Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 4pm Sunday Jan 5th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Hmm, mixed feelings about this one.

Our first eleven would win it BUT given some of Jurgens comments I doubt few (if any ?) will start.

Personally I wouldn't give a toss if we left the competition at this stage (we've got bigger fish to fry ! )

However ! having said that, this is Everton at Anfield !

Fu*k !  Do we gift them the opportunity of a win against our second string ?

Can't stand the thought of the Bitters crowing if they won it BUT I'll live with it if our top lads remain rested and fresh in our march to the prem title.

Thoughts ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Think we need to go mix

Adrian

Hoever
VVD
Phillips
Robbo

Milner
Lallana
Gini

Elliot
Origi
Minimino
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:35 pm wrote:Think we need to go mix

Adrian

Hoever
VVD
Phillips
Robbo

Milner
Lallana
Gini

Elliot
Origi
Minimino

Sooner or later Virgil and Robbo are gonna need a rest. I think that chucking them in with a "scratch" eleven for this game is maybe not the best idea.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm wrote:

Adrian

Hoever
VVD
Phillips
Robbo

Milner
Lallana
Gini

Elliot
Origi
Minimino

Sooner or later Virgil and Robbo are gonna need a rest. I think that chucking them in with a "scratch" eleven for this game is maybe not the best idea.

Maybe but certainly not rested against the Bitters
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:53 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:27 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:42 pm wrote:

Adrian

Hoever
VVD
Phillips
Robbo

Milner
Lallana
Gini

Elliot
Origi
Minimino

Maybe but certainly not rested against the Bitters

Hmmm, and so you're saying  forget their future fitness (and possible injury in a spikey game) they have to take part in playing against  Everton in what's now a 2nd tier trophy is more important than to preserves their fitness and availability for more significant games ahead of us  ?      :wwww

In case you've forgotten  ! We''ve still got the premiership to dust of AND the CL to contend with !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:02 pm

VVD plays most of the games within himself - when it comes to fitness levels he is fine

Robbo is a machine and can go all day long

We also have 6 day rest after this game until next Saturday at 17:30 - so the players will get plenty of rest

So yep I’ll still expect to see VVD play tomorrow and also Robbo

Nothing will be better than winning the Treble unbeaten
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:50 pm

No way Robbo is starting IMO, not even van Dijk. I expect everyone to be rested apart from Milner maybe. Jones and Elliot will definitely start. We all want to blast the bitters to smithereens but Klopp will do the sensible move and give our main guys a much deserved rest after playing for 2 months straight. Hell, some of them have been playing twice a week non stop since the start of the season.

My predicted line-up:

Adrian

Williams
Hoever
Phillips
Larouci(?)

Lallana
Milner
Jones

Elliot
Minamino
Origi

Not sure about the left back but I think the other will start for sure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:41 am

Looking forward to this one. I’d personally throw in half the big guns, simply because of who we’re playing, plus I don’t care what anyone says the FA cup is still something worth fighting for.
Franky000

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:49 am

damjan193 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:50 pm wrote:No way Robbo is starting IMO, not even van Dijk. I expect everyone to be rested apart from Milner maybe. Jones and Elliot will definitely start. We all want to blast the bitters to smithereens but Klopp will do the sensible move and give our main guys a much deserved rest after playing for 2 months straight. Hell, some of them have been playing twice a week non stop since the start of the season.

My predicted line-up:

Adrian

Williams
Hoever
Phillips
Larouci(?)

Lallana
Milner

Can't see him going with that inexperienced back 4
Jones

Elliot
Minamino
Origi

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:51 am

Boocity » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:49 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:50 pm wrote:No way Robbo is starting IMO, not even van Dijk. I expect everyone to be rested apart from Milner maybe. Jones and Elliot will definitely start. We all want to blast the bitters to smithereens but Klopp will do the sensible move and give our main guys a much deserved rest after playing for 2 months straight. Hell, some of them have been playing twice a week non stop since the start of the season.

My predicted line-up:

Adrian

Williams
Hoever
Phillips
Larouci(?)

Lallana
Milner
Jones

Elliot
Minamino
Origi

Can't see him going with that inexperienced a back 4,
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:32 am

VVD and Robbo are looking very tired these days. Robbo looks gaunt and it's difficult for a big man like VVD to keep going at 100%, big fellas need more time to recover. I'd play Gomez to lead the back 4 but otherwise, as I've suspected all week, Klopp will play the boys to allow the first team time to recover. It's aa simple question of priorities.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 am

Personally I think he will rest Virgil but it is a bit of a dilemma because I don't think the likes of Phillips/Van Der Berg/Hoever etc will be able to cope with Richarlson and Calvert-Lewin. We have only got 2 fit first team CB's though oso it is a risk to play them. It will be interesting to see what Jurgen does.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Agree, difficult call, especially as Lovren and Matip should be back soon. I wonder if Milner could be used at rb to provide experience in the back line, just seems too risky to play Gomez or VVD, imagine one of them was injured and out for the rest of the season. And Robbo and Trent clearly need a rest, especially with spurs and united coming up. In fact, hendo, gini and the front 3 also could do with a break. PL the overriding objective this year, if it looks sorted then let's aim for a double with the European Cup but lose to united and spurs and everything changes, we know City could win entry one of their remaining games.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:12 pm

It's not really about how much time we have before the next game. It's about how much football each player has had over the past month and the fact we had only 2 recovery days after Sheffield United. Fatigued players have a heightened risk of injury and we can't afford to lose anyone else ahead of a tough January in the league - Spurs(A), Man Utd(H), Wolves(A) and West Ham(A)

The Cup that really matters is the Champions League. I know it's Everton but over the past 20 years this competition has lost it's significance. I would expect a fair few changes. With no Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, Ox, Keita and Shaqiri, I'd put put out something like the below. But I suspect that Nat Phillips will start. Also suspect Henderson will be given the day off and Milner will start.

Adrian

Williams     Gomez     van Dijk     Larouci

Henderson
            Lallana               Jones

Elliott                                 Minamino
                          Origi

Subs: Alisson, Hoever, Phillips, Chirivella, Milner, Brewster, Mane

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm

The players had a walk about earlier and Gomez and Mane are with the squad alongside Ox who I assume is fully recovered from his injury. Squad includes Lallana, Milner, Adrian, Gomez, Neco Williams, Hoever, Curtis Jones, Chirivella, Elliott, Brewster, Nat Phillips, Kelleher, Lonergan, Origi, Larouci and Mane.

No sign of Alisson, Trent, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah and Firmino so I assume they have been given the day off.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games