Instant solution to all our problems - Sports tycoon touches base with anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:23 am

true AB, but by in no way should it be anybody like Abramovich, Liverpool don't want to be involced with guys like him as proven by the rejection of Thaksin Sinawatra.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:26 am

LFC #1 wrote:if Liverpool goes down the same path does Chelsea down we have sold our soul and thats the day the club dies.

I would rather see us succeed thru hard work than some shady ****** bankrolling the team and then ****** off at the drop of a hat.

no body seemed to care when i was saying that
but thx LFC
without the hard work, we will just turn into another 
"Galactico", and i hope to god as a true supporter AB that you dont want that.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:28 am

I am not saying that we should have a mobster as an owner of our club but we need somebody who obiviously has the funds, Mr.Kraft is one of them but he's no mobster who got rich overnight.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:28 am

I am not against the idea of a new investor into the club, cos we need the funds plain and simple, we just need to be very careful who we choose to do business with.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:31 am

LFC #1 wrote:I am not against the idea of a new investor into the club, cos we need the funds plain and simple, we just need to be very careful who we choose to do business with.

we seem to be jumping at anyone that thinks about taking liverpool over and begging to come,maybe we should be the ones doing the picking.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:24 pm

Ok first things first ,i appologise if i upset anyone in my post earlier in this thread i dont care where people come from be it England America Samalia or the bloody outer hebrides(dunno if thats spelt right) what i was trying to point out in my post is that a cash injection will not be the quick fix we are all looking for if the truth be known the only thing that will fix our fottball club(u notice i said our) is Time and good management Mr houlier started us on the right track and then lost his way towards the end but i think Rafa will complete the transgression,As for money why do we need hundreds of millions? so we can get the best players in the world on the best wage's? and then another player can say well he's on 250k a week i want 260k a week cos i'm more well know than him ?A line has to be drawn somewhere how many time's have we all been talking about Roman abromavich getteing extridited so chelsea will collapse ,well imagine if we had the same priced squad as chelsea and the same wage structures for the players and lets just say the new investors go bust or decide the dont wanna play no more what then?Ill tell ya what then we will have to sell all our great players to get some cash but the players wages will be so bloody high noone will be able to afford them then it wont be a case of trying to find an investor with 20 million to spend it will be a case of hoping we dont go Bankrupt.
Now after looking at what Kraft have done i see they have wage capping in the state's is that the same for everyteam or do the Kraft family put that in themselves? Now if they insist on wage capping players themselves then they have just won my backing provided its not capped at something stupid like a mil a week.But i will state again at this moment its not a great deal of cash investment we need its Time to let Rafa get his sytem up and running time for the new signings to adapt and learn that skill is not the be all end all in the EPL its made up of skill energy and passion and discipline thats why the Epl is like no other league in the world because you cant succed unless you have all four  of them quality's sorry if its longed winded and hard to grasp what i am saying i have difficulty putting thoughts into word's.
Anyway like i said earlier sorry if i upset anyone and hopefully this will clear up what i was trying to say
ronmeister

Postby YoungAdam » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:34 pm

I'd prefer we worked our way out of this situation than bought our way out.
YoungAdam

Postby liamac » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:17 pm

I think ron that a certain amount of cash is needed , nit the hundreds of millions that Abramovich has invested , but a realistic amount , to get the sort of players that Raffa wants.

Your correct in saying its really important not to be paying mega bucks in case the plug is pulled ..........as it may very well happen at Chelsea waht with Russian authorities wanting to extradite Abramovich etc.

But from waht ive read of Robert Kraft , the man seems to be a realist in that he will invest but leave the  runnings of the club to the manager as he is the man responsible for the team.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:28 pm

Do we stick or twist here. Stay as we are doing what we are doing right now year on year, playing for 4th and hoping we can make some progress, or take a a deep breath and go for it, grab the money, spend it, and let the cards fall as they may. I think it boils down to that really. No guarantees either way but I do think we are standing still here. I would sooner take the plunge but these guys at the helm would knitpick if a billion pounds where put on the table tomorrow. I just dont see them giving shifting.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:29 pm

We're in no man's land.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:15 am

well new england patriots are through to the superbowl so the owner is doing something right.
personally i dont see the problem with wanting a man at the top whos willing to pump some money in.
he paid for the stadium at new england himself and is a canny business man, but also perfers to win trophies than money (hes a berzillionaire anyways) so maybe it would be cool
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:29 am

dosserboy wrote:Please Please Please L4, take ovr Liverpool FC, its the only way we are going to be able to challenge seriously for the Premership and Champions League!!!

I thought L4 group and Kraft were 2 separate investers?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:22 am

If he can deliver the great times, wonderful players and big smiles back to the red half of liverpool, he, and L4, has my vote.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 pm

Its still on......

Just hope this goes thru...

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1

L4 issue statement

The L4 consortium have issued a brief statement insisting that they have not pulled out of the running to invest into the club.

A report at the weekend claimed that the group were no longer interested in buying into the club and fresh reports by both the local and national media yesterday re-itertated the incorrect claims.

KopTalk however advised you that the reports were inaccurate and that L4 remained on course with their plans.

Speaking from his London office, Mike Jefferies of L4 said: "For the record, we, L4 Group, have not 'abandoned' anything. We are still totally committed to trying to help reposition LFC, and we hope to make some significant progress progress in our quest over the next couple of weeks."

L4 was formed by Liverpool fans Mike Jefferies and Stuard Ford. They also have on board Reds legend Kenny Dalglish and other key individuals and organisations who all want to see the club's winning metality returned to the board room.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1105728556 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:33 pm

hey Rock

How come you aint an Advanced Member?

Your posts are better than most!

Seems strange to me.
116-1105728556

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion