Liverpool v Everton FA Cup 4pm Sunday Jan 5th

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm

f*cking hell, how much of a B team do we have to field for Everton to have a chance against us? :laugh:

Great performance from the lads, especially happy for Jones and Elliot who had good games, especially for Jones with that beauty. Special mention for Adrian who kept us in the game in the first half, and Lallana who probably had his best game in a while, led the kids well by example.

We're through to the next round and rested our main guys, can't ask for more than that. Only downside is Milner's injury but I'm sure he won't be out for too long, if at all.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Was worried at the end of the first half, thought we were lucky not to be 1 if not 2 goals down.

But the second half the lads were immense, what a performance  :buttrock

Brilliant stuff.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 pm

I've been watching us for nearly half a century and that's probably the best derby win I've ever seen. Make no mistake about it Everton were massive, massive favourites going into that game, talk about punching above your weight, what a performance from the lads. That game will go down in Merseyside folklore.
Each and every one of them did the badge proud today.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Welcome back to Anfield Carlo  :laugh:

An amazing performance to be proud of. I gave my ticket to my 7 year old granddaughter - it was her first game !! Made up for her.

Klopp is just something very special. Instilling a level of belief and confidence in a bunch of kids against a Premier League first team is no mean feat. It was a second half performance by Liverpool that will live in everybody’s memory for a long time - ESPECIALLY ANCELLOTI’S !!

Just a great TEAM performance.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:15 pm wrote:I've been watching us for nearly half a century and that's probably the best derby win I've ever seen. Make no mistake about it Everton were massive, massive favourites going into that game, talk about punching above your weight, what a performance from the lads. That game will go down in Merseyside folklore.
Each and every one of them did the badge proud today.

Some of those lads have a very bright and red future ahead of them. Particularly Williams, Phillips, Jones and Elliott.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:37 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:03 pm wrote:f*cking hell, how much of a B team do we have to field for Everton to have a chance against us? :laugh:

Great performance from the lads, especially happy for Jones and Elliot who had good games, especially for Jones with that beauty. Special mention for Adrian who kept us in the game in the first half, and Lallana who probably had his best game in a while, led the kids well by example.

We're through to the next round and rested our main guys, can't ask for more than that. Only downside is Milner's injury but I'm sure he won't be out for too long, if at all.

Ox looked fit tonight, great to see. In some respects in Milner gets a 3-4 week break now and comes back fresh for the final push of the season it may not be the worst thing in the world, especially if we're chasing 2 cups and the league!! Great victory today, got to mention Gomez at CB also, while I worried playing him, he was immense. And that goal from Jones, I actually thought, 'What are you doing hitting it from there, at that angle?' and then he scored a worldie!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:42 pm

What a great game - loved the atmosphere today , those kids were just outstanding , energy , skill , effort - just brilliant
Attachments
A21DA122-A320-4FA9-8E2D-48D8149B2F46.jpeg
A21DA122-A320-4FA9-8E2D-48D8149B2F46.jpeg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Loved that game tonight. More so after the hammering some of the kids got against Villa. They showed tonight they're more than deserving of wearing that jersey. So many good performances it's hard to single anyone out but for me Williams and Jones played out of their skin. Very happy for Lallana too. And the keeper had a blinder.
My brother is a Bitters fan, full of guff before the game started, but I had faith in the nippers. And boy did they repay it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 am

Brilliant performance all over the pitch today. Having a few senior pros in there makes a world of difference when fielding a young side like that and had we of having that luxury in the league cup against Villa then we would be still fighting on that front as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:23 am

Well well well... how fantastic. Well done to everyone, so many new players have made their mark and will always remember that game. I especially liked Nathaniel Phillips, he seemed to put in a solid shift at CB maybe Lovren leaves and this lad steps up?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 am

Genuinely thought Everton would end their hoodoo against us today after some of the chances they had early on, but the younglings grew in confidence as the game progressed and it turned out to be another classic anfield evening.

Been scouring a few Everton forums and their fans are rolling with the punches...

“If I wasn't a pussy, and I bumped into one of the players in town tonight, I genuinely feel like I would be swinging for them.”

“Schneiderlin needs to be locked in a cell for a week with nothing but a replay of the Curtis Jones goal, and then finally put out of his misery with a cricket bat to the head”
Franky000

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:56 am

Franky000 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:48 am wrote:Genuinely thought Everton would end their hoodoo against us today after some of the chances they had early on, but the younglings grew in confidence as the game progressed and it turned out to be another classic anfield evening.

Been scouring a few Everton forums and their fans are rolling with the punches...

“If I wasn't a pussy, and I bumped into one of the players in town tonight, I genuinely feel like I would be swinging for them.”

“Schneiderlin needs to be locked in a cell for a week with nothing but a replay of the Curtis Jones goal, and then finally put out of his misery with a cricket bat to the head”

Have to feel for them though, I'd feel the same in their situation as well. What an embarrasing performance from their players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am

Think this defeat will be a defining moment for EFC, the fans, the new owner Moshiri  and Kenwright. They need access to someone able to put a new structure in place and spend cash. Bringing in Anchelotti changes nothing. There's no way forward until they do that and they'll always live in our shadow. It's all over for the bitters.  Sad but this city is only big enough for one club and the fan base must be really declining after so many years of playing cr@p.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:30 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am wrote:
Franky000 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:48 am wrote:Genuinely thought Everton would end their hoodoo against us today after some of the chances they had early on, but the younglings grew in confidence as the game progressed and it turned out to be another classic anfield evening.

Have to feel for them though, I'd feel the same in their situation as well. What an embarrasing performance from their players.

I did feel a little sympathy for them tbh reading through those posts  - didn’t last long though.   :devil:

I agree with reg in that they need a big overhaul - they wrongly believed that could suddenly be transformed into a big club by splashing the cash but they don’t have the right foundations in place for that.
Franky000

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Sublime goal and an excellent win against a strong Everton team, the new Liverpool team needed the first half to find their feet to show the brilliant second half sublime display which was toped by excellent Jones goal.
All the players did extremely well, However, Lallana stood out a bit more than the rest, very impressed with both full-backs.

Good Luck Lads against Spurs
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games