MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 pm

He's always been head down and single minded in the final third. It's just more noticeable now because he's not scoring as many goals. But no doubt it costs us goals. I was screaming at him to slip Mane in yesterday.

Saying that, only Robertson has more assists for us and he's also joint top scorer alongside Mane. So he's directly responsible for more goals than any other player.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:40 am

devaney wrote:Some of the criticism is ridiculous. There were times yesterday when 3 Spurs players surrounded Salah when he had or got near the ball and that is not an unusual occurrence this season. He contributes effectively and frees space for other players. He also gets stuck in defensively when required. Great player and the moaners need to do one.

Agree, Salah has been earmarked by every club as our dangerman and they have been at it all season. Around the 80th minute yesterday he got the ball and straight away 3 players around him with 2 committing a challenge. How he hasn't been injured yet is beyond me.

damjan193 wrote: (who are we going to play instead anyway, Origi?).

This is a problem and not just with Mo but Bobby and Sadio as well. Hopefully Ox can come back and stay fit along with Brewster making the step up.

Eagle wrote:
Saying that, only Robertson has more assists for us and he's also joint top scorer alongside Mane. So he's directly responsible for more goals than any other player.

This /\.
To date in his career he is on course to have the 2nd best season he's ever had. Last season we were just spoilt and as a result Mo has been burdened with serious expectation from a lot of fans.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 am

What you have to remember is that Mo is not superman, he is a simple lad from a simple background and upbringing in Egypt. Compared to a far more sophisticated Ronaldo or culturally more familiar Kane, de Bruyne or spirited Aguero etc... Mo must feel he's being swept along in a process over which he has little or no control. He's a simple lad and he's trying to keep his head above water but equally LFC are at fault by not being able to rest the lad because we have such a thin squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:42 am

I really hoped that goal was his against Spurs. The lad just needs a goal to get things moving. However I'm still certain he will bang in a good few goals in EPL and UCL.
Salah is class, love the fella.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maximus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 pm

I hope the lad is on the verge of giving someone a good spanking with a few goals.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:47 pm

I hope the lad is on the verge of giving someone a good spanking with a few goals.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:41 am

Salah scored 44 last term, but only scored 20 this term.
And no goals since Feb 9th.

He's having a lean spell.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:28 am

Salah 50 goals

https://youtu.be/rBWXYQZpEl8

Enjoy
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:14 am

Mohamed Salah named one of world's 100 most influential people by Time

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47967364
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:53 pm

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/04/22/video-salahs-angry-reaction-after-milner-snatched-ball-from-him-to-take-late-liverpool-penalty-at-cardiff/?utm_source=rsn&utm_medium=rsn&utm_campaign=gac0021&fbclid=IwAR3zgsaz4H4UKwjuEF84dxyHGD2IjeQxvhG_59Jni6rvS_sp644kVjIc-Uc

Surprised no one posted this, question is should Salah have taken it knowing a goal would have given him the outright lead in the top scorer? Was it Klopp’s decision or Milner’s? Did that Milner celebration have anything to do with what Salah might have said to him? Hope it is not a thing that may fester.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm

There's a reason why Milner is our main penalty taker, don't remember the last time he's missed. Salah had no reason to take the ball himself, golden boot or not, the team comes first. He had plenty of chances to score in that game anyway. It was an important penalty and Milner was in the right to take the ball off Salah.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:33 pm

I never feel too confident when Mo takes pens - he never looks assured to me. Milner on the other hand is tailor made for the job .

1-0 was not enough - it never is, we had to get the second.  Best man for the job ? Milner - end of.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Mo needs to forget about personal accolades and think about our fans who have been waiting 30 years for a league title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:48 pm

It’s a  nothing story - Mo wanted to take the Pen , Milner said I’m having Mo will obviously be a touch disappointed but accepts it - when the goal goes in guess who rushes to Milner to celebrate- Mo

And remember this is the same Mo Salah who gave the penalty to Bobby so he can score his hat trick

Mo has always been about the team first
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 pm wrote:Mo needs to forget about personal accolades and think about our fans who have been waiting 30 years for a league title.

Really poor post - do you really think Mo would put personal accolades in front of winning titles
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion