Plastic treble - Worst thing ever

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Coley » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:38 pm

yeah that infamous game at Middlesborough with Owen on his own up front appears to have been the starting point of our real downward decline, but, even when we thought we were doing well i think most of us knew that we had bags of luck along the way.  We also played some really defensive football the season we won the treble (and the following season) the likes no one in the premiership had seen before, but i don't think any of us thought that it would ever win us the premiership one day.  It was only a matter of time before sides figured us out for what we were/are, which is a very one dimensional team and boring to watch.  Funnilly enough i had a ManUre fan taking the p#ss sending me an e-mail about our 'mickey mouse' treble.  I fought our corner with the usual stuff about 4 European cups etc, but they are right, we can't keep harping on about it.  I game him (the ManUre fan) some s##t this morning though.  We might be s##t, but we can still upset the scum!!!
Coley

Postby Coley » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:41 pm

Coley wrote:I game him (the ManUre fan) some s##t this morning though.  We might be s##t, but we can still upset the scum!!!

sorry, that's 'gave' him some s##t.
Coley

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:42 pm

Big Niall wrote:Leonmc0708

Its sad to see somebody with so little intelligence that they cannot create a counter argument, read a book (about the treble if you want) it'll increase your vocabulary.

Of course I was happy for any trophy, I am just saying it is sad that people thought any of the trophies meant that Liverpool were back or at least on the way.

Niall, you loser, I am from Liverpool and therefore find it difficult to read books. In school we took more practical lessons like stealing hub caps, perm growing and shell suit wearing.

I thought that your post was such a pathetic way to summarise what was the best year in living memory for supporters of this club, most of whom on this forum are reallly too young to remember our last league title with any real detail. Oldredeyes excluded of course.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:12 pm

Leonmc

Point taken - apologies to younger guys who were genuinely excited at winning those trophies.

I guess I was spoilt as I remeber the 1984 Roma game and the excitement of Grobs doing his antics in goals and every kid copying him and a few years later kids fighting over who was Barnes, Rush, Beardsley, Aldo etc when playing on the road.

Its just sad/annoying and f##king depressing to see the club on the slide for so long and I honestly fear we could end up like Spurs and talk of a glorious past and celebrate the odd victory over superior teams or the odd win of a second rate cup.

I feel like Liverpool FC has kicked me in the nuts every week for the last 14 years but I am still hanging in the hope that we discover the old magic again.

Gotta go, beginning to cry all over the keyboard.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:11 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Who thinks Big Niall is a tit ?

Me and Leon finaly on the same wave length lol!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion