Expectations for 2012/13 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:56 pm

The aim should be top 4.

My expectations are top 4, however I understand that new manager, new philosophies, new players, etc make affect our ability to achieve this.

As long as we play with ambition and belief I will be happy.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm

No expectations what so ever, we have been terrible for 3 years and we have an average set of players so im not going into the new season expecting much, if the new manager can get us playing good footy and finally balance the team and at least into the top 6 in the premier league then that would be a start.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm

No expectations for his first season
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm wrote:
mart » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm wrote:I hope for some improvement on our league form, but I dont have any expectations atm. Hopefully we manage to get a couple of players that makes me more excited for the next season but as it stands we will find it hard to break back into the top 4 considering how for instance chelsea are strengthening their team.

Chelsea have lost Drogba
That will weaken them considerably
:nod

But they will have gained Hazard, Hulk and Marin. If anything they will be stronger mate.

My expectations for the next season are not those that will be met by finishing in a particular position. Sure 4th will be the target but I just want to see us playing a better brand of football. Small steps and let's take it from there. A good run in the Europa league too would be nice.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm

ethanr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 pm wrote:If we get a couple decent signings and Rogers' philosophy start working relatively well, then we should be able to get back into the top 4 with man u, city and chelsea.  Chelsea look like they could be fighting for the title with the other 2 next year, so we'll see.

I imagine we'll push into at least the quarters of 2 cups if not all 3, and maybe the final of 1, 2 if we get some good draws.

What about Arsenal and Spurs who were both in the top 4 this season ?

To go from 8th to 4th in one season is a massive task !?!

I don't think anyone should expect 4th
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 pm wrote:If we get a couple decent signings and Rogers' philosophy start working relatively well, then we should be able to get back into the top 4 with man u, city and chelsea.  Chelsea look like they could be fighting for the title with the other 2 next year, so we'll see.

I imagine we'll push into at least the quarters of 2 cups if not all 3, and maybe the final of 1, 2 if we get some good draws.

I do
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 pm wrote:

I do

RVP managed to not get hurt the entire season for the first time in years, so he will get hurt next season.  He's probably leaving Arsenal as well, and we know they won't get 4th unless they get some crazy signings, which they won't, because they don't spend money.  Spurs fell apart at the end of the season, and with their aging squad I'm just not that worried about them.  Modric will leave, Bale may as well, and those are their 2 best players by far. They may not get to keep Adeybayor and VDV is starting to get injured a lot more often.

No reason we can't finish in the top 4.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:13 am

tubby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm wrote:
mart » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm wrote:I hope for some improvement on our league form, but I dont have any expectations atm. Hopefully we manage to get a couple of players that makes me more excited for the next season but as it stands we will find it hard to break back into the top 4 considering how for instance chelsea are strengthening their team.

Chelsea have lost Drogba
That will weaken them considerably

But they will have gained Hazard, Hulk and Marin. If anything they will be stronger mate.

My expectations for the next season are not those that will be met by finishing in a particular position. Sure 4th will be the target but I just want to see us playing a better brand of football. Small steps and let's take it from there. A good run in the Europa league too would be nice.

The new players will take time to settle in, plus the will hae to change their style of play
We can finish above them
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 am

Rodgers is a "realist" and so am I. Challenge for top 6 - couple of decent cup runs and generally more ruthless in front of goal.

That's it, from me.

Expecting top 4 is f.ucking ridiculous.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby god 2012 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 am

Bit early for this. Topic
god 2012
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:26 am

no expectations...although improvements in our ability to pass and move would be nice...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 am

As long as we don't finish below his old club Swansea, that's good enough.
alwayslfc

Postby killerp » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:58 am

Expectations for 2012/13?

Not much better than the last season, I don't expect Rogers to walk in and say 'Play Real football!" and our squad will start playing like Barcelona. That's going to be a painful journey for some.

Once Rogers has a team that he actually builds up with his own ideas then the expectations will increase.
killerp

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 am

I have no expectations, the last 3 seasons have led me not to dream.

I will be happy if we achieve the following:

1. Clear out all the passengers and time wasters.
2. Bring in 2 astute buys who will make significant contributions to B-Rod's transformation of our playing style.
3. We stop losing to small clubs at the bottom of the table.
4. We play consistant football week in, week out.
5. We get a definitive decision on the new stadium and then get on with it.

Thats a big wish list, but in terms of where we'll come in the league, I have no expectations.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 am

Top 6 finish
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion