Bye bye plastic fans - Switch the light off on the way out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1140560321 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 am

your all missing the point.....

1. I want LFc to be just as successful as all of you.

2. after an amazing Champions league Win, Rafa doesnt then go out and buy Europes best. instead buying Peter Crouch from Relagated Southampton, and some other "unknowns" and Reinstates a past-it Fowler. and now we cant score! a no-brainer really. AND PEOPLE ARE WONDERING WHY WE CANT SCORE! Its so simple!

3. Hence the reason we are 20 odd points off the summit of the league, and now dumped out of the CL surrendering our crown to one of the worst teams in the last 16.

4. And Rafa continues to play suspect players and in the wrong position. Ie; Kewell , Cise on the wing, Crouch and Morientes. Gerrard on the right wing? ???? ??????

thats thats why Im so annoyed. All our defensive work has gone t*ts up.

We should have signed Figo, and other top players, but it didnt come after the CL win. We bought second Rate.

the problems arent that major, but why is it not slapping Rafa right in the face that we cant score and someting needs to be done.?
I dont care who they are, if any LFC striker does not score at least a 1 in 2 ratio ,50%, then they should be booted, as they are not good enough. that should be a minimum reqirement. If I was Morientes or Crouch and was going home every week on my 30,40 or 50k a week and hadnt scored, id be thinking.." id better pull my socks up here or i'll be dropped! " but there seems to be a comfort zone in there.

I mean, do we want to win the league or not?

Chelsea have raised that bar, an we need to be able to adapt to that.

For example, if you are racing Versus a Rolls Royce, do you go out and buy a golf GTI ?

call me whatever you like......but please! my comments are right on the ball.

Its like the new stadium, if I was Rick parry, I would Forget finding the funding for the new stadium, lets find the right money to bring the worlds best players to Anfield.

Its not Rocket Sceince.
65-1140560321

Postby greenred » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:30 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:We should have signed Figo, and other top players, but it didnt come after the CL win. We bought second Rate.

Sorry,you just lost your arguement right there....Figo? On what planet was Figo a bigger signing than Morientes?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:31 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:your all missing the point.....

1. I want LFc to be just as successful as all of you.

2. after an amazing Champions league Win, Rafa doesnt then go out and buy Europes best. instead buying Peter Crouch from Relagated Southampton, and some other "unknowns" and Reinstates a past-it Fowler. and now we cant score! a no-brainer really. AND PEOPLE ARE WONDERING WHY WE CANT SCORE! Its so simple!

3. Hence the reason we are 20 odd points off the summit of the league, and now dumped out of the CL surrendering our crown to one of the worst teams in the last 16.

4. And Rafa continues to play suspect players and in the wrong position. Ie; Kewell , Cise on the wing, Crouch and Morientes. Gerrard on the right wing? ???? ??????

thats thats why Im so annoyed. All our defensive work has gone t*ts up.

We should have signed Figo, and other top players, but it didnt come after the CL win. We bought second Rate.

the problems arent that major, but why is it not slapping Rafa right in the face?
I dont care who they are, if any LFC striker does not score at least a 1 in 2 ratio ,50%, then they should be booted, as they are not good enough. that should be a minimum reqirement. If I was Morientes or Crouch and was going home every week on my 30,40 or 50k a week and hadnt scored, id be thinking.." id better pull my socks up here or i'll be dropped! " but there seems to be a comfort zone in there.

I mean, do we want to win the league or not?

Chelsea have raised that bar, an we need to be able to adapt to that.

For example, if you are racing Versus a Rolls Royce, do you go out and buy a golf GTI ?

call me whatever you like......but please! my comments are right on the ball.

Its like the new stadium, if I was Rick parry, I would Forget finding the funding for the new stadium, lets find the right money to bring the worlds best players to Anfield.

Its not Rocket Sceince.

It could be worse... we could be as bad as Everton
:p
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:34 am

greenred wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:We should have signed Figo, and other top players, but it didnt come after the CL win. We bought second Rate.

Sorry,you just lost your arguement right there....Figo? On what planet was Figo a bigger signing than Morientes?

world player of the year on at least one occasion!?

???
65-1140560321

Postby greenred » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:43 am

Alfonso Alonso 2006 wrote:
greenred wrote:

world player of the year on at least one occasion!?

???

So were Lothar Mathaus and George Weah.....should we sign them as well?Your on a wind up mate and your ruining a perfectly good thread.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:43 am

after an amazing Champions league Win, Rafa doesnt then go out and buy Europes best.

Probably because "Europe's Best" would be ludicrously expensive. Benitez would know fully well that prices would be bumped up for any player we bid for because we won the European Cup. Plus he knows that we weren't going to win the European Cup every year so he had to be careful with the budget. To be honest, other than the striker situation, I think we are quite solid. We are third in the Premiership despite having weak strikers. Buy some goalscorers and dump the dead weight and we would be even stronger. Our defence in the Premiership for example is very strong.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:52 am

Hi, tried to read every post, but there's just too many and gave up after page 4.

But back to what i wanna say....i have been supporting Liverpool from ever since i can remember. I live in London so i have no doubt that i probably glory hunted when i started supporting them, that and 7 of the closest people, some being some of the most influencial people in my life, were all supporting Liverpool from when i wasn't even a twinkle in my parent's eyes.....me being the youngest at 21 years of age.

As a Liverpool fan, when i was younger i tried to watch as many games as i could on t.v but couldn't, couldn't go to games either cos times were bit harder back then. But soon as we got sky, i could watch more, i can only clearly remember from the Roy Evans saga onwards.......
As a Liverpool fan now i suck cos i haven't even been to Anfield.....money (not big prob) + life commitments (bigger prob) make it harder but thats no excuse. i plan to make it a priority to go there one day soon(has to be :D )...but i still watch everygame i can on t.v, and go to the local pub for European and cup competitions only (kind of a stupid superstition thing)

Now these "plastic" fans could end up loving the club as much as i do, cos back then you could have called me one......but i never changed from Liverpool, partly due to fear of gettin my :censored: kicked but mostly cos even tho the mighty reds were becoming a shadow of their former selves, im not the sort of person to jump ships so quick...even back then....

Any new fan to the LFC club can only help it cos maybe they'll stick with them, the idiots who are just along for the ride and fucc off when things go wrong can suck a nut :cool:

im just replying to the 1st post really.....i had a glance at some idiot up there ^ with a poem? i dunno...but yeah main point is the plastic fans could turn into real ones....every one of them deserves a chance and no-one's opinion is wrong....btw im not taking subliminal shots at anyone here cos i really don't even know your names yet! :D

P.S i've never seen a Liverpool team as strong as this in my life so far....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby SammyS » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:00 am

Lando, we can try all we like, but "class" in terms of players, is something only money can buy

How much was Steven Gerrard? Owen?

Never give up on the good old youth system, even if it does take a few years for success.
SammyS

Postby ulswater » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:16 am

Hmm, plastic fans are important to a clubs income, if it wasn't for 'plastic fans' in this country and abroad buying shirts and merchandise there would be a serious hole in LFC's wallet. Im sure Rafa and the board would like as many 'plastic fans' as possible in the aim to keep them long term...it's called growth.  Look at the amount of money Man U. made through merchandising, a sh*t load, telling me that was just due to the folks living in Manchester buying all that stuff..no it was plastic fans the world over, now the vast majority of those 'plastic fans' become hardened fans and as loyal as a home based fan. 

So plastic fans..bring them on and welcome to LFC.

As a privious poster said.

That is, that this season is nothing more than a work in progress.

Spot on .
ulswater

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:18 am

The thing is, when supporting such a glorious and prestigous club as we do , you'll always tend to pick-up some glory hunting jokers.

What can ya do ?

Robbie Fowler, when did we sign him ? :D
66-1112520797

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion