool 8 shots on to mnaures 3, and possesion Liverpool 82 manure 28.
and your telling us manure played better. ???

lynds that possession comes to 110%     :D

:blush: I meant 72 Id just got up from an afternoon on the ale, my mistake :D

:D

i would ask you for a 69 but im scared now what i might get
112-1077774096

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:11 am

i didnt think that we played 4-5-1 i thourght that Garcia took over the right wing and Gerrad was playing off the striker (Garica's role) and no formation change was made
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:00 am

Sorry to have to say this, but we will continue to struggle with Garcia in the team. To be quite honest yesterday was like playing with ten against twelve. He was more effective than Keane in breaking up our attacks. How Rafa sees fit to leave him on while taking Crouch and Pongolle off is beyone me.
FrankM

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:45 am

FrankM wrote:Sorry to have to say this, but we will continue to struggle with Garcia in the team. To be quite honest yesterday was like playing with ten against twelve. He was more effective than Keane in breaking up our attacks. How Rafa sees fit to leave him on while taking Crouch and Pongolle off is beyone me.

Ive said it many posts that garcia is more of a hinderence than a help-

I know hes scored vital goals for us- but over a season his contribution is very poor- it cant help team moral when he constantly breaks down our own attacks with his pathetic flicks and back heels, he NEVER puts his foot through the ball to deliver a solid pass
Id hazard a guess that we would have scored a few more this season only for him

Rafa needs to bite the bullet and give him a permenant place on the bench until we add to the team, then sell him on at the end of the season
The man is way to lightweight and lacking in vision to ever make a prem player IMO
teamleader1

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:51 am

Garcia pis'sed me off as well but he made up for it by breaking Keanes foot . :laugh:  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:58 am

woof woof ! wrote:Garcia pis'sed me off as well but he made up for it by breaking Keanes foot . :laugh:  :D  :D

:laugh:

garcia is skillful, i'll give him that. he's equally adept at giving the ball away with both foot. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:05 pm

I've made no secret from very early in the piece of the fact that I rate Garcia very highly. Despite not really adapting to the pace of our football last season he still scored loads of goals, mostly from a wide position so I felt he vindicated my original call and I was really looking forward to seeing him play this season.
I have to say that sofar he has been very disappointing for me. Yesterday was by no means an untypical performance and I hope he returns to something like his best form soon. Despite the fact that he looks for all the World like a bloke whose best position is behind a target man in a central role, his most effective performances have come IMHO when he has been played out of position wide-right. Strange really.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:08 pm

Sell him and bring back Murphy. :upside:
109-1093441336

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:16 pm

bigmick wrote:I've made no secret from very early in the piece of the fact that I rate Garcia very highly. Despite not really adapting to the pace of our football last season he still scored loads of goals, mostly from a wide position so I felt he vindicated my original call and I was really looking forward to seeing him play this season.
I have to say that sofar he has been very disappointing for me. Yesterday was by no means an untypical performance and I hope he returns to something like his best form soon. Despite the fact that he looks for all the World like a bloke whose best position is behind a target man in a central role, his most effective performances have come IMHO when he has been played out of position wide-right. Strange really.

I rate him aswell bigmick but he is the most frustrating player I've seen at Liverpool for a long time.

Garcia is a flair player. It is worth being infuriated with him many times in the course of a match, just to wait for one moment of magic, yesterday being the breaking of Keane's foot.

I'd rather have a flair player in synergy with industrious players. During Houllier's regime, flair players would be caned for even attempting anything clever.

Having said that, it is true that Garcia's style suits the European game more, given extra time and space. He has to learn and adapt to the English game and keep it simple. Just hope he hasn't past the age of learning yet. Some people expect the world to adapt to them and not the other way around.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:59 pm

To anyone who thinks Garcia is garbage, lets discuss it at the end of the season, when he will have AT LEAST another 15 goals to his name.

Sometimes he gives the ball away but that is the nature of the beast with a player like that.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion