Expectations from the start of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:Well Gonzalez is a left winger and if Kewell continues to play like he has then he won't break into the squad very easily.

As Luke said, Stu your post is contradictin.

Gonzales is another Nunez but you haven't seen him play.
Anderson is a prospect but you haven't seen him play.

I've seen video clips of both and liked what i saw of Anderson and not Gonzalez.

I attend matches though A.B. thats how i judge players. From what i've seen of them both on T.V. clips i prefere Anderson but its impossible to judge a players true ability without seeing them live.

I don't understand the fascination people have of video clips compilations of players. Anyone can take the best moments a footballer has had and put it all together, i.e. Cisse. There many who saw compilations of Cisse when he signed for us and automaticaly said that he would turn out to be a great signing.........
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:45 pm

I think that we should keep Cisse. I mean he broke his leg, it will take time, if he gets his chance I'm confident he will produce the goods, he is better than Crouch!
Graeme Noble

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:49 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:I think that we should keep Cisse. I mean he broke his leg, it will take time, if he gets his chance I'm confident he will produce the goods, he is better than Crouch!

I'm quite tired of the execuses people have been making up for Cisse. Yes he broke his leg and came back with great determination to make an impact. He hasn't produced the quality a 14 million pound player should.

He's made 35 appearances this season, and there has not been one game in where he's produced a quality performance. Crouch is more effective on the pitch, he's why we've been a better team this year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:54 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:I think that we should keep Cisse. I mean he broke his leg, it will take time, if he gets his chance I'm confident he will produce the goods, he is better than Crouch!

How old are you?
115-1073096938

Postby redmikey » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:14 pm

What are you talkin about? have been watching the team this year?

cissie has come back and done nothing to impress.

We all wanted to be blown away but it just hasn't happened rafa knows it but you can't see it?

I wonder sometimes what some people watch  :help
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:16 am

stu_the_red wrote:

How old are you?

8 and a half!!
66-1120597113

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 am

stu_the_red wrote:What were they?

Personally i expected a top four finish a good cup run but still inconsistency running throughout the team.

I was anticipating a battle for a top four spot, improved consistency in the league and to get through as far as we have in the Champions League. Honestly a CL run is lottery territory, you should get to the knockout stage as a top side and of course we know which team(s) didn't

I was hoping for a cup win or a good cup run, realistically we can't expect to compete with Chel$$$$$$$$$$ea for the league.

And just in case anyone thinks I'm just saying this to make it look like I saw it all coming, I certainly wasn't expecting 10 wins in a row and us to be fighting for second. I didn't expect Arsenal to be faring as badly as they are either, I think I had them down to finish second again
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion