Reds face atletico ground switch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm

WOW , this comes has as a major surprise . "Great" timing by uefa , all the best to those who are traveling
Last edited by Toffeehater on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 pm

England is refusing to play a friendly with Spain in Madrid due to the same racist abuse issues when they played in 2004 (what makes it funnier is that they came out before the match with anti racism banners). Not really good enough even though many Spanish fans do not share that narrow minded opinion.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:11 pm

kazza wrote:England is refusing to play a friendly with Spain in Madrid due to the same racist abuse issues when they played in 2004 (what makes it funnier is that they came out before the match with anti racism banners). Not really good enough even though many Spanish fans do not share that narrow minded opinion.

It would be good for the anti-racism campaign if footballers of the nation concerned spoke out about it and condemned it. Last I heard only Rio and Heskey (?) complained about the abuse, it's not as if racists are likely to listen to their victims - although the UK government were talking about victims meeting with the offenders in this country. We've a few Spaniards in our team, I hope they don't take the easy option and keep quiet

NB : I could dig around to check for comments, I am basing the above on what I have seen, read or heard and so apologies if someone has said something I've suggested they haven't etc
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Not often i'd agree with Rio Ferdinand ,but Uefa should just Dock the club points , it'll soon stop . This what they've done is stupid . The security situation is going to be ten times worse . Instead of one set of fans travelling to the stadium and the security that brings . Now youir going to have two sets mixing and travelling together , nightmare scenario springs to mind.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm

The bad thing about Valencia are their cops. It's not the same for me to go as an away crowd to Valencia or to Santander. In Valencia they use the truncheons earlier. The worst are in Zaragoza, though.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Sabre wrote:The bad thing about Valencia are their cops. It's not the same for me to go as an away crowd to Valencia or to Santander. In Valencia they use the battoons earlier. The worst are in Zaragoza, though.

Was it Sevilla vs spudz in the UEFA Cup a few seasons ago where they did just that with little provocation, probably a spudz fan with a lazy eye "looked funny" at one of their policemen and in they went all guns blazing - well batons
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:29 pm

UEFA are doing the right thing by taking strong actions against the clubs that have these low life scumbags following them. But at the end of the day it's the Liverpool fans paying the price for Atleti's racist followers. :no
Radio City have just interviewed the William Gaylord numptie, in the bit I heard he was asked why can't the game be played in Madrid but just lock the home fans out and let the travelling kopites in. Gaylord's response was "erm, we don't have a law for that". ???

You just couldn't make it up, not in a month of Sundays!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:48 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:UEFA are doing the right thing by taking strong actions against the clubs that have these low life scumbags following them. But at the end of the day it's the Liverpool fans paying the price for Atleti's racist followers. :no
Radio City have just interviewed the William Gaylord numptie, in the bit I heard he was asked why can't the game be played in Madrid but just lock the home fans out and let the travelling kopites in. Gaylord's response was "erm, we don't have a law for that". ???

You just couldn't make it up, not in a month of Sundays!!

The funny thing is that this time there weren't racist chants. I don't like the nazis that are behind their goal because they normally are racist, I hate them. But in that game I couldn't hear anything racist (in tv anyway).

I think it all started with the Kun, Kun, Kun shout to support Agüero, and the Marseille fans answered back thinking it was a racist insult and then there was the Spanish police intervention.

Funny, they are punnished when they behave well.

Reina and Torres are upset because they both had game tickets promised and bookings done.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:13 pm

While I sympathize with all the travel headaches this is going to cause, I feel bad for Torres even more.  In an interview I read he said that a dream of his was to play against his old club at their ground (This was before the draw).  To make these changes so late is a bit shortsighted.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby MLPD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:51 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:UEFA are doing the right thing by taking strong actions against the clubs that have these low life scumbags following them. But at the end of the day it's the Liverpool fans paying the price for Atleti's racist followers. :

how about us, non-racist Atletico supporters??
MLPD

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 pm

MLPD wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:UEFA are doing the right thing by taking strong actions against the clubs that have these low life scumbags following them. But at the end of the day it's the Liverpool fans paying the price for Atleti's racist followers. :

well you'll have to answer for your own kind (as in AM supporters)...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 pm

MLPD wrote:

Keep that way, and point out with the finger the racists even more.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:01 pm

ah, Sabre, you surely know that is not so easy ...
MLPD

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Because they're violent. Yeh I know. That's where the club and the authorities have to be harder with those groups.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Cerezo the Atletico chairman is confident that the game will be held in the Calderon and the punnishment will be applied after that.

Liverpool's official response and Atletico's resort to the decission might delay the punnishment.

UEFA has to rectify because the Liverpool fans haven't to pay others' errors. At least the punnishment should be delayed.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion