The solution to the right wing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:42 pm

L-type wrote:If my memory serves me he caused havoc to arsenal, but his best moment i can recall if it was indeed him, was when he was on the left wing against Viera someone else with possession, when he cut back towards goal and left both of them for dead.

I think you are looking for this...

Wonder if Viera found his way back yet?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:46 pm

Cisse is the answer to our right wing issue, end of!
Pongolle's best position is up front.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:56 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:Cisse is the answer to our right wing issue, end of!

I think you got that the wrong way round  :p
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:05 pm

Wot kinda games hav u bn watchin  ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:17 pm

Santa wrote:
L-type wrote:If my memory serves me he caused havoc to arsenal, but his best moment i can recall if it was indeed him, was when he was on the left wing against Viera someone else with possession, when he cut back towards goal and left both of them for dead.

I think you are looking for this...

Wonder if Viera found his way back yet?

Absolute class, and against players of the quality of vieira and Ljunberg..even better.
He would definately be worth a shout if we cant bring a natural right winger in, i know it was only the reserves yesterday but he is supposed to have changed the game when he came on.
I also would prefer him there to Cisse.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:13 am

H_K_LFC wrote:

Wot kinda games hav u bn watchin  ???

What kind of games have you been watching more like.
Pongolle is not good enough to play on the wing, not if we want a serious title challenge.
How many times has he played on the wing??  Once is all that I can recall. He was just beginning to score goals last year before he got injured, and they were in games when he was playing up front. He is not the sort of player who can get good quality crosses into the box. Cisse is a much better option on the right hand side - and can also knock a good cross into the box.
Personally, I would like to see them both playing in their natural position, which is upfront. But in case of any injuries, Cisse would be the man to fill any voids left on the right hand side.

Also, after seeing the preseason games -Potter hasn't half come a long way. If he carries on in the same way, he could make the role his own. Garcia looks uncomfortable on the wing and looks to cut inside too much.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sithlord » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 am

Pongolle has played a couple of stormers on the right wing that I can remember (Arsenal and Olympiakos).  He even reminded me of Wright-Phillips against Olympiakos.  He is definitely a prospect for that position, but we also need an experienced player while Pongolle develops.  I would personally like to see Salihamdzic here...quality player.
sithlord

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:14 am

One of my best mates is a Newcastle fan, and goes to see them quite regularly. He said that in his time there, Solano was their best player after Shearer(When he was their best player!). He's not one for taking a man on, but his crosses are superb. I know Shearers knocking on now, but his last big goal haul was when Nobby was providing the ammo. Imagine Crouch and Mori getting that kind of service!?! They'd score 50 between them. Add Cisse's pace and power style, and we could have the most prolific forward line in Premiership history. I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I've seen the accuracy this guy provides, and we all know we have a fecking strong aerial presence up front. Buy him, AND the other lad, if need be. We are wasting so much striking talent by employing w*nk on the flank. (I know it's not Rafa's fault, he can only use what he has got!)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:45 am

I agree with Lando, Solano is a good crosser of the ball and he's a consistant solid Premiership proven player. But because he's played for Villa and Newcastle people overlook him and underrate him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby gato_busta » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:13 am

solano used to be called "el maestrito" by maradona. he used to be a good player, used to captain peru, used to be the best player in the national team. that is all solano is now, a "used to". in peruvian papers a couple of months ago when he came he said that he wanted to play for the team he supports since childhood, sport boys, and finish his career there. the reason I dont think he should play for liverpool is because he doesnt deserve it. he doesnt want to represent his country in the national team because he doesnt like the coach (and trust me, we need all the help possible). he changed his mind and suddenly forgot about the team he supports because of a rumor that liverpool wanted him. he even stated he wants to retire and frankly, liverpool is not a team where players go to retire. I used to be a solano fan, dont take me wrong, but he is not the player I and all peruvians used to admire anymore and frankly not a player that should be joioning the greatest club in the world.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Garymac » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:19 am

There is no doubt Solano can cross a ball but he does :censored: all else, Morientes would love a player like Solano at the club so would crouch, personally i would kick Sebb blatters ar$e and get gonzalez here right now, he is sh!t hot, Rafa would not kick up a fuss for nothing? ???  ??? you can see were Rafa is comin from, cross it from deep and cause havoc in away games, admit it, if we had crouch last week we would have won comfortably!!! Just agree with so i can go to bed!!!!! :D  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:28 am

Yea I agree, now just get to bed  :D  Otherwise you're gonna miss the whole of tomorrow!!!!  I know I will, i dont plan on waking up until about 6pm at the earliest....f.uck it!!!!! 

:D
76-1115222408

Postby Garymac » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:32 am

hahaha goin in a min im goin the game tomoz and i wasnt planing on making a tw@t of me self but ive gone and done it any way!!!! Ill speak to you tomoz mate in a sober state hopefully, if your on after the game!!!!...oh and i think we should have signed routledge, still p!SSES ME OFF THAT!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:05 am

gonzalez natural position is on the LEFT, i dont understand where people are getting this idea he will play on the right...?
he may beable to play there but it might take a bit of time to adjust, hes a left winger simple as that.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby rash » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:37 pm

^^^^ i co-sign with that.

who remembers our last decent right winger??
rash

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion