VAR Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 13, 2021 11:11 pm

That was a stonewall penalty we were denied there tonight.  Once VAR was taking it's time I thought they were going to fook us over by saying it was a free on the edge of the box or something but to give us nothing  :laugh:

Its killing the game and should be scrapped.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 14, 2021 2:53 am

I work with someone who's anal mate and I can assure you VAR won't get better until you completely take it away - the little people will never give up power. Now they've tasted it, they're not going to climb down and give it back. It's become all or nothing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri May 14, 2021 6:18 pm

It's just a joke how it's being used and abused in the prem and you are right about having to wrestle it away. The difference between how it's used here and in Europe is massive. Its constantly interfering and holding up games killing momentum. You cant even celebrate a goal with the fooking thing.

Yeah it gets some things right that otherwise would have been missed but it's getting a lot wrong and there is no consistency. Ruling goals out one week for something and nothing the next. There will be other challenges like the one on Phillip's and they will all be given. Better off with human error as this is what the alternative is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat May 15, 2021 7:19 am

As I said before, they way it is now it is a system that is ripe for corruption. Having one individual remotely control the outcomes of matches is never a system that will work in the long term, it has been proven this season. They are not paid that well considering it is a multi-billion pound industry but they control the outcomes and could easily get paid by Asian gambling syndicates to throw one match equal to their annual salary, some might take that option and we would never know. I know we cherish our sporting culture and sporting integrity and think it could never happen in England but it could, very easily and this system will enable it.

Reading Dermot Gallagher on “ Ref Watch” every week justify these terrible decisions is comical, surely he is not saying that with a straight face. Not sure if it is a sky conspiracy or he does not want to talk negatively about his fellow referees but listing to him I cannot keep a straight face.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 16, 2021 5:49 am

Once again VAR decides the outcome of the game, this time the FA Cup Final. It’s taken on a sinister dimension of "we’ve scored, but will the Controller let us keep it?"
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 16, 2021 9:02 am

Come on Reg - it was the best thing to come out of VAR for ages !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 16, 2021 11:57 am

Chelsea are above us in the league because of bad VAR decisions. The Chelsea supporters are some of the worst to mock us on social media when a VAR decision goes against us... so it was nice for it to finally hit them in a important final.

More it keeps happening against the big teams the more chance we'll all rally together and hopefully get rid of it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 16, 2021 8:40 pm

Chelsea are having a great weekend  :laugh: Their girls are losing 4-0 in the CL final  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:53 pm

What is the point of VAR?  How on earth can Sterling get away with a blatant dive with no contact and be rewarded with a pen and a place in a final.

It was brought in to stop stuff like this but yet players are still getting away with it  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:53 pm

It was highlighted during commentary that it had to be a clear and obvious error. Well just what is clear and obvious? It was an incredibly soft penalty and there appeared to be little or no contact. I certainly don’t blame Sterling in any way whatsoever because if he hadn’t gone down people would’ve complained that he missed the opportunity of getting a penalty such is the state of refereeing. Anybody‘s that stays on their feet when they have been fouled hardly ever gets a penalty. Unfortunately the system has itself to blame. VAR in the main has been used very effectively during the EURO’s. On this occasion however it raised more questions than answers. Is it any wonder that the game is accused of being corrupt when mistakes of that magnitude are being  made. It was absolutely idiotic that the referee wasn’t told to go and have a look at the on field screen. What bewilders me is that only supposedly clear and obvious errors are overturned. If a mistake has been made regardless of how clear and obvious it is it should be overturned in any event. The system simply does not work. If I supported Denmark I would feel very badly done to.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:57 pm

devaney » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:53 pm wrote: I certainly don’t blame Sterling in any way whatsoever because if he hadn’t gone down people would’ve complained that he missed the opportunity of getting a penalty such is the state of refereeing.

I blame the player because he is the one who is cheating. There was zero contact and he was always going down once in that position and he is notorious for it.

Football is a contact sport Dev and the referee is there to determine whether the contact was enough to take the lad off his feet.  It beggars belief why the VAR  didnt correct it because it was a clear and obvious error.  It's just rubbish and should be scrapped because it is corrupt and ruining the game.

I'm not a Denmark fan and I am not anti English either just dont like to see cheating on any level. 15 year olds put in harder challenges than so called grown men who call themselves professionals.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:53 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:57 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:53 pm wrote: I certainly don’t blame Sterling in any way whatsoever because if he hadn’t gone down people would’ve complained that he missed the opportunity of getting a penalty such is the state of refereeing.

I blame the player because he is the one who is cheating. There was zero contact and he was always going down once in that position and he is notorious for it.

Football is a contact sport Dev and the referee is there to determine whether the contact was enough to take the lad off his feet.  It beggars belief why the VAR  didnt correct it because it was a clear and obvious error.  It's just rubbish and should be scrapped because it is corrupt and ruining the game.

I'm not a Denmark fan and I am not anti English either just dont like to see cheating on any level. 15 year olds put in harder challenges than so called grown men who call themselves professionals.

If you watch the first goal England scored ( own goal) Sterling threw himself into the goal with an almighty dive until he realized the ball went in. He always goes down too easily.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:02 pm

Kazza I totally agree he goes down like a ton of bricks at the very first opportunity. Don't like the lad and never have including when he played for Liverpool.I find the likes of Ian Wright constantly eulogising about Sterling somewhat irksome. There is no doubt that he has had his moments during the EURO's but that does not get away from the fact that he constantly runs into brick walls and misses relatively simple chances time and time again. Yes he conned the ref and the Danes who I genuinely feel sorry for but unfortunately that is more to do with referees and VAR than Sterling's awful behaviour.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 pm

One year on nothings changed....same corrupt officials
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:02 pm

I've never been one for conspiracy theories or believed there is any real bias against any club but these are the same pair who completely robbed us against Spurs by not sending off Kane and not giving Jota a penalty.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion