Expectations for the upcoming season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:31 pm

dundreamin wrote:zonal marking is s.*i*e. How do you mark space??? And yes RED ROY Whats wrong with that? He,s our MANAGER now so back the man,give him a chance or if not. FOOK OFF

If zonal marking is so how come for nearly 4 seasons we had one of the best defensive records in the prem using zonal marking. As for Red Roy - that is a gay nickname . As for backing managers - I always support whoever the Liverpool manager is but I'm certainly going to laugh at him being called Red Roy and certainly not going to be hailing him anything or praising him until he does something worthy of praise
Benny The Noon

Postby Liverpool442 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Expectations ? Easy top four finish which is the very least that was expected of Benitez.
Hodgeson will be working with the same players under the same conditions, worst case situation that one or two stars want to leave then he should have sufficient funds to replace them.
Liverpool442

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Why the fook is RED ROY gay?  And yes zonal marking was so successfull in the prem thats why we won it then.
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Defending is only one part of a successful team - if you know anything about our previous seasons you should know it wasn't because of poor defending it was because of our inability to break down tight defences and to turn draws into wins against he smaller teams that parked the bus against us - zonal marking has been proven to work - our defence was one of the top defences in 4 seasons .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Ps dundreamin both the recent winners if the prem have used zonal marking - the current European champions use zonal marking - where as England durin the world cup used man marking at set pieces
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby Liverpool442 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I honestly dont think the issue is zonal marking as pointed out by Benny the Noon lots of clubs employ it to great sucess its just for me Rafa's version was to ridged. It relied on having our whole team in our box which:
1) caused utter confusion with our own players getting in each other way and made it a lottery
2) Stopped us leaving players on the halfway line to force teams to keep players back and create more room in our box to make defending easier whilst also allowing us a threat on the break.
Liverpool442

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Sorry but thats exactly what i meant. I should of said they way rafa used it. But had a long day and posting on mobile.but whats wrong with RED ROY then?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:41 pm

dundreamin wrote:Sorry but thats exactly what i meant. I should of said they way rafa used it. But had a long day and posting on mobile.but whats wrong with RED ROY then?

Yes damn that Rafa guy for making liverpools defence one of the best in the league 4 seasons in a row.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Hhmm anyone know why Kenny Dalglish is in ISTANBUL ???
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 am

he.s in the attaurk watching the one night in istanbul DVD!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:26 am

God thats dead funny that, side splitting in fact :laugh: .

im gonna go to bed now and think why is Kenny in Istanbul on Bussiness , maybe just maybe a nice little swap with Babel and Arda.. throw in a pkt of cheese an onion and a topic and it could be a goer , thats my dream for the night sorted anyway,

Nah i wonder what he is doing there on buissness though.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion