WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - Sat 22nd jan 12;45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:54 pm

It wasnt really 30 passes, the final "pass" to torres was Dirk Kuyt shooting but fell over under a tackle as he tried to toe poke it towards goal and it fell for Torres, I dont care how hard he works, hes lost 4 yards of pace now, which means he moves backwards, he had a few one on ones, one where he had 15 yards on the last defender, who caught him up, we need rid of him.

Loved the display today though jizzed in my pants when Meireles hit that volley :) wooooo

Just hope its not a false dawn
Last edited by OneHotRed on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Steve Crooks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:24 pm

We played like a team today.. Torres was sharp and well up for it. Merieles was excellent and so was Lucas. Poulson showed he can actually do a job as a holding midfielder plus he had good vision and passing to spot Merieles's run who squared it for Torres first goal..

Since Kenny has been back the whole mood has improved greatly. But the underlying movement has been completely about becoming a proper football club again and doing everything with class and above all together as a team. As supporters we should do our duty and get behind ALL our players. So long as they pull on that red shirt we support them even Poulson and Konchesky.

C'mon!! The red machine is back and it is ready to take on all before us!
Steve Crooks

Postby burjennio » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Good performance stunning goal and most importantly Glen Johnson finally got rid of that stupid hairdo
burjennio

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Overall certainly encouraging. It was a great result and a good performance however lets not get carried away just yet.

Mixed in amongst the good stuff, in the second half especially, there was some very poor passing, poor decision making and a lot of just hoofing the ball away as Wolves applied the pressure.

We're looking better than we have for some time but it'll take more than one very good result before I put my party hat on.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:49 pm

only me wrote:Lucas was great today??? WTF were you watching?? How many stupid unneccsesery fouls the lad gave today near the box? he is a low quality hysterical CM which we don't need here.

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mkingdom » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 pm

I understand those asking for caution etc, but let's be honest, a 0-3 win away would have been unthinkable just a few short weeks ago.

We looked like LFC, we played almost like them, and we also fought a very physical Wolves all day.

With the 2 or 3 additions that seem likely, we can push on, and yes there will be poor results along the way, but let's enjoy today, the performance, and the fact that we're recognisable as Liverpool again.
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:56 pm

well two very winnable home games coming up against fulham and stoke. the difference this time though of course is that we'll have to break them down. we can't rely on the counter attack. i'd really like to see joe cole figuring more prominently in these two games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:30 pm

only me wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:So relieved Lvp at last got that 1st win for Kenny. Good score BUT since the Meireles' superb volley, Lvp were happy to rest on their laurels and gave Wolves most of the possession and lucky we grabbed a 3rd goal to kill off the game. Also we had the poor finishing of Wolves to thank for.
Poulsen and Lukas were mediocre, Stevie G was sorely missed.
Good score but played awful football in the 2nd half where they were happy to just kick the ball away into the Wolves half.

lucas was great today

i disagree we were poor 2nd half, its just they upped their game, we had to defend deeper and counter attack

Lucas was great today??? WTF were you watching?? How many stupid unneccsesery fouls the lad gave today near the box? he is a low quality hysterical CM which we don't need here.

You're in a very small minority with that opinion mate.

Tell you what, create a thread that polls whether Lucas was great, average or poor. Tell me what the egg on your face is like after yeah...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:34 pm

only me wrote:Lucas was great today??? WTF were you watching?? How many stupid unneccsesery fouls the lad gave today near the box? he is a low quality hysterical CM which we don't need here.

Lucas played great today I dont know what your on about?

Poulson didnt do much wrong the first half, second half he was a liability kept giving the ball away and passing it to men in orange shirts, glad he was taken off. But Lucas apart from the silly foul on the edge of the box he played really well.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:I feckin love the King he was well buzzin for all our goals, great win although a bit nervy at times in the second half could have had about 6 if we kept the pressure on.

Well in redmen, thank you king Kenny  :buttrock

Feck off project Owl !!!

Are you saying that Hodgson had nothing to do with todays victory?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Wow, the season may have just been resurrected for me!
Very good away win... Onwards and upwards!!!!

And pls get the Suarez transfer completed... Him and Torres would have had a field day today...

think im the only one who doesnt want suarez now

buying suarez means 442, and 442 with our wingers is pointless

were best suited to the 451 or 433 when attacking at the mo

Suarez is better in both the formations you mentioned. For  me the problem is where does Miereles go when Stevie comes back, personally id have him on the right instead of Kuyt.

Torres

Suarez/      Miereles       Gerrard
                    Suso
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Steve Crooks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:27 pm

mkingdom wrote:I understand those asking for caution etc, but let's be honest, a 0-3 win away would have been unthinkable just a few short weeks ago.

We looked like LFC, we played almost like them, and we also fought a very physical Wolves all day.

With the 2 or 3 additions that seem likely, we can push on, and yes there will be poor results along the way, but let's enjoy today, the performance, and the fact that we're recognisable as Liverpool again.

Absolutelytootly! Well said!  :nod
Steve Crooks

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 pm

just got back,what a great 2nd half of football by us.
Meireles outstanding, the amount of ground he coverd today was stunning. ok so been a bit of a fan of his anyway but today i hope he has shown what he can give to the team and other fans will now get off his back.
in all the whole team was good, the passing in the first half was notas good as the 2nd half.

one big thing our players have got to stop doing is giving away fre kicks when they jump for the ball, at one time i think they gave away 4 in 4 mins for doing that.

Lucas
what can you say...god i ave givien this guy stick over the last year but today in my view he was the 3rd best player in the team......who was 2nd? Shelvey , yep thats right Shelvey , when he come on he just looked class.
A word on Torres, he was good today, looked a lot fitter and up for it, there were a few times his head dropped down and he also found himself out of Position a few times...but who cares as there was a lot more plus points.

Kelly.....was a big game for him, he was marked out as the weak link today by them and yes he did make a few mistakes. he stood his ground well most of the time, he got it in him to be a great liverpool player.

great game, great to see kenny again with his arm up, the last time i saw him was his last game as our manager.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:34 pm

only me wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:So relieved Lvp at last got that 1st win for Kenny. Good score BUT since the Meireles' superb volley, Lvp were happy to rest on their laurels and gave Wolves most of the possession and lucky we grabbed a 3rd goal to kill off the game. Also we had the poor finishing of Wolves to thank for.
Poulsen and Lukas were mediocre, Stevie G was sorely missed.
Good score but played awful football in the 2nd half where they were happy to just kick the ball away into the Wolves half.

lucas was great today

i disagree we were poor 2nd half, its just they upped their game, we had to defend deeper and counter attack

Lucas was great today??? WTF were you watching?? How many stupid unneccsesery fouls the lad gave today near the box? he is a low quality hysterical CM which we don't need here.

look mate, most time i would say you was right, but in all he was very good today, his passing rate was much better and and was putting in some great ball in build up play.
yes theres were times he gave away free kicks but in truth he was not the only one getting them for jumping, it needs to be sorted out.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:36 pm

oh one more thing................how fit was that lineswomen. she bent over right in front of me.....nice you know what.

sorry to any women members...Ciggy :D     but she was very nice lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games