MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:Mo needs to forget about personal accolades and think about our fans who have been waiting 30 years for a league title.

Really poor post - do you really think Mo would put personal accolades in front of winning titles

It looks like it to me, he barely passes the ball these days and he clearly had the scoring charts in mind when he tried to take the pen yesterday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:43 pm

If Milner is on the pitch he should be taking the pen - period. Might be different if we were 3 or 4 up but not at 1-0. Immature by Salah but it won't be a problem going forward.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Yeh Milner is very consistent on penos i think he has only missed a few and scored like over 15 or something. Salah ain't too bad either on the spot however when it is crucial I'd say let Milly take it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:10 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:Mo needs to forget about personal accolades and think about our fans who have been waiting 30 years for a league title.

Really poor post - do you really think Mo would put personal accolades in front of winning titles

It looks like it to me, he barely passes the ball these days and he clearly had the scoring charts in mind when he tried to take the pen yesterday.

I agree even though he earned the penalty. Having our two strikers be neck and neck for top scorer is a double edged sword as they are competing with each other as well as being team mates. I think they have both wasted chances by being selfish but Mo seems hell bent on proving to people that last season was not a fluke and has been the more selfish of the two recently.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 pm

There were a lot of moments that were hard to watch tonight but I'm still fuming because of that Salah miss. Basically just had to hit the target from 5 yards for the ball to go in but he managed to hit the f*cking post. We still would have lost but with 3-1, we would have only needed to score 2 at Anfield to go through and score 3 if they scored 1 to go to extra time/penalties. Now we need at least 3 to go to penalties/extra time, without conceding at all. In short, with 3-1 the tie was still alive, with 3-0 however... I know we've done our share of miracles but they don't come often.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 pm

damjan193 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 pm wrote:There were a lot of moments that were hard to watch tonight but I'm still fuming because of that Salah miss. Basically just had to hit the target from 5 yards for the ball to go in but he managed to hit the f*cking post. We still would have lost but with 3-1, we would have only needed to score 2 at Anfield to go through and score 3 if they scored 1 to go to extra time/penalties. Now we need at least 3 to go to penalties/extra time, without conceding at all. In short, with 3-1 the tie was still alive, with 3-0 however... I know we've done our share of miracles but they don't come often.

Are you aware that Salah is left footed and shot with his right foot tonight!?
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 02, 2019 5:54 am

Red Rum » Wed May 01, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 pm wrote:There were a lot of moments that were hard to watch tonight but I'm still fuming because of that Salah miss. Basically just had to hit the target from 5 yards for the ball to go in but he managed to hit the f*cking post. We still would have lost but with 3-1, we would have only needed to score 2 at Anfield to go through and score 3 if they scored 1 to go to extra time/penalties. Now we need at least 3 to go to penalties/extra time, without conceding at all. In short, with 3-1 the tie was still alive, with 3-0 however... I know we've done our share of miracles but they don't come often.

Are you aware that Salah is left footed and shot with his right foot tonight!?

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu May 02, 2019 7:27 am

Agreed! it was a terrible missed chance and one you can't have at this levels..Thought Mo was pretty lively on the right side but if he can't deliver the basics then it's really all shiite.
Mo is not a consistent finisher but this miss...Wow..A dagger in the heart.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu May 02, 2019 8:10 am

Mo should not be singled out but yeah it was the worse of three misses.

I can only hope Mo, Mane and Bobby have a few meetings between themselves before the return leg on what they are going to do to redeem the abysmal showing in Spain.

We expect them to come out breathing fire........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Thu May 02, 2019 9:16 am

Awful miss. Would have been a priceless away goal.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 10:41 am

All 3 misses were bad, granted Salah's was the worst but it would have only been a conciliation, the worst miss in terms of deciding the outcome of the tie was Mane's, at that point we were only 1 down and had Barca under the cosh, their fans were even getting on their back, if he puts that in there's a good chance they would have crumbled.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu May 02, 2019 3:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 10:41 am wrote:All 3 misses were bad, granted Salah's was the worst but it would have only been a conciliation, the worst miss in terms of deciding the outcome of the tie was Mane's, at that point we were only 1 down and had Barca under the cosh, their fans were even getting on their back, if he puts that in there's a good chance they would have crumbled.

Spot on, the impetus would have taken us through to a result  even if it was a draw I reckon.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am wrote:All 3 misses were bad, granted Salah's was the worst but it would have only been a conciliation, the worst miss in terms of deciding the outcome of the tie was Mane's, at that point we were only 1 down and had Barca under the cosh, their fans were even getting on their back, if he puts that in there's a good chance they would have crumbled.

It would have been far more than a conciliation goal mate, an away goal would have been crucial even with 3 goals conceded, but without it our task is twice as difficult. With this result, we'll need another Istanbul miracle to go through, but if we had an away goal we would have needed to win 2-0, which is not easy but at least not impossible. Now we need 3-0 just to go to extra time/penalties. So basically, we need 4-0 to go through, while with Salah goal we would have needed only 2-0.

Mane's and Milner's miss were more important probably, but they weren't 5 yard empty goal misses. Mane's and Milner's miss are forgivable, Salah's isn't, not at this level.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 4:42 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am wrote:All 3 misses were bad, granted Salah's was the worst but it would have only been a conciliation, the worst miss in terms of deciding the outcome of the tie was Mane's, at that point we were only 1 down and had Barca under the cosh, their fans were even getting on their back, if he puts that in there's a good chance they would have crumbled.

It would have been far more than a conciliation goal mate, an away goal would have been crucial even with 3 goals conceded, but without it our task is twice as difficult. With this result, we'll need another Istanbul miracle to go through, but if we had an away goal we would have needed to win 2-0, which is not easy but at least not impossible. Now we need 3-0 just to go to extra time/penalties. So basically, we need 4-0 to go through, while with Salah goal we would have needed only 2-0.

Mane's and Milner's miss were more important probably, but they weren't 5 yard empty goal misses. Mane's and Milner's miss are forgivable, Salah's isn't, not at this level.

Mane's miss came at a time when the game was still in the balance, obviously Salah's goal would have helped, heck any goal would have helped but at 3-0 all a late goal would have done is make a very difficult task slightly less difficult.
IMO the game and probably the entire tie was lost in that period between their first and second goals when we had a lot of the ball but couldn't really break them down, hence why I think Mane's miss was more crucial.
Btw can anyone remember what the score was when Milner missed?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 02, 2019 5:42 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 pm wrote:

Mane's miss came at a time when the game was still in the balance, obviously Salah's goal would have helped, heck any goal would have helped but at 3-0 all a late goal would have done is make a very difficult task slightly less difficult.
IMO the game and probably the entire tie was lost in that period between their first and second goals when we had a lot of the ball but couldn't really break them down, hence why I think Mane's miss was more crucial.
Btw can anyone remember what the score was when Milner missed?

Both Mane and Milner missed at 1-0. Their chances were more important yes, but we see those kind of chances missed in every game, they weren't missed from 5 yards with an empty goal in front of them.

And you definitely underestimate what Salah's goal would have given us. It wouldn't have made it just "slightly" less difficult. At the moment we need 4-0 to go through, with Salah's goal we would have needed just 2-0. That's double the goals mate, and it's definitely not just "slightly" less difficult.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion