THE OPTIMISM THREAD - things aint so bad afterall

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1093441336 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:33 pm

Whever wrote that piece about " I don't recall anyone dying to play for Porto when they won the CL.... and that's because Porto won't be able to afford most players' wages. "

Diego - Fabiano.

If you dont know who good they are, do some research.
109-1093441336

Postby JBG » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:23 am

All this whinging about not signing players is typical of your short attention span plastic fans.

We aint perfect, and we do need strengthening, but you have to support the team.

This squad, after all, won us the European Cup last year.

I have never seen such fans that will take such personal dislike to players of a club they purportedly support. I don't get it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:34 am

I think it will be sunny come the morning
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:35 am

supersub wrote:I think it will be sunny come the morning

That IS optimism.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:39 am

Just realised theres a thread titled Diao's gone on loan.

:buttrock  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:43 am

I think we will give Spurs a good hiding
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:33 am

this one tells much regarding the situation

lfc.tv
To some supporters looking in from the outside, it's very easy to think, 'Why don't we just buy this player or that player?'. It's never ever that simple though. For starters, it's never just about what the transfer fee is as you have to add up the whole package. Even if you sign someone on a free, the package could add up to close on £10 million if you're paying the player £45,000 a week on a four-year deal. And that's when you're supposed to be getting the player for free! When fans ask why the club won't pay £15 million for a superstar striker, not many stop to think that it's not the £15 million that's the problem but the commitment to shell out £20 million in wages over four years. How many clubs can afford £35 million pounds for one player without putting themselves in financial jeopardy?

further: official site
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:57 am

Parry:
"...Simao was sitting on a plane waiting to come for his medical, but Benfica called it off. In a way, it was similar to the Steven Gerrard situation here when Chelsea were interested.

bloody hell, never knew it was as that close :(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:15 pm

JBG wrote:All this whinging about not signing players is typical of your short attention span plastic fans.

We aint perfect, and we do need strengthening, but you have to support the team.

This squad, after all, won us the European Cup last year.

I have never seen such fans that will take such personal dislike to players of a club they purportedly support. I don't get it.

Listen mate i know youu are a mod but that comment is a joke.
Real fans are unhappy that positions we were told were the major targets for Rafa have not been filled.
Nobody said that they would stop supporting the club because of this.
But unless you have your head in the clouds LFC have f@cked up this pre-season.
Reina - could be a GREAT signing definately needed
Sissoko - At first didnt think we needed him, but he has really impressed- well done Rafa
Zenden - On a free, not first team imo, but as a squad player very useful...again well done Rafa
Crouch - again i was a little bit worried at first but in the short time i've seen him he has showed he has alot more to his game than i thought - looking forward to seeing him this season.
Happy with the players we brought in, but mystified on how we missed out on the positions that REALLY were in need of strengthening...the so called Priorities.
RM - None...we surely had the money...this is where all our balance goes, the shape of the team struggles and we dont score as many goals as we should. We know it Rafa knows it...why was nobody brought in.
Fans are entitled to be bothered...and if everyone wants to hide behind the fact that he won the Champions league with a worse squad well thats ignoring the fact that we had a chance to push on.
So far...Rafa has done a first class job, and i am still looking forward to the season with alot of optimism...but with 2 players it could of been a whole lot more.
Anyone who says otherwise is talking rubbish.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:17 pm

supersub wrote:I think we will give Spurs a good hiding

Yeah why not we're European Champions we'll hammer them  :buttrock
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion