Man u and the fa - General discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Mon May 03, 2004 2:01 am

Whats the chances United will do the following when they travel  to Villa on the final day of the season ? 

With a FA Cup final the following week, you can bet that Fergie (Who has conceded 2nd place to Chelsea today) will field a reserve side to keep his players fresh and injury free for the Cup final and the FA will do exactly what in response ...FA !!!!!!!!

I have this horrible feeling we draw aginat Newcastle and Vilal win to leapfrog us both !!!!!!!

If this happens lets see the FA act and find its teeth....we can al hope !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon May 03, 2004 3:03 am

that has the ring of horrible inevitability about it.Manure wont field a full team for that match,no way.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:16 am

It shouldnt matter what manure do. We win our final 2 games and we are gonna be fine. You also gotta rememebr that a 2nd fielded team works twice as hard as they dont wanna be reserves. Also some of the fringe players will be playing for their chance to play in the FA cup final. We got a little lead and lets just concentrate on keeping eh lads? sweet
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2004 9:49 am

If manure do field a weakened XI then I guess we can't really blame them, in their situation I'm sure we'd do the same. The FA won't act because it is not going to be a first, in some respects I wish we had the luxury of blooding some youngsters. Bottom line is we shouldn't have to rely on teams losing, not that I really care if we get CL or not. To sum this season up :-

We should have secured fourth by now

We should have been closer to the top three

We should have beaten Bolton at home in the Carling Cup

We should have beaten Portsmouth at home in the FA Cup

We should have beaten Marseille at home (or over two legs) in the UEFA Cup

The season has been full of disappointments, the most disappointing aspect is we've had nothing but fourth to play for in the league for too long. Notice the use of the word "should" - that is the problem, we're not winning as many of the games that we should
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:52 am

owzat, u have summed up the season perfectly, and used the red font really well :laugh:
i would be relieved tho if we got that 4th place, i think we deserve it considering our final run but Villa are the team i am concerned about now
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2004 10:04 am

I don't want Villa to get it nor Newcastle, but if we get it then it buys Houllier time. Maybe with a summer to think about it and the start of next season with no CL, the board will realise what Houllier is doing and get rid.

Just a thought............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 03, 2004 10:25 am

You cant honestly say d rather not get CL if it means no more Houllier. We wanna be finshing as high as possible, and we have to be in teh CL, its where we belong, in with the elite of european football. Plus thats how we get the best players.
No matter what, we gota cheer on the team
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon May 03, 2004 11:42 am

Agreed.  I've got to admire the Leeds fans, there side was facing the prospect of bankruptcy, were doing s##t on the pitch, and yet they still came to the games in droves.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby XSD » Mon May 03, 2004 11:45 am

Fergie might even find it funny to let villa get ahead of us :<
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

United have never had the class that our club has. We beat blackburn by being totally professional, they wont. They'll roll over, sorry lads, but it is up to us to win our match and if not then moaning will just sound like sour grapes
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 03, 2004 12:51 pm

That was possibly my favourite game. Everyone said that we would fold against blackburn and let them win. I always rememebr seeing Babb at left back and thinking that he wasnt playing well at all (well, compared to usual.. which sometimes wasnt bad. Then when Redknapp had that free kick and he scored. The crowd went siletn for like 5 secnds and then you saw king kenny jumping up and down as he heard what had happened with the scum.
top game, everyone was happy!!!
Usually id say that the scum would let Villa down but they need a win and im sure that Ferguson and OLeary aren't the best of friends. Lets just win our matches though and it wont matter :)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon May 03, 2004 1:05 pm

"are you watching manchester!!"
:laugh:
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon May 03, 2004 7:08 pm

Mission completed
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby DrLiverpool » Mon May 03, 2004 8:12 pm

Dalglish wrote:I have this horrible feeling we draw aginat Newcastle and Vilal win to leapfrog us both !!!!!!!

2 minutes ago I wrote the exact same thing in the how will we do poll........I didnt see this though.......
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon May 03, 2004 11:56 pm

Thanks for the input lads, some very good points made by all. I suppose it would be a bit of a moan Ant but it does get to me when Man u are treated differently by the FA than everyone else, obviously i have a personal bias against nMan u but even the most ardent football fan would agree the Mancs get the rub of the FA green !!!

Its ironic i suppose that a competition than Manchester United didn't even enter 3 seasons ago is now the only thing they can win to salvage their season !!!!!!! :D

If it does happen and united field a weakened side lets just see if the FA bear their teeth , thats if they can get their lips off Sir Andrex's a#se !!!!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion