Reds face atletico ground switch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:09 pm

The Good Yank wrote:While I sympathize with all the travel headaches this is going to cause, I feel bad for Torres even more.  In an interview I read he said that a dream of his was to play against his old club at their ground (This was before the draw).  To make these changes so late is a bit shortsighted.

Totaly wrong mate its us who are gonna suffer not the players ok i love Fernando just as much as any fan but weve saved our hard earned cash for this and were being shafted once again, while i am sorry Torres wont be going back to madrid to play im more gutted for me to be honest ive spent money an if they switch it looks like im gonna loose that mate .

It makes me sick UAFA trying to protect the Liverpool fan in 2005 they were saying we were the worst fans in football this :censored: stinks to high heavan as far as im concerned.

Lets see if they are quick to change the date for us to play in the quaRter finals if we make it ey 15TH April no :censored: chance i.

SORRY FOR MY RANT BUT IM FUMING HERE
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 pm

I HATE UEFA on par with the yanks, Am still waiting for a refund off them after the Athens FOOK UP. won,t get that money back.Why did,nt UEFA just dock pts off Athletico?? They don,t live on this planet. Sometimes i wish we never had european football because they want to ban us anyway Is platini a bluenose? the twots as bitter as them. Blame us or make life difficult as possible for LFC is UEFA,s agenda. surprised Andy Grey ain,t been offered a job
rafa09

Postby Perseo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:19 pm

journal  sport  spanish  marca 

11 hours night   news

new video on the supoters of marsella  atack the  spanish police and the vandal acts 1 hours preview macht.

this video is 1 hour preview macht  of suporters of marsella
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=7WntQ7_lA70

the other video is for the uefa  comite for recurring to close  the  calderon  stadium

the cantics the suporters of atletic is kun  kun for the player of atletic  kun aguero   for sure  atletico  liverpool in madrid
Perseo

Postby Perseo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:25 pm

video of atack suporters of marsella

principal page of sport spanish paper digital

http://www.marca.com/
Perseo

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Bit of an email ive just got from Madrid although its from Real not Athletico sorry i cant post the whole thing but its personal.

(that the Atletico is still thinking to play in the Vicente Calderon in Madrid.

Let see... Don't worry. I'll keep you updated.)
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 pm

Atletico - We will host Reds
Cerezo insists Reds tie will go ahead as planned
Last updated: 15th October 2008

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo is confident next week's UEFA Champions League match with Liverpool will go ahead at the Vicente Calderon, despite the stadium ban imposed by Uefa.

The Spanish side were issued a three-match stadium ban, along with a fine of around £120,000, for incidents during their Champions League home clash with Marseille at the beginning of this month.

Those incidents included outbreaks of violence between Marseille fans and Spanish police after the latter removed a banner that featured a prohibited symbol, as well as accusations from Marseille officials and players that they had been racially abused by the Atletico fans.

Uefa have ruled Atletico's next two Champions League home matches - with a third suspended - cannot be played within 200 miles of Madrid.

The news has provoked outrage from Atletico and Liverpool officials with the game due to be played next Wednesday.

However, Cerezo is optimistic the game will not have to be moved and the tie will go ahead in Madrid after appealing Uefa's decision.

Appeal
"The Atleti-Liverpool game will be played at the Vicente Calderon," Cerezo told Marca.

"We will appeal. I have faith that Uefa will do the right thing. I hope they will listen to both sides evenly."

Meanwhile, Atletico have received support from local rivals Real Madrid over the stadium ban.

Real president Ramon Calderon believes Atletico are being unfairly punished for the behaviour of Marseille fans.

"It seems unfair to me. The police do not report to Atletico Madrid. Those that caused the problems were the Marseille fans," Calderon told Marca.

Real full-back Michel Salgado added: "You can't punish an entire fan base for the racist behaviour of a few people in the crowd.

"I think they've been too drastic in their decision. There's racism in every stadium due to a minority of the crowd. It has nothing to do with sport. This punishment sets a precedent.

"We'll have to wait to see what Uefa does whenever this happens again; if every stadium has to be shut down because of this, many games will be played behind closed doors."

Release
Marseille have voiced their approval for the sanctions imposed on Atletico by Uefa.

"Above all the decision is a release," said Marseille chairman Pape Diouf.

"It confirms what happened in the Vicente Calderon is inadmissible and unacceptable, both considering the organisation and racist behaviour we were victims of.

"Once again those sanctions show nothing happened normally on that day."

Coach Eric Gerets echoed his supremo's words: "It is fantastic news. It is a shame to be forced to give such harsh sanctions, but racism can't be present in a football stadium."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:07 pm

apparently the match will finally be played at the Calderón
good for all of us, right?
see you all there, for any information you know where to reach me
MLPD

Postby destro » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:40 pm

If thats what they have decided then it is a good idea, play the game there to avoid any travelling fans having to pay extra, then........ban the racist idiots from their own ground for the remaining Champions League matches.

Personally speaking, if it was down to me I would throw them out of the competition now and let the remaining three teams play without them. :angry:
destro

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 pm

MLPD wrote:apparently the match will finally be played at the Calderón
good for all of us, right?
see you all there, for any information you know where to reach me

Selfishly, the main reason to want Liverpool in Calderon was for Torres.

I still am happy for Atletico, because this time there wasn't racism involved, but French fúckwittery.

But I'm gutted Torres misses the game :(

The delay of the punnishment will be official tomorrow, but it's for sure. The UEFA cúnts say that one of the most important reasons was the opposition of LFC to play somewhere else.

The cúnts wouldn't ask LFC first, no  :no
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 pm

I don't know wheather it has been mentioned on this but Athletico have a few black players playing for them non least Sinama Pongolle so how would they feel playing for the team.

Hopefully UEFA might just reverse their decision
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Made up here ill be visiting the Plaza Mayor Again

they do nice pizza in the right hand far corner restaurant if any ones going and theve got some great shops off the gran via.

Theres a square just before you get to plaza mayor heavily monitord by police and theres loads of pick pockets there so anyone who goes there be careful. Thats were alot of fans meet before its just by the metro

I cant wait
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 am

NANNY RED wrote:Made up here ill be visiting the Plaza Mayor Again

they do nice pizza in the right hand far corner restaurant if any ones going and theve got some great shops off the gran via.

Theres a square just before you get to plaza mayor heavily monitord by police and theres loads of pick pockets there so anyone who goes there be careful. Thats were alot of fans meet before its just by the metro

I cant wait

Well Nan, I did originally say I had sympathy for those heading to the match, and given some light over what's happened in the past 24hrs, well, I'll say, Now I feel doubly bad for Torres and just wish you a great trip.

That was "Yank" for "Have a great time".
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Match is now being played at the Vincente Calderon after all.

No worries for the fans going over there.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4344822,00.html
Last edited by Effes on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MLPD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm

roberto green wrote:I don't know wheather it has been mentioned on this but Athletico have a few black players playing for them non least Sinama Pongolle so how would they feel playing for the team.

Hopefully UEFA might just reverse their decision

I would say not all Atletico fans are what your post suggests, but it is perhaps too obvious
MLPD

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:43 pm

Feck me, common sense finally prevails!!

UEFA's approach to this situation has clearly back fired on them big time and it's made a complete mockery of their attempt to stamp out racism.

Reading the article on SSN website that EFFES linked to the following really got me fuming:-

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard added on Sky Sports News: "We were concerned that if the game was moved it would have created tremendous problems for Liverpool fans.

No fucking shit Sherlock!!! It's laughable that Gaylord makes out that UEFA were genuinely concerned about our fans. ??? More like they've realised that they can't realistically organise another venue in time, or more likely they're shit scared of chaos on a massive scale at the new venue and be held culpable for it.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion