Season so far - Expectations for the rest.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:38 am

Nigel Marthyn is injured for 4 weeks. watch them roll down.  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:10 pm

LFC #1 wrote:CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Some encouraging performances in the first group stage agiant Monaco and Olympiakos at Anfield and a gutsy 1-0 win against Deportivo in Spain have shown that we are capable of winning in this competiton agiant good quality sides, and with a favourable draw againts Leverkusen we are in position to equal or perhaps eclipse our performance of 2002 in the CL.

Man, and if I'm fair, I think most of us would have thought that Scott was being optimisitic when he wrote this!  :wwww
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:20 am

Interesting to re-read that, I actually mentioned Istanbul in there as a bit of a joke really, never did I really expect us to win the whole thing, but always thought we could.

Had you told me when i wrote this post , that we would have beaten Juve, Chelsea and Milan after being 3-0 down at HT I would've thought, and I am sure many other would've thought you were nuts.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:32 pm

Although they say its "just" the Carling Cup, it still means silverware. Man U didn't win a single piece.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:09 pm

Winning a carling cup is not a direction I'd want to be going in. We need to build towards a title winning campaign and if we finish fourth or lower then where will be the signs of progress? A cup here or there never hid the fact that Houllier was not going to win the Premiership and he finished everywhere but top
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion