Plastic treble - Worst thing ever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:18 pm

That "treble" joke was the worst thing ever. Who thinks beating divison one team Birmingham on penalties in a game when henchoz blatently gave away a penalty was great, in that competition that Arsenal and Manu didn't take seriously.

Who thinks we deserved to beat Arsenal in a game Veira dominated, Henry missed sitter after sitter and Henchoz again gave away a blatent penalty.

Who thinks getting an og in extra time against a spanish village team who scored 4 goals against us was a great achievement.

Most fans saw the trophies and thought it meant that we're back. Only look at the table, everything else is boll##ks. Houllier has had one good season a couple of years ago when we came second behind Arsenal.

Don't talk about trophies like they're all equal.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:36 pm

Who thinks Big Niall is a tit ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:41 pm

In as much as most other fans laugh when a Liverpool fan mentions the "treble" he's right. It was an achievement in its own right, but is there one fan among us who wouldn't swap the "treble" for one Premiership title?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:42 pm

Personally can i stand up for us in the FA cup... ok so Henchoz may have handballed :p  but Owen completely embarressed the Aresnal defence and we deserved the win in the end. The UEFA cup was a great game, one of the best i had seen in a long time. It was thrilling and we beat a good team and we both played good attacking football. Ok, the worthington cup i cant really complain about. But a cup is a cup.
Manure always say they dont car about what they are not in. This year they said that the FA cup was most important to them, only after they were kicked out of eveything else.
The year we won the treble was nothing compared to most clubs, but it WAS winning, and i enjoyed it. We still had to beat great teams to get there (now dont moan about the barca games we won in the most boring way ever,,,we STILL won!) so quit your bitching about the past and bitch about the present liek the rest of us :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:42 pm

i bet he wasn't saying that at the time. by his argument, who thinks arsenal going unbeaten is anything to shout about? there's only been 2 other teams in the league this season. the rest are sh#te.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:59 pm

Owzat wrote:In as much as most other fans laugh when a Liverpool fan mentions the "treble" he's right. It was an achievement in its own right, but is there one fan among us who wouldn't swap the "treble" for one Premiership title?

Owzat I've said it before but I'd happily swap the whole f##kin lot for one league title and I bet my a#se most 'Pool fans think the same in their heart of hearts
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:04 pm

yeah if we won the league i'd happily give up sex for a month! :D no seriously everyone knows the league is what we want.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:05 pm

id take the league over everything, but that treble we won was still good. Come on lads and ladettes, at the time u saying that u were all just miserable? I thought not!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:38 pm

Leonmc0708

Its sad to see somebody with so little intelligence that they cannot create a counter argument, read a book (about the treble if you want) it'll increase your vocabulary.

Of course I was happy for any trophy, I am just saying it is sad that people thought any of the trophies meant that Liverpool were back or at least on the way.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:45 pm

the treble season was a start. the following season we really did progress and i still feel we should have reached the champions league final. the start to 2002-2003 was also encouraging before we had the infamous period when we just couldn't win a game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:19 pm

The treble season was as enjoyable a season as many a year at Liverpool and the ways and means by which we achieved it are somewhat irrelevant. We outplayed Bimingham,were outplayed but NOT outscored by Arsenal and the UEFA final, well just a freakish game.

I was fortunate to be at all 3 finals and at the time it doesn't fel anything like a plastic treble when your celebrating winning a  trophy.

OPerhaps the mistakes that fans have made is to asume we w a orce once again in terms of the title and sadly that proved to be a false dawn. Houlliers Illness ,a  succession of poor buys underperforming and injuries to key players have all contributed to our present condition. Question is have we gone backwards or just been left behind ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:22 pm

We've gone slightly backwards whilst Arsenal and to a lesser extent Chelsea have left us behind. So a bit of both really
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:27 pm

Can't disagree with that Woolyback, a  fair assessment of the last 2 seasons. in 2001 and last season (Worthington Cuo) we proved we are as good a Cup side as any but the league is a whole different ball game.

Obviously i'm delighted about Saturday's result at Man U but as i explained to my mate when he was saying we would get 4th now and i disagreed, he asked why and i said cos the 4th spot iasn't about 1 result , its about 38 , I hope I'm proved wrong and we scrape in if only to attract players to the club and compete again ...>Walk On ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:30 pm

stmichael wrote:yeah if we won the league i'd happily give up sex for a month! :D no seriously everyone knows the league is what we want.

My mother would be gutted if you did St Mick :D  :D  :D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:37 pm

I don't think Houllier's sickness has anything to do with it, when he got sick the team got better results than ever with Thompson leading the way. I didn't think Thompson had the ability to do anything but shout but the results speak for themselves as we'd a great run in the league.

I don't care if Alan Ball is the new manager, I'd be exited at the possibilites of a new Liverpool and would happily give the new guy 3 years to challenge and 5 to win the league if we played football.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion