THE OPTIMISM THREAD - things aint so bad afterall

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:34 pm

Some people's lack of intelligence on here is beyond belief. "We haven't signed him, get rid of the board and the manager." For crying out loud get a grip.  :no

Simao is the latest in a line of disapointing non-signings this summer. But I think we should all just relax and breathe for a minute or two. Yes it is frustrating that we havent signed any big players this summer. But i dont think its right to lay all the blame at the feet of Rafa and the board.

Last week Rafa said that as soon as we emerge as wanting to sign a player, that player has a price hike. This isnt our fault. Figo was all set to leave Real Madrid on a free. We pop into the equation and all of a sudden he has a £2m price tag on his bonce. Now Real were well within there rights to do that, after all he was under contract with them. But its not exactly sporting is it. Yes we could of paid it, but why should we when until we say we might want him hes free?

Gonzalez, we sign him and he is refused a work permit. Not the fault of LFC.

Owen, we tried to get him, but Real Madrid had an offer for twice as much as we were offering, and why should we pay twice as much for him as we got for him 12 months ago.

Simao, well we all know whats happened here. Last minute Benfica up the price. Again not exactly sporting is it.

SWP, I dont know if we ever did put a bid in for him. I know most of us on here wanted him tho. But as soon as Chavski offered £21m we all knew that there was no point. Hes just not worth that much.

I know there will be some that will say for gods sake just pay what the club are asking to get the player. But if we do it once then it will hapen all the time. And we dont want to get the reputation of the club that will pay any price for anyone. Thats Chavskis role.

I for one think we have been treated harshly this transfer window. By we, i mean LFC, not just the fans. At every turn it seems we have been cheated screwed and shafted up the wrong un one way or another.

I fail to subscribe to the theory that its all doom and gloom for us next season. We have one of the best managers in the world. Despite what some, well infact most, are saying. I dont think we will struggle for goals this season. Despite what some might say I think Cisse will get a hatfull this term. Whats his record so far? 5 in 7? Some may say "but its against micky mouse oposition" to which i reply. Well you can only beat whats in front of you. It dosent mean when he comes up against an arsenal or chavski he wont score. CSKA Moscow are the UEFA cup holders, and they dont give that away free with special packs of coco pops. Aside from Cisse we have Mori, sooner or later he just HAS to start scoring. He simply has to much ability not to. Plus we have Crouch, 6 month wonder some say. Maybe, but i will be surprised if he isnt in double figures at the end of the season. OR at the very least, close to it. Gerrard, well we all know he is going to be well into doube figures. Garcia will more than likely get a few, as will Alonso, hamman, riise, Sissoko. We have a squad of players that CAN score goals. Does it matter where they come from? as long as it hits the back of the net does it matter who scores them!

Even if all you doom mongerers are proved right and we do end up having a problem scoring goals. Look at our defence. Carra and Sami. 2 of the best in the business. Traore, VASTLY improved last season, and hopefully will get better again this year. Finnan, the almost forgotten one. Warnock, got his call up to the england squad, so cant be all that bad. Zak Whitbread, a real starlet. In front of them. Mr Consistent Hamman, and Alonso, plus Sissoko who seems to play just about anywhere.

Do we really have BIG problems in our squad?

Remember we are European Champions. The biggest and most prestigious title any club can win.
We still have the same manager and largely the same players that won us that title back in May.

Doom and gloom. A season of heartache and struggle ahead.
Not likley!!

WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS! :buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:36 pm

no doom and gloom from me...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:38 pm

stmichael wrote:Some people's lack of intelligence on here is beyond belief. "We haven't signed him, get rid of the board and the manager." For crying out loud get a grip.  :no

Simao is the latest in a line of disapointing non-signings this summer. But I think we should all just relax and breathe for a minute or two. Yes it is frustrating that we havent signed any big players this summer. But i dont think its right to lay all the blame at the feet of Rafa and the board.

Last week Rafa said that as soon as we emerge as wanting to sign a player, that player has a price hike. This isnt our fault. Figo was all set to leave Real Madrid on a free. We pop into the equation and all of a sudden he has a £2m price tag on his bonce. Now Real were well within there rights to do that, after all he was under contract with them. But its not exactly sporting is it. Yes we could of paid it, but why should we when until we say we might want him hes free?

Gonzalez, we sign him and he is refused a work permit. Not the fault of LFC.

Owen, we tried to get him, but Real Madrid had an offer for twice as much as we were offering, and why should we pay twice as much for him as we got for him 12 months ago.

Simao, well we all know whats happened here. Last minute Benfica up the price. Again not exactly sporting is it.

SWP, I dont know if we ever did put a bid in for him. I know most of us on here wanted him tho. But as soon as Chavski offered £21m we all knew that there was no point. Hes just not worth that much.

I know there will be some that will say for gods sake just pay what the club are asking to get the player. But if we do it once then it will hapen all the time. And we dont want to get the reputation of the club that will pay any price for anyone. Thats Chavskis role.

I for one think we have been treated harshly this transfer window. By we, i mean LFC, not just the fans. At every turn it seems we have been cheated screwed and shafted up the wrong un one way or another.

I fail to subscribe to the theory that its all doom and gloom for us next season. We have one of the best managers in the world. Despite what some, well infact most, are saying. I dont think we will struggle for goals this season. Despite what some might say I think Cisse will get a hatfull this term. Whats his record so far? 5 in 7? Some may say "but its against micky mouse oposition" to which i reply. Well you can only beat whats in front of you. It dosent mean when he comes up against an arsenal or chavski he wont score. CSKA Moscow are the UEFA cup holders, and they dont give that away free with special packs of coco pops. Aside from Cisse we have Mori, sooner or later he just HAS to start scoring. He simply has to much ability not to. Plus we have Crouch, 6 month wonder some say. Maybe, but i will be surprised if he isnt in double figures at the end of the season. OR at the very least, close to it. Gerrard, well we all know he is going to be well into doube figures. Garcia will more than likely get a few, as will Alonso, hamman, riise, Sissoko. We have a squad of players that CAN score goals. Does it matter where they come from? as long as it hits the back of the net does it matter who scores them!

Even if all you doom mongerers are proved right and we do end up having a problem scoring goals. Look at our defence. Carra and Sami. 2 of the best in the business. Traore, VASTLY improved last season, and hopefully will get better again this year. Finnan, the almost forgotten one. Warnock, got his call up to the england squad, so cant be all that bad. Zak Whitbread, a real starlet. In front of them. Mr Consistent Hamman, and Alonso, plus Sissoko who seems to play just about anywhere.

Do we really have BIG problems in our squad?

Remember we are European Champions. The biggest and most prestigious title any club can win.
We still have the same manager and largely the same players that won us that title back in May.

Doom and gloom. A season of heartache and struggle ahead.
Not likley!!

WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC. EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS! :buttrock

Admirable post unfortunately Intelligence should not be questioned but choices should be, Choices are what makes us human and i afraid the argument is now a no brainer.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm full of optimism :)

Alonso
Gerrard
Cisse
Crouch
Carra
Hypia
Finnan
Sissoko
Barragan
Crouch
Risse
Morientes

and Benitez..

Great season ahead
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:45 pm

i didnt know we had two crouches zara?  ???

god, they'd be like the petronas towers!!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bring_back_biscan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:46 pm

Pray Carragher doesn't get crocked.
bring_back_biscan

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:48 pm

.. how observant of you

are you an optimist.. or are ya slagging out grt Boss too   :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:49 pm

Being an eternal optimist is ace. Much more of a laugh than getting bogged down in facts, reality and sh#t like that.  :laugh: 

I'm pretty positive about things. Even more so after finding I'm not the only one.

There are lessons to be learned by the board and management at Anfield after the events of this summer, but it's been and gone now, no use crying over spilt milk. Time to move on, to look forward - to walk on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedRoots » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:49 pm

I admire all the folks trying to stay optomistic but lets just face it Rafa and Co. left it late therefore fuk1ng up, i'm so sad over the events of the past two days. :(
RedRoots

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:50 pm

amen to that, let's just get on with things. everybody knows we need another couple of players but in the meantime we'll just have to survive with the best midfield line-up in England, a Madrid legend and France's (2nd) best striker up front, and King Carra at the back with the rock that is Sami Hyypia

god we're in such a bad state aren't we?  ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 pm

zarababe wrote:.. how observant of you

are you an optimist.. or are ya slagging out grt Boss too   :angry:

================================

WOH! ..................joke?? ???

as for point 2. you KNOW my view of rafa. i just feel he's gonna get stick from all angles on this....unfairly i add.
Last edited by red37 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedRoots » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:52 pm

Do you rate Djibril over trezugeut Wooly?
RedRoots

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:57 pm

RedRoots wrote:I admire all the folks trying to stay optomistic but lets just face it Rafa and Co. left it late therefore fuk1ng up, i'm so sad over the events of the past two days. :(

Well too late!!. Moores/parry need a kick up the ar*se as well!!. :oops:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:57 pm

RedRoots wrote:Do you rate Djibril over trezugeut Wooly?

the honest answer is i don't know, i don't watch an awful lot of italian footy but it was just making a point that he's not exactly a bucket of sh!te is he?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:03 am

We win the champions league! we are kings of europe, where do we go from there?  the prem?, champions league? again.........
i think we are pretty guilty of wanting the best for LFC, always wanting to improve on last seasons results... after winning the CL it was always gonna contribute added pressure..........I for one really wanted to see a couple more 'star' players join LFC.......But, then i think, how far we have already come within 18 months!
Lets not get pressured, Rafa's there to build this team up and when he first came on board i was willing to give him 3 - 4 years to build a superb squad........
Many fans are getting carried away with it all especially during this transfer deadline.........let the doom and gloomers have their moment,...........as long as cometh match day - we get behind Rafa's Red Men!

:cool: keep it real  :buttrock

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion