Tottenham v LIVERPOOL Sun 22nd Oct 4.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:15 pm

devaney » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:Yakka let's keep it real. Nobody is suggesting that we should be spending more than City. If you are happy that we have spent £33m during the same period that City spent £280m then I admire your positivity. Unfortunately though the reality is that we will get absolutely nowhere spending less than an eighth of what City have spent. And let's face it they had a far superior squad before they spent £280m. Have we really fallen that far behind. At this rate Yakka I'll be joining the whinge committee.

We haven't spent £33m though mate, that may be our net spend but in reality we have wasted an absolute fortune over the years on players that haven't been good enough.
We've probably spent over £100m on players that never really got anywhere the first team like Borini, Aspas, Assidi, Lambert, Balotelli etc etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:52 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:15 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 pm wrote:Yakka let's keep it real. Nobody is suggesting that we should be spending more than City. If you are happy that we have spent £33m during the same period that City spent £280m then I admire your positivity. Unfortunately though the reality is that we will get absolutely nowhere spending less than an eighth of what City have spent. And let's face it they had a far superior squad before they spent £280m. Have we really fallen that far behind. At this rate Yakka I'll be joining the whinge committee.

We haven't spent £33m though mate, that may be our net spend but in reality we have wasted an absolute fortune over the years on players that haven't been good enough.
We've probably spent over £100m on players that never really got anywhere the first team like Borini, Aspas, Assidi, Lambert, Balotelli etc etc

Agreed Yakka not only have we spent very little in real terms we have also wasted a veritable shed load of money that we received from the sale of players. I'd also include Carroll,Benteke and Markovic in the not good enough category.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:48 pm

In true American fashion they love to talk the talk, but never walk the walk.

Fact: the net spend under their tenure has been less than 30 million, during a time where the PL has seen insane growth.
That is a fact and that will never be enough unless you hit spot on every single time.

I'm tired of reports saying FSG would really have spent this and that, it was just "insert excuse" that came up.
"Reports" are NOT facts and I prefer to go by what has actually happened.
In typical American fashion they let the club borrow money from them and add that loan to the value of the club.
Just absolute horse****, and in essence means they won't put a penny of their own money into the club and are just interested in taking out profit.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Penguins wrote:In true American fashion they love to talk the talk, but never walk the walk.

Fact: the net spend under their tenure has been less than 30 million, during a time where the PL has seen insane growth.
That is a fact and that will never be enough unless you hit spot on every single time.

I'm tired of reports saying FSG would really have spent this and that, it was just "insert excuse" that came up.
"Reports" are NOT facts and I prefer to go by what has actually happened.
In typical American fashion they let the club borrow money from them and add that loan to the value of the club.
Just absolute horse****, and in essence means they won't put a penny of their own money into the club and are just interested in taking out profit.

Yet people have been so hoodwinked that it’ll take a crisis until they realise they’re being shafted
Franky000

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:16 pm

That Brad Pitt movie MoneyBall does quite well in explaining how they work within the sports industry. Lo and behold even John Henry is mentioned in that movie.

We've seen them sell off our main assets but what I'm quite surprised is how for the first time they stuck to their word and kept Coutinho.
Who knows maybe they know how the market is inflated and Couts price could potentially increase so best to keep him for a year and eventually sell him at a sky high price next summer/window. It's a win situation for them really.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:43 pm wrote:......we are regarded as the most exciting team to watch in the division.

Really?   Who told you that?    Regarded by whom as the most exciting team to watch in the division?

I'd say every other team in the division will be excited at the prospect of playing us these days, but only because if ever there were three points on a plate just sitting waiting to be taken, it's a game against us with our current frailties.

I had been a bit unforgiving of Coutinho in the past as regards his desire to leave our club, but looking at our current form, why on earth would he possibly want to stay, unless he's some kind of masochist?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games