Another 2 points dropped

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:31 pm

:censored: OFF
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:36 pm

I think that the recent reactions of disappointments stems from the hype of Istanbul and the unreasonable expectations that followed. Who really thought (in the brain, not there heart), that we would be competing for the league, I sure didn’t, and I suspect that most reasonably minded people didn’t either.

And please stop making the comparisons against Chelsea, and stop mentioning the point’s gap, they are in a league of their own, they have won all their competitive games so far and have not conceded a goal.

I haven’t been one of those fans who have raving on about Rafa and how he is the messiah, I’ve simple said all along that I will wait and see how we progress, he is not guaranteed success, and I was often critical of him last year. But some of the criticism he has received this year has been absolute nonsense, we are definitely better than last year and look as though we are making progress.

I know this is probably not the best way to make my argument but I’m going to do it anyway:

Away - Vs Middlesbrough, 2-0 Loss
Home - Vs There relegated teams, (Norwich-3-0, Southampton-1- 0, Crystal Palace-3-2) Wins
Away - Vs Tottenham, 1-1 Draw
Home - Vs Man Utd, 0-1 Loss

4 Points

Away - Vs Middlesbrough, 0-0 Draw
Home - Vs Sunderland, 1-0 Win
Away - Vs Tottenham, 0-0 Draw
Home - Vs Man Utd, 0-0 Draw

6 Points

That’s an improvement on last season. I challenge anyone to look at videos of the games against Middlesbrough, Tottenham and Man Utd last year then compare them to this year, and then tell me we haven’t improved. Last season we had so many games where we were completely dominated, so far this season I don’t think that any of the opposition we have faced in the Premiership can say they were the better team. We are competing much better than last year.

Goals have obviously been a problem so far, but things will improve, are general performance has been good, but we have been lacking a cutting edge, but I am sure Rafa is aware of this, so don’t get too worried.

Progression is the name of the game for LFC and Rafa at moment, and I think we are moving in the right direction, were looking stronger and more confident, we haven’t clicked on terms of goals but I’m sure some will come soon enough.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:40 pm

i beg to differ to most of you for i'm pretty happy with this result.
as i have said once, the positive thing is; we begin to be 'half jeckyl and half hide' instead of last year's jeckyl and hide- which is good as indicating we are improving, that's what really matter to me. it's been a long campaigns to face, we played CSKA moskow, betis and now manure and next (after birmingham) to meet chelsea (2x). so far we have never lost a single game. This match has also proven that we have managed to get manure leveled up. if this performance keeps improving, the ultimate stage is to level up arsenal and cheatski. if that's to happen, then we undoubtedly are on the right track. fingers' crossed.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:18 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Also it looks like Cisse will be gone in January and Dirk Kuijt WILL be brought in.

hey.... u got any inside information from your sources ?  :D
Are we deffo getting Dirk Kuijt  ? I mean, i wouldn't mind getting rid of cisse if we are getting kuijt but we are gonna be screwed financially again.

Kuijt will cost more than 10 million....and i think if we are gonna sell cisse it would be for a massive loss (i think we can only sell him for 7 or 8 million ....tops).

Are we also gonna buy another striker with kuijt ? Even boro has 6 top strikers and i am not counting their reserve strikers....(ie...viduka, hasselbank, yakubu, job, that slovakian striker and the italian striker).

While, if cisse leaves it will leave us with crouch, moro, kuijt, pongolle, mellor, garcia (if u can stand him losing the ball 20 times). 6 strikers also.....but really u can't classify pongolle, mellor and garcia as top strikers can u .....? (i don't even consider moro a premiership striker...but that is another story).

Also, does this mean u have to change your user-id again ?  :p
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:20 pm

Considering we had a few players a bit out of sorts, united never looked like scoring- the only real pressure we came under was self inflicted

United trouble the other top sides a lot more- this I believe is a measure of how far we have come, it may not have looked great but we were the only team likely to score

solid start to the season, just check the last six aways in the paper- this terms 2draws is a vast improvement as is 1pt against utd
Rafa wanted to stop the rot in giving max points to the top 3-

Considering we lost out on a few of our summer targets I think we are moving along nicely

My only critisism is that garcia was his usual wasteful self and still stayed on the full game
I can see us improving steadily throughout this season especialy after the jan window
teamleader1

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:27 pm

We will compete with Arsenal for the third/fourth place this season. We've played four games[we have two games in hand, they have one] and we both have collected 6 points but we haven't lost any whilst they have. It's an indication that Arsenal are weakened, it will be an interesting year.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:31 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:I think this was a poor performance by Liverpool. Iv been saying that this was a must win game for you and I am sure Rafa is not pleased with the result (he can say whatever on the post match, although I didn’t catch that).

The first 10 minutes were buzzin and it looked like that would set the tempo of the game. but it was not to be, after a while all creativity stopped – well there wasent much to begin with – but whatever there was stopped and from the minute the 2nd half started it had a 0-0 written all over it.

Manu will take this as a good result as they played a half fit Keane, they had 1 less day of rest and they were away from home.

For Liverpool I thought Crouch played fairly well. He did what was expected of him, he played others in and he tried to make an impact. Garcia was pretty woeful if you ask me, he isn’t anywhere near half the player he was last season. He cant keep the ball, his passing is wayward and he is easily shaken off. Pongo looked lively, he might not have done a lot but he looked lively and I thought Liverpool really needed that. He tried to create, he had hunger and im sure with more match fitness he will be able to provide the end product.

In midfield I really didn’t notice Gerrard until 10 minutes or so into the 2nd half. And a bit more once Sissoko came on so Steven could push up. He had a poor game as per his high standards. Alonso was a tad better, some of his passing was great as usual but there was little he could do as the support upfront wasn’t really there.

Cisse came on with 10 minutes to go (I think it was 10). He had one good chance to play someone in from the right but opted to take the Richardson on and lost the ball. He also looked frustrated on other occasions and was complaining and making faces. That really isn’t a good sign. I don’t know if its down to him and Rafa having problems, him being angry that Crouch is 1st choice or him just facing some lack of confidence. Whatever it is. Its vital that it get sorted soon because he is one person who has goals in him and if Garcia and Zenden are not going to contribute, if Crouch is unable to play against good defenses and if Fernando is out then Liverpool face a big problem in scoring goals.

Overall I thought Manu were the better side, they might not have deserved a win and perhaps a draw was the right result, but they did create more and play a tad better. Might I add, Van Der Sar really has made a difference to their side.

I dont think me and you watched the same game then, this is the worst load of sh.ite you have ever posted on our forum.
the stats throughout the game where Liverpool 8 shots on to mnaures 3, and possesion Liverpool 82 manure 28.
and your telling us manure played better. ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:33 pm

ciggy your much more polite than i was too him :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:39 pm

CCrouch may have a good touch, but is slower than Sami. we should play Sami upfront "for second balls" against Brum
109-1093441336

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:39 pm

drummerphil wrote:ciggy your much more polite than i was too him :D

Not reaaly Phil he can f@ck off coming out with bollox such as that, duno why he is even here, why doesnt he join the Manure forum if he thought they played better than us today, which they didnt.
He is not wanted here with stupid comments such as these on here.
I only love liverpool there is noway  I would bother my @rse joining another clubs forum and give my opinions on there team.
f@cking pathetic. :veryangry
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:41 pm

totally totally agree.....but some seem to want him here ???? ???
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:43 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:duno why he is even here, why doesnt he join the Manure forum if he thought they played better than us today, which they didnt.

Bcos he gets turned on when we flame him.... he's a kinky "fellow" u noe....  :p   :laugh:   :p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Actually i,m surprised that Newcastle idiot hasent come on to brag about Owen scoring
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:13 pm

BTW real madrid lost again  :D What a rubbish team.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:15 pm

They got Robinho and Ramos sent off :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion