Time to change things

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 am

rocky29 wrote:the only reason dat rafa wont play aqua much is because he has agreed wiv juventus to sell him back at end of season. so hes petrified of him getting injured. also he knows he may end up there himself. bet u any money im right?

hahahahahha
Fauxy

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 am

rocky29 wrote:the only reason dat rafa wont play aqua much is because he has agreed wiv juventus to sell him back at end of season. so hes petrified of him getting injured. also he knows he may end up there himself. bet u any money im right?

Ok
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 pm

we need a change of mentality, a bit like we saw in the portsmouth game, irrespective of whether we are playing home or away.

we quite simply don't get enough men in the penalty area on a regular basis. look at park's goal yesterday. they had 4 or 5 in the penalty area. we have torres up there and hardly anybody else at times. no wonder he gets so frustrated when he gets so isolated for long spells.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm

you lot dont get it do you. its hicks and gillett fault because by giving rafa that stupid contract with all the clauses in it. rafa has to much power. rafa hasnt changed because he  knew the club could not sack him because of the all the compensation they wud have to pay him. rafa will never resign. FACT!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Rafa's record in the transfer market is dreadful - a few successes but he has wasted hundreds of millions to get this squad (which I think will finish 7th).

I agree with Steve Nicol who basically said it has to change as we've spend loads but have a poor squad and somebody (he didn't say Benitez) has to be held accountable.

Benitez will destroy LFC if we give him the time and (yet more) money.

All the people putting pressure on the owners to give him a new contract a year ago should realise they are partly responsible.

F*ck off you!

You sure you don't have a United top on there?

Any manure fan I know hopes Benitez stays here for many years. You think Nicol and Ronnie Whelan are against us too do you?

If you can't take the truth, don't log on.

LOL

Just read what you just wrote and tell me what's wrong with it.

Ronnie Whelan - c*nt! United supporter.

Nicol - Manages in the MLS. World class standard there. I'll say no more.

It's like you can't make your own mind up and you're swayed by the opinions of others who'll mock us. Who gives a flying f*ck what United supporters say? Half of them are f*cking clueless.

Ronnie Whelan and Nicol both care about LFC very much. I am not saying you need to agree with me, my point is that just because I am pessimistic about our future and have no confidence in Benitez (like these two) doesn't mean I don't care about the club.

Would you agree that Benitez seems to have lost several key players (I am not calliing Reira a key player) but SG and Torres just don't seem as up for it as in prior years, hence the bad attitude. Current Players in the media calling for changes isn't good.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with a manger or not, you are employed by the club, and as such you should be performing on the pitch, as it's the club (fans really) that pay the wages. If Gerrard has had a falling out with Rafa (which I think is a nonsense) then surely Rafa being boss, would drop the player to the bench as any other gaffer would do for disobedience. Looking at the pictures coming out of Melwood every week, I wouldn't say there's any kind of disagreement if a picture is to speak 1000 words or more that is. The camp seem reasonably happy, usually all smiles. As for your assertion for Torres having a huff at the manager, you can forget about that notion alltogether. Torres' problem on the pitch is that he shows too much passion and get's overly frustrated when things aren't going to plan. It's a good thing to see because it shows he's trying and has a real passion for this club and the team. If anything, it's something I'd like to see from Gerrard more often; having a go at the ref's and the linemen, and winding up the oppostion players. Just because a player looks dejected and frustrated on the pitch, it doesn't mean he's fallen out with the manager. Gobsh*tes like Ronnie Whelan are pundits who thrive off of controversy to sell the sh*tty rags they write for. If they really have the best intersts of LFC at heart, they should learn to shut the f*ck up and no perpetuate the situation inside Anfield by pouring their inflamatory p*ss all over the fire.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm

rocky29 wrote:you lot dont get it do you. its hicks and gillett fault because by giving rafa that stupid contract with all the clauses in it. rafa has to much power. rafa hasnt changed because he  knew the club could not sack him because of the all the compensation they wud have to pay him. rafa will never resign. FACT!

If Benitez felt unwanted by the fans at LFC, he'd resign. As it stands, his name is chanted from the rafters inside Anfield on a regular basis.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Are you Robbie Keane is disguise?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
rocky29 wrote:you lot dont get it do you. its hicks and gillett fault because by giving rafa that stupid contract with all the clauses in it. rafa has to much power. rafa hasnt changed because he  knew the club could not sack him because of the all the compensation they wud have to pay him. rafa will never resign. FACT!

If Benitez felt unwanted by the fans at LFC, he'd resign. As it stands, his name is chanted from the rafters inside Anfield on a regular basis.

why should the fans want a manager who looks like finishing 7th, which is probably our worst position since  Souness?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:29 am

Emerald Red wrote:

And so many people cant be wrong can they...?
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

why dont we get phil brown hes good at managing a struggling side wiv no cash available?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:49 am

Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

why should the fans want a manager who looks like finishing 7th, which is probably our worst position since  Souness?

Oh, I don't know - go on the Kop and I'm sure one or two will give you an opinion on that, if you're lucky to find one or two that is. I think maybe you would. I dunno. They sure sound loud on TV those one or two.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 am

rocky29 wrote:why dont we get phil brown hes good at managing a struggling side wiv no cash available?

Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 am

Wiv ??

Dat??

Wud??

My god my baby shows more intelligence.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:31 am

metalhead wrote:I don't usually start alot of topics on here, but after watching the Manchester United game I started thinking about how we can be more positive and change things.

First of all, Mancs looked really average, they had a couple of shots, but no clear cut chance! That said, you start thinking that why we did not win the bloody game when we had our opposing team not playing to their standard! Well, IMO its a couple of things. First, I disagree to anyone who says that Lucas and Mascherano rise in these type of games because they cover more ground and break up play! I disagree with it because we already have two players who do the samething, and two players who can't keep possession properly. We don't need players who lose the ball, we need players who can keep the ball and string few passes together. Today, in midfield we lost alot of the ball, Lucas and Mascherano were the culprit as well as Kuyt. look at Arsenal for example, they don't have players who cover more ground than Lucas or Mascherano, but they have a very good midfield combination who keep possession and play nicely. Furthermore, I read alot of comments its a good idea to use Kuyt  to harrass evra , come on, why can't for once let them think about us harrassing them? lets put a player who causes problems forward not a player who defends and loses the ball everywhere. Moreover,  I thought we started seeing more of the ball when Benni and Aquilani came on, we started looking like a unit again, creating space and giving some neat passes, unfortunately for Torres to miss a glorious chance at the end of the 2nd half.

Lets keep it simple, lets play some possession football, drop Kuyt and Lucas, play Aquilani and Benayoun or Babel, play Maxi on the right not on the left, we will definetly play better than way, because it just showed in the last 15 minutes of the game. Babel came on and caused problems, Benayoun the same thing. Aquilani did ok, showed some neat one - twos and kept the ball better than Lucas.

Finally, our back four, we are lacking a leader who can dominate aerially, I remember Hyypia last season dealing with all those floating crosses and got the best out of everyone. Insua, right now is just not good enough, he might mature into a really solid player later on, he won't be top class, but will become a decent player in the future, right now he isn't first team material. Plus, the backfour are vulnrubale in the air. For me, I think what Rafa should do is, play the Greek for a couple of games, I know he is not your cup of tea but he was doing well lately and he would do better if he had carragher or agger beside him.

I don't find anything wrong with our 4-5-1 formation IF we play the right players

if we have a midfield/attack like this
                          Torres
Babel/Benni        Aquilani              Maxi
            Gerrard             Mascherano

Then this is one really good midfield line up, with players who are excellent in the final third and keep possession better than having Lucas and Kuyt in the team. Let us give it a shot, lets tr something different for a change, the ones we are playing right now is not working, plus our season is gone anyways and we unlikely to get 4th place so lets try it for a couple of games because you will see a different Liverpool, a team that played some possession and attacking football against Portsmouth and it can be applyed to any other team.

We don't have a really bad team, we just need to fine tune it, play the right players all the time and keep the average ones as squad players. My only worry is our backfour and that needs major changing in the Summer.

What's with the friggin England avatar?
Last edited by Effes on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 am

When I dont think I can be anymore suprised by sh!te being spouted on here, some idiot says something like this.......

I bet you any money your wrong seen as we bought Aqualini from FC ROMA  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion