The solution to the right wing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:33 am

Pongolle hasn't played in a competitive match in over six months, so don't expect him to start playing in the senior team any time soon.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kid a » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:23 am

We definitely need the right-wing position sorted out. As seen in the Sunderland game, we honestly pose little to no threat down the right flank. Garcia cuts in too much, and doesn't exactly take players on and whip in dangerous crosses when tries to go wide. Cisse isn't a winger, he can do an okay job...but he's wasted there and we need more than an ok job being done. I would mind Pongolle playing there consistently, but we should be looking for a better option. No question.

Solano would be a decent signing, but the guy will be 31 before the year's end. Would obviously be a very short term solution. He wouldn't be too cheap either. I would rather if Baros goes to Villa, it be a straight cash deal. Use all or some of the money from his sale, and put it towards a better solution for our wing problem. There are better and younger players out there to be signed than Solano. One player I would love for Liverpool to sign is Cesar Delgado. He's a forward who can play on either wing, or as and out and out striker. Great touch, takes players on, can cross a more than decent ball, good finisher. Wouldn't cost that much either.
Kid a

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:03 pm

He wouldn't be too cheap either

He would be very cheap because his contract with Villa lasts unti l next summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedWolf35 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:22 pm

I know I will get slaughtered for this but why have no premiership teams considered Norwich's Darren Huckerby (everytime I watched him last year he was awesome, I used to goto a few Coventry City games and he was excellent then too)

He has bag's of pace can beat people and his crossing is not too bad, from what I have seen so far he is a lot better than Zenden.

I think he might play on the left wing now but he can play on the right.
RedWolf35

Postby Tiiger » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:29 pm

Is there any good right winger in Football Manager 2005? Maybe we can use one or two... :;):
Those who forget the past have no future.
Tiiger

Postby redsforever » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:07 pm

RedWolf35 wrote:I know I will get slaughtered for this but why have no premiership teams considered Norwich's Darren Huckerby (everytime I watched him last year he was awesome, I used to goto a few Coventry City games and he was excellent then too)

He has bag's of pace can beat people and his crossing is not too bad, from what I have seen so far he is a lot better than Zenden.

I think he might play on the left wing now but he can play on the right.

I dont think Huckerby is good enuf to play for liverpool....  :D
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby stoney » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:03 pm

The way I see it if zendens good enough for lpool then huckerby is. huckerby would provide much more of a threat down the left and would contribute more in attacks plus he use to be a striker so his finishing is better.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:43 pm

In all seriousness, nobody champions unproven British players more than me but Huckerby? I just can't get my head round it at all. My impression is that he is a striker who drifts out wide anyhow, rather than a natural wide-man. Not even a remote possibility for me.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Huckerby ffs wise up  lads!!  :no
66-1120597113

Postby neil » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:54 pm

Garymac wrote:Just agree with so i can go to bed!!!!! :D

quote= LIVERPOOLANYTIME 
:D Yea I agree, now just get to bed    Otherwise you're gonna miss the whole of tomorrow!!!!

Is'nt this sweet......and the sketch I was waiting for aswell   :p
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion