Things that aint right! - Liverpool fc for sale!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:20 am

Lionheart wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
I can't see there being a "Goodison Stand" at the Liverpool home ground.

It would be made of wood if there was one   :D

...well it would need to be combustible wouldn't it?? Too hard to ignite metal!!!  :laugh:

Introducing Everton's new mascot... THE PAPER TIGER!!!

:D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:56 pm

The Red Baron wrote:  Local lads for our local team,sounds great but not practical
Would you rather have 11 local players and no success,or a mixture and attain our rightful place at the top.

Heard of Ajax, Spion? They live on their young talent and while it does pay dividends (the team that won the CL a few years back was one of the best teams to grace the competition IMO), on the whole success doesn't come consistently - more like every twenty years. That's not the Liverpool I want and having a situation where we do have 5,6,7 homegrown players is not something that I have to wait for - I want success for my club now.

The Red Baron wrote:We all should agree that Everton are the team most young Merseysiders flock to.Cant agree with you here lad.You have either been on the bottle,or litening to that peoples club sh!te to often.
Everton are still selling season tickets now.Just goes to show the people are not interested.

This is true - advertising on Radio City - and offering the Derby ticket FREE if you sign up before a certain date!

Sorry Spion, but IMO your original comments are way off the mark. Your outlook on the game seems antiquated - it simply doesn't work like that anymore. Cash is King and the more you can get in, the better you will do.

Every time I go the game I still feel very much a part of it, despite what my club is trying to sell me. It's business, pure and simple - the club is simply trying to 'cross sell' to it's base that is most likely to buy from it - it's existing fanbase.

:)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:36 am

People from all over the UK, the world even will have there bit of the new Liverpool & the populace around Stanley park will feel even more detached from the team most supported all there lives & there relatives lives.

Just because people worldwide are buying Liverpool souvenirs doesn't mean that you should feel detached from the club you love, in addition this presents the club vital funds.

Maybe it's time to realise that Liverpool FC is'nt in Liverpool anymore & we all should agree that Everton are the team most young Merseyites flock toward.

Isn't there any Everton specific websites for you Blue Nosed Sh1tes? ???
Jari's mullet

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion