Expectations for 2012/13 season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:38 pm

WE dont have a bad squad as i have said 100000000000000000000000s of times we do have the best back 5 without any shadow of doubt.

Suarez is amazing can run games and embarass oppositions. Carroll will have confidence and hopefully show why we bought him. I believe we will make 2 signings and those signings will make us challenge. I feel Gerrard will play very deep next to lucas and a wide player will come in

I cant see why we wouldnt finish top 4. Arsenal will lose RVP. Spurs look like they will lose Modric the only problem is Chelsea look to have strengthend with out loss

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm wrote:WE dont have a bad squad as i have said 100000000000000000000000s of times we do have the best back 5 without any shadow of doubt.

Suarez is amazing can run games and embarass oppositions. Carroll will have confidence and hopefully show why we bought him. I believe we will make 2 signings and those signings will make us challenge. I feel Gerrard will play very deep next to lucas and a wide player will come in

I cant see why we wouldnt finish top 4. Arsenal will lose RVP. Spurs look like they will lose Modric the only problem is Chelsea look to have strengthend with out loss

Chelsea have lost Drogba and I am not convinced by DeMatteo, he won't get away with that style of play next season
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 pm

As far as iam concerned last season in the prem we hit rock bottom especially with our home form so on that basis the only way is UP but how far from 8th I do not know. If brendon can deliver then top 4 why not?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby ste1977 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:41 pm

anything is possible with Rogers depending on how quickly players can adapt to his methods and obviously how we doing this transfer window but I expect to get in the top four will also be realistic to know it may not happen.
ste1977
LFC Basic Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 am

RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm wrote:WE dont have a bad squad as i have said 100000000000000000000000s of times we do have the best back 5 without any shadow of doubt.

By my calculations, it would take 6,341,958,356,164 millennia to say that 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000s of times, continuously without a break.

Hey, this is the first free Saturday morning I've had for months...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 pm

some of our signings from last year will step up to the plate this year imo, carroll in particular looks a different player to the one that started last season.
he`s starting to chip in with goals in big games on the quiet as well, at the tail end of the season he scored in that barnstormer against blackburn, then scored against everton in the f.a cup semi, scores against chelsea in the f.a cup final and then scores for england in another high pressure encounter in his only start at the euro`s.
i`m not saying he`s going to rip up the scoring record books or anything like that next season but i do think he`ll weigh in with 12-15 goals and probably a similar number of assists.
the thing about him is that when he`s on his game there`s not much the opposition can do, as centre halves go terry and ivanovic are two real bruisers but they got their @rses handed to them by carroll at anfield last season a bit like the way carroll ripped skrtel and soto to shreds up at st james park.
luis ended the season with just under 20 goals which is a fantastic return considering he missed 9 games and probably had the weight of the world on his shoulders for half the season, i think he`ll score about 25 this year if not a few more, i dont think we can be as unlucky in front of goal 2 seasons running.
we`ve got a very good `back 5` and with lucas coming back, gerrard finding a bit of form, sterling starting to break through and of course luis and carroll up front i think we may surprise a few people next year. we werent that bad last season, the results were awful but the performances generally werent, we beat the european champions home and away so we are not that bad a side, we just had one of those seasons where everything seemed to go wrong (the suarez thing, hitting the woodwork 30 odd times, missing pens, reina having his worst season since he`s been here etc)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:49 pm wrote:some of our signings from last year will step up to the plate this year imo, carroll in particular looks a different player to the one that started last season.
he`s starting to chip in with goals in big games on the quiet as well, at the tail end of the season he scored in that barnstormer against blackburn, then scored against everton in the f.a cup semi, scores against chelsea in the f.a cup final and then scores for england in another high pressure encounter in his only start at the euro`s.
i`m not saying he`s going to rip up the scoring record books or anything like that next season but i do think he`ll weigh in with 12-15 goals and probably a similar number of assists.
the thing about him is that when he`s on his game there`s not much the opposition can do, as centre halves go terry and ivanovic are two real bruisers but they got their @rses handed to them by carroll at anfield last season a bit like the way carroll ripped skrtel and soto to shreds up at st james park.
luis ended the season with just under 20 goals which is a fantastic return considering he missed 9 games and probably had the weight of the world on his shoulders for half the season, i think he`ll score about 25 this year if not a few more, i dont think we can be as unlucky in front of goal 2 seasons running.
we`ve got a very good `back 5` and with lucas coming back, gerrard finding a bit of form, sterling starting to break through and of course luis and carroll up front i think we may surprise a few people next year. we werent that bad last season, the results were awful but the performances generally werent, we beat the european champions home and away so we are not that bad a side, we just had one of those seasons where everything seemed to go wrong (the suarez thing, hitting the woodwork 30 odd times, missing pens, reina having his worst season since he`s been here etc)

Good post mate.

Nice and positive and i agree with you.
Where we came in the league last season was a false position. There's two reasons i think this.
1) We dominated most of the matches were we dropped points missing so many chances and that cant happen two seasons in a row.
2) After the unlucky Arsenal defeat at anfield i think it was quite clear where our priorities lay, the FA cup. The home defeats to West Brom, Wigan and Fulham were when we had wrote the league off i think.

Like you have said Carroll looks a different player and i also expect him to get about 15 goals next season.
Downing will improve as well i am certain of that, he needs to be more positive but hopefully being his second season he will be more settled.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm not sure about calling last season's league finish a false position because the rules are what they are, and you don't get awarded for hitting the post or doiminating possession, but I get the point you're trying to make. You can obviously do really well in most aspects of the game but if you're no good at sticking the ball in the net, you won't pick up the points and you'll end up lower down the table. So, we may not be as far away from being a top side as that position suggested, which I agree with. Everton and Fulham who finsihed above and below us didn't manage to challenge for the top four until January like we did, and neither did they manage to get to two cup finals, so it's clear that we're better than they are despite where we finished.

I'm not convinced we are as good as Arsenal or Spurs at this present moment, but with a few shrewd additions I think there's every reason to expect we could be.
LFC2007

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm

I just think everyone of those players who contributed( albeit from the cup competitions ) to our woeful campaign,will need to raise their game significantly
under Rodgers ...It is this in my opinion that will make us akin to wounded animals ,and why we will possess  the potential to surprise .

"'I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent's life "

If that sound bite isn't a rallying cry , I don't know what is .... :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:54 pm

from 3.00 minutes on in this clip look at andy training with the england team, deffo improving all the time.

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:43 pm

How does clips from a training session and some bloke shouting “Well done Andy Carroll” display that he is improving. By all means give a reasoned argument about his improvement towards the end of the season but that video means nothing at all.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Eagle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:43 pm wrote:How does clips from a training session and some bloke shouting “Well done Andy Carroll” display that he is improving. By all means give a reasoned argument about his improvement towards the end of the season but that video means nothing at all.

open your eyes and watch the clip lad, he`s doing step overs and going past people like a winger in a training session for the national team, it`s obvious he`s gaining in confidence and he looks a different player to the lumbering giant that first arrived.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion