VAR Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am

I see the FA scheduled us to play Newcastle on Saturday at 12:30pm after playing a CL semi on Wednesday yet schedule City to play Saturday evening after a Tuesday match.  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:20 am

I always thought that corruption would never happen in England, that somehow we are above it but I’m not sure anymore. We would look at other European leagues and feel that would never happen in England. It always takes some brave reporter wanting to make a name for themselves that exposes the corruption and how high it goes. Don’t count on sky as they just churn out corporate cr@p under the guise of news and I’m sure they are part of it. At some point someone will investigate deeply and probably find that it goes all the way up the line and the PL will come crashing down. So many decisions when ManUre were in the ascendancy were highly suspect, so many decisions have gone in favor of City, including them blatantly flouting FFP rules and getting away with it. It’s not sour grapes and in a season refs make mistakes and things even out but it’s not hard to spot patterns and when one team benefits from refereeing mistakes season after season it takes a fool not to question it. And the fact there is no reporting about this makes me feel this goes high up the line.

I am sure that in time we will find out that some titles teams like City won were tainted. There is too much money in football for a ref to make 50-100k per year and not think bigger. Not all refs I’m sure, but if someone offers them 1,000,000 to make mistakes in favor of a particular team over the course of the season, there will sure as sh1t be someone willing to take that offer. If a team is willing to pay 150 million for a player to help win them the league, then why would they not be willing to pay 100k to a ref to help secure the victory. Owners like Abramovich, the PSG owners, City’s owners have all make a living through corruption, why do we now think that they own a football team they wouldn’t.

The way things are geared nowadays it would be shocking if there was no corruption not shocking if there was. VAR just makes it all the easier.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Good post mate.

Corruption exists in every sport so why should football be excluded?!

Money always talks and will always be a key motivator to alter events. I wouldn't be surprised how many times officials have been paid to do certain things. These "sugar daddies" can splash money at will and when they have links/connections with powerful people than anything is possible. Easier draws or fixture congestion are just a few areas of many. Players faking injury? Far-fetched but anything is possible.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:44 am

English football is full of corruption and has been for a long time. Remember Fat Sam & Redknapp fiasco, Fictitious Chinese criminals buying Derby and even the owners with no morals allowing Clubs to be bought by unsavoury types. None of them Saudis would be in that league only for the other clubs voted to allow it and then they moan about the money they spend. The cheating of the accounts is another problem with the likes of city and manure spending what they want without impunity.

As fans we are the ones with the morals but what is the point when owners etc just do what they want. They obviously don't care if other clubs are cheating or where the money is coming from so why should we. If they can look the other way then surely we can to!! They all allow this to happen and all we do is whinge so, if its good for the goose!!

The whole world is corrupt anyway!!  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:30 pm

It's not just cheating to bend a few rules about spending on players though, it's blatant paying off match officials and higher ups to give them an advantage during the season. I'm almost certain Man City wouldn't have won the league last season had they not payed someone for some of the shameful decisions that went their way.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:57 pm

Just read this  :laugh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverp ... 242786.amp

The only thing it should be used for is in an instance of serious foul play and the rest of the game left to the officials on the field.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:38 pm

What do ye think about the blue cards ?

It's just another tool to be abused imo and should be scrapped before it even gets off the ground.  You can just picture it now, certain players should get red but will get blue instead. There will be no consistency either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:53 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:38 pm wrote:What do ye think about the blue cards ?

It's just another tool to be abused imo and should be scrapped before it even gets off the ground.  You can just picture it now, certain players should get red but will get blue instead. There will be no consistency either.

I agree, they can’t even manage watching slow motion and come up with the right result, just another thing to infuriate the fans.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:14 pm

It's just another excuse because they can't get the players to behave!
I'd upgrade yellow cards to 20 minutes in the sin bin and a red card would be an immediate one point deduction. Players would change their behaviour overnight.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:04 pm

I don't see anything wrong with player behaviour tbh, it's fine showing emotions from time to time, they're only human.

As for the blue card, it's ridiculous IMO. There is already a yellow card for the offences they want to introduce the blue one. 10 minutes off will only slow the game down, have one team playing anti-football until their players come back. It won't bring anything good and IMO it's unnecessary. The current rules and punishments are fine, don't fix what isn't broken.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:25 am

They should introduce a black card for referees that consistently make glaring mistakes, that should most definitely include var officials. Why they don’t face repercussions I cannot understand. Referees should get punished for their mistakes like players do. They should make it like a driver’s license, points for mistakes then when you hit that threshold you’re gone.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:58 pm

Don't know anyone in favour of it tbh but they will introduce it anyway.  Imo the last thing the game needs at the moment is more confusion.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion