Going nowhere... - General discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:05 pm

Dear fellow loyal fans, I have been rather busy lately and hence I have not posted my views recently. However, as an ardent fan, I have been constantly following our beloved team.
Right now, it is the 2nd half of the Portsmouth game, around the 86th minute. I am sick to death watching this now usual uninspired, predictable, long-ball based game with no penetrative play and letting in of utterly soft goals.
I love Liverpool to death, since 1976, but I must admit that we are utterly stuck in a rut.
During this game, the bargain basement Portsmouth team has convincingly outplayed the expensively assembled Liverpool team. They defended with great energy in numbers and when they break out, their smaller attacking numbers caused havoc for the Liverpool defence. Patrick Berger was given free to them when Mr. Houllier had never given him a decent crack. Same for Litmanen. We keep getting this rigid formation with over reliance on the long-ball and Michael Owen to score. The defence has become immobile lamp posts with the tendency to let in the softest of goals. The marking was atrocious.
Please, please sack the lost Frenchman and get us a real manager! With Houllier's tactics, Liverpool wouldn't win the league even if Zidane was dictating the play!
What do you people think? Anyone agree with me? Or have some soothing words to pacify my frustrations...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MuratCem » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:12 pm

definitely my mate,definitely...i have recently bought a jacket from lfc online store...when the cargo arrived my heart was about to explode!!!but right now,i am kept sittinng on my chair and wondering when a 'GENUINE' manager(e.g.Kevin Keegan,whose team brushed aside Bolton 6-2)comes in and guide us to heights where we belong and LFC is all about...f**k off GH...
MuratCem

Postby Redlester » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:27 pm

I am dismayed that we have lost one-nil to Pompey - what excuse will be trotted out now for the poor performance??? Was the pitch bumpy? Did the sun get in the players eyes? Did leaves fall onto the pitch and startle the players? ???? I have no words of comfort to offer - does anyone???
Redlester

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:31 pm

:( Same old story, and we will get the same old excuses from "the french man! Ithink it,s about time we parted with this loser! i just wish all these GH"lovers would wake up and smell the coffee, cos we are going nowhere! never mind uefa cup progress we want to see premiership progress!!! lets not kid ourselves we are going backwards with GH and untill the L.F.C. board take off their "rose tinted glasses" we will continue to take one step forward and two steps back!!it,s another season of promises...promises...blah! blah! blah! excuse, excuse "we were unlucky" we deserved a draw" yawn" yawn! I,ve heard this tape somewhere before?[for the past 5 seasons!]How much longer does he want?? :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:35 pm

It was painful,houllier is on borrowed time.Gone before christmas?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Foolsy's lad » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:42 pm

Deffo gone before crimbo.  In a sad way I hope we keep losing, (didn'nt think I'd ever say anything like that) cos if we get a couple of good results GH will keep his job.
Todays excuse was that we were tired from Wednesday, but I don't know how that could be so cos I didn't think we needed to work that hard the other day.  The real reason is that Heskey played, Biscan was brought in for Le Tallec and Houllier can't motivate his players.
Fair play, GH changed his tactics for us, even though he made out that was his idea, but we have to face up to the fact that our players just aren't good enough.
Another thing is GH still thinks he a school teacher.  Anyone with an opinion is shipped off or left in the reserves. His man management skills are abysmal. We need star players playing week in week out. A big clearout is needed but the thing is we'd probably have to pay other clubs to take our sh*te.
Foolsy's lad

Postby Redlester » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:00 pm

Sadly I think foolsy'slad is right - it is notable that it was Berger who scored against us today - GH thought fit to let him go at the end of the season on a free but he clearly has not had any loss of form - season before he let Anelk ago - and who scored twice for Mancity today - surprise surprise it was Anelka - if the board can't see it why should we have to point it out to them - I'd get rid of the manager, the board and half a dozen of the current squad [we all know who they are] before the few real assets we do have refuse contracts and walk out the door
Redlester

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:49 pm

Yep...we take 1 step forward,then 2 back.Heskey plays we lump the ball upto him and by-pass the footballers in the midfield.Biscan in before Le Tallec,that can't be right.The defence is a shambles...Hyypia,Henchoz and Riise are a poor resemblance of what they were a couple of years ago.
    I can't believe this will be allowed to continue for much longer.If we drop deeper into the bottom half of the table I'm sure the board will act to bring someone in before it's a relegation battle we find ourselves in.....I know it's inconceivable but in the last 35 games we have won 12 drawn 9 and lost 14,giving us a total of 45 points.So if things get worse,and they just may do,then we could be in deep s**t.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:22 am

what another shambles, when owen's not playing who have we got to put the ball in the net? Heskey is useful. He looks like a man he is at the very bottom of his self-esteem and lacking confidence.

I know this is said often, but he Sinama should of scored twice at the end, to awful misses, but it isn't his fault. where was biscan playing today, i hope to god it wasn't in the midfield as we have much more talented players than him to fill the role.

if GH doesn't buck his ideas up before crimbo then bring in a new boss. he came out with that infamous excuse again "if shots on target were counted as points, we would of won" and "we deserved a draw". I think stevie gerrard pretty much summed it up, the performance was sh*t and they outplayed us.

roll on leeds.    :(
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby greenred » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:34 am

I totally,100% agree.Houllier has been like a breath of fresh air around anfield,I respect him, but it is time for a change,its been coming for a while.The king is dead,long live the king ............MARTIN O NEILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:31 am

I think Martin O'Neill will be a definite improvement over Houllier. Look at what he has done at Celtic and their progress in Europe, despite being financially tight. Right now, the Liverpool squad is OK, not really good but OK. With a better manager, things should improve. Compare Liverpool to Celtic. Player for player, they are inferior to Liverpool. But they play with more heart, purpose and ideas.
The current Liverpool is gutless and pitiful with no alternative ideas and a very rigid pattern of play.
O'Neill should be able to immediately improve the team. In fact, any half decent manager will be better than Houllier. however, we fans will remain frustrated for the longest time yet as I don't foresee any management change in the near future...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:44 am

There are massive problems at anfield. The players do not seem to attack or defend as a team. And when a team like portsmorth does it can easily dominate liverpool. I think it is a matter of time before HOU goes. And once he goes, bad news for heskey, biscan, cherou, hyppia (he is playing like s**t for 2 seasons already), riise.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:37 pm

fresh change is needed
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Redlester » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:02 pm

T think the change in captaincy is significant - is it a bribe to persuade Stevie to stay with the club ?? We still need a more significant change though - we need a new manager
Redlester

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:50 am

I hope that the appointment of Gerrard as captain will speed up his development into a player equivalent to Roy Keane and Patrick Viera. Gerrard has the ability, but he needs to start leading the team. He can be a new Graeme Souness, who I personally think was a better player than Keane and Viera.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion