NETT TRANSFER ACTIVITY OF THE LAST 5 YEARS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:50 am

NETT TRANSFER ACTIVITY OF THE LAST 5 YEARS  (15/16 til end summer 2019 window).

GBP
    Manchester City 568.7
    Manchester United 414.0
    Arsenal FC         248.2
    Everton FC         212.5
    Brighton & H Albion 195.5
    Wolverhampton W 191.3
    AFC Bournemouth 165.8
    Aston Villa         151.3
    West Ham United 144.5
    Leicester City         121.6
    Newcastle United 114.8
    Watford FC         113.9
    Chelsea FC         104.6
    Liverpool FC         102.9
    Tottenham Hotspur   90.1
    Crystal Palace           71.4
    Burnley FC           51.9
    Sheffield United   35.7
    Southampton FC   21.3
    Norwich City         +27.2
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:34 am

Reg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:50 am wrote:NETT TRANSFER ACTIVITY OF THE LAST 5 YEARS  (15/16 til end summer 2019 window).

GBP
    Manchester City 568.7
    Manchester United 414.0
    Arsenal FC         248.2
    Everton FC         212.5
    Brighton & H Albion 195.5
    Wolverhampton W 191.3
    AFC Bournemouth 165.8
    Aston Villa         151.3
    West Ham United 144.5
    Leicester City         121.6
    Newcastle United 114.8
    Watford FC         113.9
    Chelsea FC         104.6
    Liverpool FC         102.9
    Tottenham Hotspur   90.1
    Crystal Palace           71.4
    Burnley FC           51.9
    Sheffield United   35.7
    Southampton FC   21.3
    Norwich City         +27.2

We spent less than Villa and they were  relegated  :Oo:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Everton  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Source Reg?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 pm

There are number of different sources fivecups, I can't find the exact one now but if you google it you'll find 4-5.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Reg » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:45 pm wrote:There are number of different sources fivecups, I can't find the exact one now but if you google it you'll find 4-5.

Will do thanks, amazing how good we are with the money we've spent. Our transfers have been over the scale in recent years.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Fivecups - This is quite a good site. Just click on Premier League transfers at the top;  https://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverp ... -transfers
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:00 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:03 pm wrote:Fivecups - This is quite a good site. Just click on Premier League transfers at the top;  https://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverp ... -transfers

Cheers mate, will get a look at this.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Never really seen net spend as a particularly useful indicator of how we're doing in terms of progressing on the pitch. A big factor effecting it is how well we do selling players who we don't need for good fees. Something we have been pretty good at over the past 5 years.

I think you just have to look at each season and see if we've lost anyone we wanted to keep (only Can and Coutinho under Klopp as far as I can remember), and what have we done to address gaps in the squad. If we can keep getting good fees for youth players who are never going to make a real impact here and squad players who want to move on then, keep our key players, and add players who improve the first 11/squad, then that's all that matters.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 pm wrote:Never really seen net spend as a particularly useful indicator of how we're doing in terms of progressing on the pitch. A big factor effecting it is how well we do selling players who we don't need for good fees. Something we have been pretty good at over the past 5 years.

I think you just have to look at each season and see if we've lost anyone we wanted to keep (only Can and Coutinho under Klopp as far as I can remember), and what have we done to address gaps in the squad. If we can keep getting good fees for youth players who are never going to make a real impact here and squad players who want to move on then, keep our key players, and add players who improve the first 11/squad, then that's all that matters.

Got to disagree mate. I’m not sure that we were desperate to keep Coutinho once Barcelona indicated that they were prepared to pay £142m. Personally I’d have bitten their arm off. Using the money to buy VVD an Ali are positive indicators of net spend and how we are progressing on the pitch. Selling Torres and buying Carroll was negative indicator. The same can be said for selling Suarez and buying Benteke. Utilising funds positively through buying and selling will always be an indicator of what happens on the pitch and the balance sheet.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:49 am

What it does tell you is the the owners haven't put out much money whatsoever.
Villa and Everton haven't been in the CL and the owners have just pocketed that money it seems...
They lucked out and got Klopp, that's about it.
The notion that the owners somehow has found the right formula after 5 years of absolute garbage mismanagement just disgusts me.
I'd never trust an american bussinessperson as they are geedy ***** ho cares about one thing.
They haven't really spent any money during their emtire tenure and managed to strike gold when they got Klopp after 5 years.
The fact is that Lopp has made many of those players what they are today and it was he to a large part that gave the owners 142 million for Coutinho.
And that many has somehow been bandied around as if they are spending their money.
What a load of bull***. Considering the Cl finals just in the past 2 years and the hunders of millions in revenue just from that
we should be one of the top spenders.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:52 am

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:49 am wrote:What it does tell you is the the owners haven't put out much money whatsoever.
Villa and Everton haven't been in the CL and the owners have just pocketed that money it seems...
The notion that the owners somehow has found the right formula after 5 years of absolute garbage mismanagement just disgusts me.
I'd never trust an american bussinessperson as they are geedy ***** ho cares about one thing.
They haven't really spent any money during their emtire tenure and managed to strike gold when they got Klopp after 5 years.
The fact is that Lopp has made many of those players what they are today and it was he to a large part that gave the owners 142 million for Coutinho.
And that many has somehow been bandied around as if they are spending their money.
What a load of bull***. Considering the Cl finals just in the past 2 years and the hunders of millions in revenue just from that

They may have got lucky with seeing the potential in Klopp but the club has been improved from top to bottom including the stadium. All the administrative staff have been refreshed and the club is now run in a very top class way. Credit must be given where it is due and it starts with the owners as without them we would not be where we are... the best team in the world!

They may not be sugar daddy owners but that is not what we need for the long term success of the club, we needed fixing and they fixed us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:57 am

Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:49 am wrote:a large part that gave the owners 142 million for Coutinho. And that many has somehow been bandied around as if they are spending their money.

The money that they got for Coutinho was THEIR money though, when they took over the club they took over all it's assets one of which was Coutinho. They sold him so that 142m was THEIR money, they then re-invested into the team (using THEIR money) so your argument is not only wrong, it's f***ing stupid!

In fact after re-reading your post you need to chill the f*** out you ungrateful squirt.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:51 am

So when you know I am right all you can retort to is namecalling is it?
The fact is the owners have been pocketing all the CL money, sold players that Klopp has propped up
so they don't have to put anything in and pocket the money.
They have been greedy ***** and Klopp has been fantastic to hide that fact. 
They were **** for our club for a very long time until they happened upon a gold mine.
And once that gold mine has been mined out we'll see once again how garbage they really are.
Doesn't take away that Klopp(who has little to do with the owners) has done a fantastic job.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am

kazza » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:52 am wrote:
Penguins » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:49 am wrote:What it does tell you is the the owners haven't put out much money whatsoever.

They may have got lucky with seeing the potential in Klopp but the club has been improved from top to bottom including the stadium. All the administrative staff have been refreshed and the club is now run in a very top class way. Credit must be given where it is due and it starts with the owners as without them we would not be where we are... the best team in the world!

They may not be sugar daddy owners but that is not what we need for the long term success of the club, we needed fixing and they fixed us.

But they haven't even been normal owners. That would be Everton and Villa's owners. These charlatans have spent LESS than those clubs with revenue from 2 CL finals and one Europa league final in the past 3 years.
IF they were NORMAL owners they would have put ALL that money back into the club. But instead they wanted their precious profits....
Americans are so ****** predictable.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion