Another 2 points dropped

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:16 pm

Quote from Redcafe forum
"With van der Sar, though, we don't feel too shaky at the back. In spite of Liverpool's inventiveness in attack (at least more than us), I never once felt that we'd concede a goal".

This appears to be the general sensus of opinion on the manu forums, chelseaforabit or whatever your name is.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:19 pm

chelseaforabit  luv it.......:laugh: :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:20 pm

neil wrote:This appears to be the general sensus of opinion on the manu forums, chelseaforabit or whatever your name is.

chelsea clinton reminds me of dumb broads whom u dump but they don't get the message (ie......  Even if u say it loud & slowly to them that it is over...they still call u the next day)   :rasp
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:50 pm

meelan#5 wrote:Crouch may have a good touch, but is slower than Sami. we should play Sami upfront "for second balls" against

Sorry Meelan
Cant agree with any critisism of Crouch today, he won everything today and laid it into space more often than not- its not his fault that garcia couldnte read a fkn newspaper never mind a one two with a striker!

Crouch will be a big asset to the team once we get someone with intellegence who will play off him and a wide man who can cross a ball for him to attack- his lack of pace is not important considering all his other atributes

Be patiant and it will all come right m8
teamleader1

Postby Dalglish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:52 pm

I think I may have inadvertantly found a cure for insomnia sat in my seat today such was the mundane and predictable football on offer.

It's difficult to know where to point the finger to be honest. Liverpool played 5 across the middle but United showed as much defensive intent by playing Keane as an extra centre back and Van De Saar as sweeper !!

They keep commenting that it's the new way of playing but this attitude of playing not to lose rather than playing to win is frustrating and about as entertaining as Athlete's Foot !

Liverpool and Manchester United fixtures are always hyped beyond their delivery but this years pre match build up was different in that the shift in power has drifted southwards with both the Premiership and FA Cup holders playing thier football in London and the press don't appear to believe that this particualr clash was worth the paper space.

The first 10 minutes looked promising but it died a death after that as each team cancelled out the other. To see the old midfield maestro Keane playing as practically a 3rd centre back  says a lot both for the player who is clocking on a bit and tactics of Sir Andrex who wil be happy with a draw.

For those watching on SKY even that broadcaster with it's 37 camera angles will have struggled to talk this game up. For me the most exciting part of the game was Gerrard's 50 yard chase back and superb tackle of Fat Boy Rooney closely followed by the realisation that i had gained maximum points for predictinhg a 0-0 draw in "Challenge Lawro". Maybe I'm getting old and harder to please but as a piece of entertainment this match could possibly be prosecuted under the trade descriptions act !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 pm

the Premiership is morphing into Seria A game by game.

the way they applaud the tactical genius of 0-0 game is nothing short of Republican spin.

you can see the likes of Gollum, Bent Nose Bruce and his ilk doin just that as the season progresses.
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:43 pm

Meelan is right about the Premiership turning into Seria A. Like the Seria, stadiums are empty and there's been hell of a lot of draws. This week alone there were 5 games that ended as a draw and in all 5 no more than one goal was scored.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:37 am

Get fuc*ed Crouch was fantastic today all he needed as a quality player along side him, i have never give rafa critisism but the decision to leave garcia on take pongolle off was diabolical garcia was so bad it was unbelieveble, it was a disgrace to leave him on, but at the end of the day i dont blame garcia, i blame Rafa, hec was awful to say the least, pongolle and Crouch were the best players on the park today, cant believe he played a full game.....shocking  ???  ???
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:45 am

do u know what amazes me.... how bittter them horrible :censored: have become since we won it 5 times......in istanbul we won it 5 times!!!!!!!

are you watchin michael shields, murders, justice for heysel yes thats how bitter they have become,wasnt singing that 5 years ago was you you cun*s, i hope they all fu*king die a slow and painful death, i hate them so much id have bombed the Anfield road today just to get rid of some of the :censored:. Sorry dont care how many reds come from manchester i hope they all fuc*in die.!!!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:15 am

Yep I agree GaryMac. They hardly sung about football, just sh!te about Heysel, murderers, Michael Shields etc. I didn't hear any derogatory chnts from our fans: USA, USA was about it. They had no comeback to our "We've won it 5 times" song so they sing about stuff that is completely irrelevant. The stewards should've held them back after the game while the 40 000 Liverpool fans waited outside the Road end to kick the sh!te out of the lot of them.

Bitter Manc :censored:.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:the stats throughout the game where Liverpool 8 shots on to mnaures 3, and possesion Liverpool 82 manure 28.
and your telling us manure played better. ???

lynds that possession comes to 110%     :D
112-1077774096

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:02 am

Come on ! Guys ... I know that most of us wanted Man U to lose but look at the bright side . Last season they beat us ... but this season we manage to get 1 point and that's is a good. Yes some of you all maybe right 4-5-1 is not a good at home but if we played 4-4-2 , we might lost the game. BTW please don't compare us with chelshit. As long as we can improved than last season, I would be very happy .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby hobbes » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:08 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Whats annoying me is this 4-5-1 shi.te!
All this in Raffa we trust is fu.cking balls!
When will he see that we have not got the players to suit this system??
Its madness for him to persevere with this system when we have no natural wingers.
What is wrong with the good old 4-4-2??
And another thing Luis Garcia is sh.ite whether he plays on the right or in a more central role he always gives the ball away and does not posess the toughness needed in the EPL !

Agreed. We have to play 2 strikers. All our strikers cannot perform singularly. They are desparate for supports.
hobbes

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:45 am

peewee wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:the stats throughout the game where Liverpool 8 shots on to mnaures 3, and possesion Liverpool 82 manure 28.
and your telling us manure played better. ???

lynds that possession comes to 110%     :D

didn't u noe dude....chicks are bad in maths ...  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:10 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Whats annoying me is this 4-5-1 shi.te!
All this in Raffa we trust is fu.cking balls!
When will he see that we have not got the players to suit this system??
Its madness for him to persevere with this system when we have no natural wingers.
What is wrong with the good old 4-4-2??
And another thing Luis Garcia is sh.ite whether he plays on the right or in a more central role he always gives the ball away and does not posess the toughness needed in the EPL !

i dont understand that either...why not 4-4-2?why not Crouch and Cisse...that would be solid IMHO...
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion