Whos looking forward to the next season? - Cause things aint gonna change much!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 23, 2004 3:03 pm

Hello, just wondering how many of you were actually looking forward to the 2004/2005 season, and what we will acieve, bearing in mind that that doesn't appear to be a lot of swift action going on behind the scenes!
Apart from the Heskey departure, the rest of the squad seems to be in tact, so the likes of Murphy, diou, diouf, smicer, and a few other very 'average' players will sitll be in the squad next year.
With the rejection of the Steve morgan bid, the thai bid likely to be accepted, and Houllier still in a job next year, giving him 60+ million to spend seems disastorous seeing as he's already wasted a lot more!
Apart from then Cisse arrival, I cant see that much change in the squad, meaning that another similar season lies ahead next year!
I cant see Houllier signing anyone decent, as he lacks passion to sign the worlds greatest players.
I could suggest some names to sign for Gerrard:
Guilly (monaco), Moreintes (monaco), Pennant (Leeds), Keane (Spurs), Nicky Butt (Scum), Rivaldo, Van Boyton (City), Mendietta (Boro).....and there are others, and possible all of who would strenthen our team somewhat. Id be putting good offers in for all of the above as we speak!
But NO!
Gerrard "the Iraqi Information minister" Houllier, will probaly buy a few other turnips, to go with the swedes and carrots.
Im already gloomy, and i can see beyond 4th spot again.

:p
84-1083280474

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 23, 2004 3:20 pm

your a barrel of laughs you Hustler, whats you favourite song ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 3:52 pm

TheHustler wrote:bearing in mind that that doesn't appear to be a lot of swift action going on behind the scenes!

You have to be having a laugh, eh?

There is more action going on behind the scenes at Anfield at the moment than a John Holmes skin flick!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 3:55 pm

there certainly is. what's p#ssing me off is that nobody is coming out and letting the fans know what has been decided. people will just continue to speculate until we know if houllier is definitely staying on or not. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Sun May 23, 2004 4:09 pm

Houllier is gone.Its not in doubt at this stage.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 23, 2004 4:19 pm

There is more action going on behind the scenes at Anfield at the moment than a John Holmes skin flick!

...and you know that with certainty? :laugh:  :laugh:
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 7:42 pm

i am quite optimistic about next season (mind you i say that every year), as long as the money which the manager is given is put to good use. the nucleus of a good squad is already in place, we just need a few TOP CLASS PROVEN players to take us onto the next level. no more squad players please- it's about quality not quantity. arsenal's squad is tiny compared to ours but they have regular consistent performers who stay injury free all over the park.

all in all the main objective is to break into the top three and mount a serious challenge on the title, not be out of it by october as we were this season. it was not that we finished 4th that worries me it is the points difference between us and arsenal which is concerning. we also only did two "doubles" in the league (blackburn, birmingham).

things can only get better.

:)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion