NETT TRANSFER ACTIVITY OF THE LAST 5 YEARS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:55 am

Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 am wrote:Never really seen net spend as a particularly useful indicator of how we're doing in terms of progressing on the pitch. A big factor effecting it is how well we do selling players who we don't need for good fees. Something we have been pretty good at over the past 5 years.

To me it's mainly an indicator we understand the player buy and sell culture well and we're strongly living within our means and after H&G that's great to see! In fact if you could add a further column to show the value of the squad you'd see we have the second most valuable squad which massively out weighs the cost of assembling it. United would look pretty foolish having paid more than the squad is worth!

City and United and racked up massive debts which ultimately have to be paid off and on the whole, if you pay big, player value declines not grows so the bigger your debt the harder it is to pay. You'd need 4 Coutinho deals to rebalance City's transfer defecit!!!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 am wrote:So when you know I am right all you can retort to is namecalling is it?
The fact is the owners have been pocketing all the CL money, sold players that Klopp has propped up
so they don't have to put anything in and pocket the money.
They have been greedy ***** and Klopp has been fantastic to hide that fact. 
They were **** for our club for a very long time until they happened upon a gold mine.
And once that gold mine has been mined out we'll see once again how garbage they really are.
Doesn't take away that Klopp(who has little to do with the owners) has done a fantastic job.

I won’t resort to name calling. I would simply suggest that you seem to have the business acumen of ant. Why on earth are you so convinced that your incredibly misguided view of our owners is correct. Where is your evidence they have been taking huge sums of money from the club ? Not that I personally have a problem with that given that it is their money. They successfully steadied a sinking ship and  that took time. LFC is unrecognisable compared with when FSG bought the club. If you can’t see that I feel sorry for you. And where we are today is not simply down to Klopp and he would be the first to admit it.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 pm

devaney » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 am wrote:
Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:51 am wrote:So when you know I am right all you can retort to is namecalling is it?
The fact is the owners have been pocketing all the CL money, sold players that Klopp has propped up
They were **** for our club for a very long time until they happened upon a gold mine.
And once that gold mine has been mined out we'll see once again how garbage they really are.
Doesn't take away that Klopp(who has little to do with the owners) has done a fantastic job.

I won’t resort to name calling. I would simply suggest that you seem to have the business acumen of ant. Why on earth are you so convinced that your incredibly misguided view of our owners is correct. Where is your evidence they have been taking huge sums of money from the club ? Not that I personally have a problem with that given that it is their money. They successfully steadied a sinking ship and  that took time. LFC is unrecognisable compared with when FSG bought the club. If you can’t see that I feel sorry for you. And where we are today is not simply down to Klopp and he would be the first to admit it.

:nod  Whatever some may think of our owners (FSG) some people have got short f*cking memories !

Under the ownership of Hicks and Gillett  our club was ONE DAY AWAY FROM BEING FORCED INTO ADMINISTRATION when thankfully FSG stepped in and took over !

It took some time to turn things around, obviously not as quick as some would have wished for but the business acumen of FSG has restored this club to it's former glory.

Obviously our manager is a massive part of that restoration but lets give some credit to the owners that hired him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 pm

Well said Woof,

FSG have turned our finances around to be the most profitable club in europe/world last season,
Brought in who is now the most respected manager in the world,
Assembled the best team in the world,
Built a new main stand and a Annie road on the drawing board,
Made us the envy of the world.
All in a few short years!

Just need them to turn this forum round now!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Who cares if they're making money rather than spending? They're making money and we're winning, it's a win-win for everyone.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:56 pm wrote:Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.

What money are they taking out? Can you highlight what money you're talking about in the public accounts that are published every year?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 pm wrote:Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.

For ***** sake "Pingo" you've been a member of this forum for almost 15 years !

Can you not see how far the team has come since FSG took control ? !

I really fail to see what your f*cking problem is !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:05 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:44 pm wrote:
Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:56 pm wrote:Sure, when we have a miracleworker it doesn't matter but those blood suckers won't stop taking money out when he is gone.

I mistakenly credited Penguins with the business acumen of an ant. Frankly I didn’t realise that I was doing ants such a disservice !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:59 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:44 pm wrote:

I mistakenly credited Penguins with the business acumen of an ant. Frankly I didn’t realise that I was doing ants such a disservice !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 pm

There is something you appear to be struggling with so I’ll try and remind you

The owners “Stated” quite clearly that they wanted the club to run as a self sufficent model so that it stood on its own two feet and funded itself

They brought in the right people to enhance the financial income to allow us to spend more and invest in the team and the club and that has been done with massive success

They haven’t taken a single penny out of the club

Right now just look at us and yet there is always the clueless ***** still looking to point fingers at the owners - don’t worry you aren’t on your own - there is this knob that sits near us still complaining about the owners as we speak
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Only money taken out of the club is any director wages they may have - nothing else , unless you want to prove they are taking other money out of the club ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:28 am

absolutely clueless! What a whopper! Your on the wind up surely ? Doesn't matter how they get the money, player sales, naming rights, sponsorship whatever the bottom line is... 'IT IS THEIR MONEY!'.
They could decide to split it between them and leave us poor but they haven't have they? They took the profits from a player who wanted to leave anyway for Barcelona and invested it straight back into the team and bought VVD & Allison. They've built and expanded our home and are looking to do that again at the t'other end!

Honest penguins, your view is 100% fiction.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 pm

My main gripe with them a few years back was that we weren't spending enough to improve our side.

The 20m spent here and the 15m spent over there, scatter gun approach on the under 25 year old hot prospects was killing us without a solid spine.

But since Klopp arrived they have not only kept up with the crazy market rate on players but have seen us lead the market in some instances, like at the time paying a world record fee for Van Dijk. The money that we then spent to bring in the likes of Alison, Keita, Fabinho has really signaled our intent that we are f**king about anymore.

So with that said I will gladly shut up about the owners, they have been doing a great job backing Klopp and the committee.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 am

eds » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 pm wrote:My main gripe with them a few years back was that we weren't spending enough to improve our side.

The 20m spent here and the 15m spent over there, scatter gun approach on the under 25 year old hot prospects was killing us without a solid spine.

But since Klopp arrived they have not only kept up with the crazy market rate on players but have seen us lead the market in some instances, like at the time paying a world record fee for Van Dijk. The money that we then spent to bring in the likes of Alison, Keita, Fabinho has really signaled our intent that we are f**king about anymore.

So with that said I will gladly shut up about the owners, they have been doing a great job backing Klopp and the committee.

Great post. Sh1t mate I never thought I'd see the day  :laugh: Sometimes we just need to have a bit of patience and I like everybody else can understand just how frustrating supporting LFC has been for quite a long time now. I was lucky enough to enjoy the Shankly and Paisley years but to be honest the pleasure I am getting from seeing my son and daughter who were born in the eighties witness the Klopp years is something special. They've waited a very long time to really appreciate what LFC is all about as they were too young in the eighties to understand all the fuss.

How are things in your part of the world?  Hopefully you are in one of the safe areas.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext