Very frustrating - Things need to change

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:00 am

Dalglish wrote:
greenred wrote:Next Wednesday is our real D-day.Missing out on the next CL stage would be a right disaster for our season,we need to qualify badly.Arsenal are a step too far for a team without a striker.

Alas you are right Greenred but it's becoming a  little repetitive each season fretting over Qualification and progression in the CL  ???

yeah i know what you mean! we seem to be constantly struggling, but i still believe we will see some real improvement after christmas. Hopefully with a few new additions in january and all the players back fit we can start going places  :)
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:04 am

we were poor again, its all very well blaming the ref for not giving the handball (even though he said he saw it), but we still were not good enough to win the game, too many mistakes and i think on the night we did not put out the best team we had available.

this puzzles me so much, as supporters we can see the problems and have an idea how to address them, yet the manager seems to either not see the problems or just ignores them or deals with them incorrectly.why?

why do we have two recognised full backs playing on the wings in riise and finnan when there is kewell and warnock on the bench., in fact why is kewell even in the squad come to think of it, last night he looked overweight and slow.

josemi caught out again although he eventually bled for the team and gained 20 stitches for his troubles. why did everyone stand still after the handball instead of trying to block the shot, kirkland stood like a robot with his hand up.

at the moment things go against us with refereing decisions and it seems now that the players hope there is a refereeing mistake so they have someone else to blame.

i just want this sh*t sorted out before we fade into mid table obscurity like spurs. we are lucky to support the most succsesful club in british history, the older ones amonst us know what its like to win european cups and title after title, i just hope the younger supporters see this soon or like i say, we are very fast becoming just another ordinary club   :angry:
112-1077774096

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:14 am

peewee wrote:its all very well blaming the ref for not giving the handball (even though he said he saw it),

i cant believe the ref allowed that goal, it was blatant handball  :angry:  still no excuse though,we didnt really create anything of note and the squad being strecthed to its limits with all the injurys hopefully we will have 11 fit players by sunday
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:45 am

Just seen the match, the only one's who were playing for the pool were Carra and Traore. I was really impressed with Djimi last night he wasn't afraid to get stuck in at all, why was he subbed instead of Risse who was sh!t? Also Mellor needs to get his fat ar/se on a threadmill.
RedRoots

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:30 am

RedRoots wrote:Just seen the match, the only one's who were playing for the pool were Carra and Traore. I was really impressed with Djimi last night he wasn't afraid to get stuck in at all, why was he subbed instead of Risse who was sh!t? Also Mellor needs to get his fat ar/se on a threadmill.

a treadmill or a threadmill?

we have a few chunky players at the moment, buts no excuse, molby was like a barrel but was still world class every game. mickey quinn was even fatter but he still managed to perform.

does anyone know any other fat players    :D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby banana » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:51 am

We have no strikers. It's that easy. Do you thnik Mellor will score goals for us? Well, think again. He will not. If we can't score we can't win games. Right now we have the WORST STRIKERS IN PREMIER LEAGUE BY A WIIIIIDE MARGIN. Mellor and Pongolle would definately not play for any team in the premiership, they would most likely not get into teams in Nationwide league, they could MAYBE get on the teamsheet in DIVISION 2. Mellor is the worst striker I have seen getting 90 minutes of football for this club. And I have been watching LFC for about 30 years. Fact is Eric Meijer, Titi Camara, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Sean Dundee and other recent rejects would improve our team MASSIVELY right now. That is the status. We should not have to conceal the facts. Ok we have been unlucky. But injuries is a part of football. WE SHOULD NEVER START A SEASON WITH JUST 2 STRIKERS. We have only ourselves to blame. Conclusion: All points won in this situatiuon must be considered bonus points. This is the new Low. Thank god for Gerard Houllier wasting good money on Diao, Cheyrou, Diouf, Biscan, Vignal, Smicer, Ferri, Kippe, Sjolund, and the lot. These players CAN'T BE SOLD. ONLY SMALL TEAMS WILL WAN'T THEM. NO SMALL TEAM WILL PAY THEIR INSANE WAGES AND THEY WILL SIT OUT THEIR CONTRACTS BEFORE THEY LEAVE ON A BOSMAN. Why sign Diarra and loan him out 3 years? He is soon out of contract and has yet to set his foot on Anfield. Why buy two 17 year old frenchmen and wait for 6 years for them to mature, if they ever will. Why didn't we move for Hasselbaink and Kluiivert? There are a lot of un-answered questions. + Spending all our money on one striker is a huge gamble, it did not pay off. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Maybe Parry need a beginners course in accounting and finance. He can learn about diversification, insurance and risk. Anyway £ 14 million pounds gone. If we have to raise money we must put the likes of Baros, Gerrard, Alonso or Carra up for sale. That does not make any sense. We should not have to be in this position, but we are. Thank the FOOL for taking £ 10,7 million off our hands just like that.

Last nights game:

Kirkland 5

Josemi 5
Carragher 8
Hyypia 7
Traore 7

Riise 6
Finnan 7
Gerrard 4
Hamann 6
Biscan 5

Mellor 1
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:14 am

parchpea wrote:Was it our Diarra that scored against Man Utd tonight?  :glare:

haha no mate, the one we have is at Lens
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gazkell » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:12 am

after watching the match all i can say is that liverpool were very unlucky. as they have been through much of the season. thats the second match in a row that liverpool have suffered from poor decisions. they played no better or worse that monaco. but they take the points and we dont. simple as that. as for the injury list. well, i believe that only man u. or chelsea could still get decent results from that list. even arsenal would be in trouble. henry, bergkamp, reyes, pires, viera all injured? they have been struggling recently with all of them playing! if injuries are part of football then expect dissapointing results until your best 11 are back, and stop moaning about it. if we fail inthe champios league then so be it. even the media with discribed us as injury ravaged. and thats true. we all know of GHs errors. but i believe with a consistant starting 11, and time, we can compete.
gazkell

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:14 am

zarababe wrote:well we could soon  be called Casualty FC.. :(

Good job Ian Rush is at Chester now, otherwise he'd be playing up front on Sunday........ come to think of it.........

Ah well, I can dream.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:20 am

If someone had said to you "Liverpool played Monaco last night, away from home, without a striker on the pitch & 2 forced substitutions and they lost 1 nil to a handball goal that shouldn't of stood" you'd of said "Good result, could of been a lot worst"

we were pretty dull last night but it was only 1 nil and that was a handball goal - not bad really.

Enough negative talk, let's get behind the team for the Olympiacos game.

Upsets me when we have to talk like this after a game, Im a sensative chap you know, sob sob sob....
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:24 am

Lets get Vignal back hes playin great at rangers :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:00 am

ive always rated carra since he broke in to the liverpool team
1234ram

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:08 am

Really? why?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:09 pm

Jamie Carragher never lets us down
1234ram

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:22 pm

zarababe wrote:... Kirkland just kept kicking the ball long.. and giving it away.. not impressed by him.. looks quite ordinary..we were unlucky tonite.. and the injuries .. well we could soon  be called Casualty FC.. :(

yes i know this wrecks my head. we pass round for a few mins, go back to the keeper to keep posession as we may be under a bit of pressure (not much) and its hoofed up the pitch, giving it straight back to them. this has wound me up for years. we used to do it with Houllier. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? ???? ??????

its so easy just to pass it to your full back and retain the posession. the answer of "its too risky" is bollox becoz that means defenders would never be allowed to pass it round to each other. there's no reason why a team cant use the width of a whole half of a football pitch to make space when we play it back to the keeper. it especially angers me in European away games becoz you need as much posession as you can get.

This is also why RIISE f*ckin p*sses me off. EVERY TIME HE GETS THE BALL HE'S LOOKING FOR A 50 YARDER. AND EVERY TIME HE ATTEMPTS IT WE LOSE POSESSION.  AND HIS CROSSING IS LETTING US DOWN MORE AND MORE.
F*ckin division 1 football man.  GERRARD is also guilty of this at times, simple passes do, away from home where we just need to get a feel of the ball, and some momentum, and shut the home fans up. its so important you do your upmost to get as much posession as possible away from home.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion