Tottenham v LIVERPOOL Sun 22nd Oct 4.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:28 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm wrote:Why are you so convinced Klopp will fix this? We have played with an incredibly poor defence and a goalkeeper who is prone to making serious mistakes since Klopp arrived and just what has he done to fix this? Oh yes he got Matip on a free !!

Klopp claimed quite ridiculously that Maribor were a very good team after we thrashed them 7-0 !! Today reality has hit him hard !! Just where do we go from here?

Because Ancelotti will never come here. And bringing back Rafa wouldn't work either. So where do we turn?

I rate Klopp but he's made some big mistakes in the summer and he deserves the time to sort it out.

I agree its mistakes in the summer that is costing us.

A terrible result today against spurs who totally took advantage of our weak back line. Klopp must sort this mess out at the back and like you said mate should be given time to set it right.

Well on the bright side we are lucky we are only 3 points off 4th. Spurs imo will seal top 4 easily. Pochetino has done a brilliant job there. They are a very well balanced, organised and committed side. Harry Kane is a ruthless top quality striker.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:29 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:18 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm wrote:We got mugged by a very very good Spurs team today.

Horrendous defending from Lovren put on the back foot from the off. But we're still only 3 points behind 4th placed Chelsea with 29 games still to play.

Before everybody starts throwing themselves off a cliff through disappointment, show a little faith that Klopp will get it sorted.

YNWA

WHAT are you smoking, mate?

So what are you saying? Get rid of Klopp and bring someone else in? And what happens when the new manager goes through a tough spell (which he invariably will)? Get someone else in? And then someone else after that?
Klopp needs to be given the time to get things right.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Klopp reminds me of another Gerard Houllier. He thinks that our shoddy defenders :Matip Lovren Gomez moreno etc are actually good, and our midfield of hendo, can milner and wjnaldum are actually world beaters. Just like Houlliers troops of Biscan,smicer. Baros and danny Murphy, were atrocious. All the fans can see our players are sub standard, so the man is delusional if he thinks we are going in the right direction
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 pm wrote:Klopp reminds me of another Gerard Houllier. He thinks that our shoddy defenders :Matip Lovren Gomez moreno etc are actually good, and our midfield of hendo, can milner and wjnaldum are actually world beaters. Just like Houlliers troops of Biscan,smicer. Baros and danny Murphy, were atrocious

Klopps nothing like Houllier, in fact he's pretty much the polar opposite to Gerard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 pm wrote:Klopp reminds me of another Gerard Houllier. He thinks that our shoddy defenders :Matip Lovren Gomez moreno etc are actually good, and our midfield of hendo, can milner and wjnaldum are actually world beaters. Just like Houlliers troops of Biscan,smicer. Baros and danny Murphy, were atrocious

Klopps nothing like Houllier, in fact he's pretty much the polar opposite to Gerard.

Disagree
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm wrote:

Disagree

Disagree? For a start Houllier used to talk absolute rubbish about New Zidane's, Next Platini's and us being 5 games away from greatness when we were halfway down the league. For all his faults Jurgen is pretty honest in his assessments.
And their playing styles couldn't be further apart, under Houllier opposition fans used to chant hoof at us, under Klopp we are regarded as the most exciting team to watch in the division.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:13 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 pm wrote:Hopefully we will be able to look back on today as a bit of a watershed, there's no getting around the fact that some of those players are just not good enough for this club. No matter how hard we work on our system, no matter how many Kilometres we run in a game, if we keep on making individual errors we will go nowhere.
Spurs weren't particularly creative today yet they scored 4 goals, they didn't have to be creative though, our defence did all the hard work for them. All Spurs did was punish our errors.

Mate how many more games does he need to watch for the shoe to fall? Something is wrong with Klopp..And it has nothing to do with FSG they gave him the funds..

To be fair to Jurgen he knows we need a CB and DM, he lined up 2 quality players in VVD and Keita and convinced them both to turn down clubs like City, Chelsea and Barcelona to come here. Van Dijk was pretty much a done deal until someone inside the club told the press that he was coming here.
We are heading in the right direction.

Mate that's next year...what about THIS year? Not good enough
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 pm

I have to confess I was never overly confident of a result as soon as Milner was included in the starting eleven, I mean we all knew this would be an intense game were Spurs would come out of the blocks flying so to put a player who at top speed looks like he's running through f*cking quicksand was never a well thought out tactical ploy.

Its become more than evident that Can's keen football brain has an off switch that flicks over into zombie mode when his feet cant be arsed,and it was always on the cards that Lovren would have a game to make Lindeloff look defensively sound and Mignolet would add to his ever growing list of defensive clangers that is now threatening to be longer than one of Klopp's pouts.

Our defense is the proverbial house of cards, only far less rigid,but hey, we all knew this when the window closed and predicted it would come back to bite the manager on the *****,and guess what  ???  It's done exactly that !

Spudz weren't even that good today and lets face it ,they didn't have to be, as our defense and midfield were seemingly prepared to hand out  goals like a f*cking clown gifts balloons.

Plus points ,scant I know ,but as we sift through the wreckage..... we still dominated possession, and  Can has provided a definitive answer to that old chestnut should he stay or should he go, and Milner has showed (hopefully )to those clamoring for him to start in our midfield that speed of thought does not compensate for dead legs and finally Mignolet and Lovren now have less chance of getting a start at Huddersfield than the KKK have of electing a black Grand Dragon.

So after hitting rock bottom and suffering a defensive display that was yet again beyond embarrassing at least we have watched the careers of three Liverpool players confirmed and definitively decided by possibly the worst defensive display we have seen since we had Torben Piechnik in our back four ,the only way is up .......SURELY  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:59 pm

only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm wrote:

So what are you saying? Let's get rid of him? And how long will it be before our 'fans' start getting on the new man's back like they got on Rafa's, Kenny's and Brendan's?
We can't keep going round in circles. Jurgen is a top manager, he's been here 2 years and took us to 2 finals and a top 4 finish, he is doing a good job. We are going through a tough spell but so what? They happen in football, the likes of Bill Shankly and Alex Ferguson etc went through prolonged tough spells.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:03 pm

As long as the merchandise sells and people keep buying tickets nobody upstairs will give a Sh*t about results like this! It gets my goat how we haven't held mass protests already - we saw how they buckled under pressure from fans during the ticket price hikes...let's f*cking hound them down! That is unless we're happy to settle for mid table for seasons to come?
Last edited by Franky000 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franky000

Postby only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:59 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm wrote:

So what are you saying? Let's get rid of him? And how long will it be before our 'fans' start getting on the new man's back like they got on Rafa's, Kenny's and Brendan's?
We can't keep going round in circles. Jurgen is a top manager, he's been here 2 years and took us to 2 finals and a top 4 finish, he is doing a good job. We are going through a tough spell but so what? They happen in football, the likes of Bill Shankly and Alex Ferguson etc went through prolonged tough spells.

Mate I don't what to do with him but at least keep it real he fcked it up..this isn't a tough spell it's a predicted result to a terrible preparation for the season..the least you could do is admit it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Absolute shambles and I just can't believe what I have seen. The defensive mistakes were ones you don't even see at school boy level. Tactically, oppo managers are having our number. Sit back and give us the ball and hit us on the counter. Spurs did not have to work for any of their goals. We usually do well gets the bigger sides, a feature of last season, and yes we beat Arsenal 4-0 but that's a 5-0 loss to City and a 4-1 loss to spurs now.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 pm

Embarrassing defensively once again.. Klopp has to take full responsibility by not strengthening in the summer. We were short up top when Mane got injured and Klopp failed to get cover in the January window. It's like we can see the future because it's so obvious where it's going wrong, but Klopp on £7m a year can't see it?

Lovren and Mignolet should never play for this club again.. we've given them both endless times to prove their worth and both have failed miserably time and time again.

Milner should never play in CM again, he's way too slow in that position and the 2nd spurs goal proved that.

Can might aswell just pack up and go as his head is already in a juve shirt.

I can't believe after scraping through to finishing 4th and having supposedly £200m to spend we've somehow ended up with a worse team
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:57 pm wrote:I have to confess I was never overly confident of a result as soon as Milner was included in the starting eleven, I mean we all knew this would be an intense game were Spurs would come out of the blocks flying so to put a player who at top speed looks like he's running through f*cking quicksand was never a well thought out tactical ploy.

Its become more than evident that Can's keen football brain has an off switch that flicks over into zombie mode when his feet cant be arsed,and it was always on the cards that Lovren would have a game to make Lindeloff look defensively sound and Mignolet would add to his ever growing list of defensive clangers that is now threatening to be longer than one of Klopp's pouts.

Our defense is the proverbial house of cards, only far less rigid,but hey, we all knew this when the window closed and predicted it would come back to bite the manager on the *****,and guess what  ???  It's done exactly that !

Spudz weren't even that good today and lets face it ,they didn't have to be, as our defense and midfield were seemingly prepared to hand out  goals like a f*cking clown gifts balloons.

Plus points ,scant I know ,but as we sift through the wreckage..... we still dominated possession, and  Can has provided a definitive answer to that old chestnut should he stay or should he go, and Milner has showed (hopefully )to those clamoring for him to start in our midfield that speed of thought does not compensate for dead legs and finally Mignolet and Lovren now have less chance of getting a start at Huddersfield than the KKK have of electing a black Grand Dragon.

So after hitting rock bottom and suffering a defensive display that was yet again beyond embarrassing at least we have watched the careers of three Liverpool players confirmed and definitively decided by possibly the worst defensive display we have seen since we had Torben Piechnik in our back four ,the only way is up .......SURELY  ???

Good post mate, as bad as Lovren's missed header was if anyone else but Milner was tracking Son then that goal might have been prevented.
We'd actually ridden the early storm and got ourselves back into the game and just before Ali scored I was quietly confident that we would at the very least get a draw out of it, that header from Matip though back into the danger area basically finished the game as a meaningful contest. As bad as Lovrens and Mingolets ***** up's were it was actually Matip's ***** up which cost us the game.
Speaking of Mingolet I thought he should have done much better for the first goal and Ali's shot and as for the free kick.... :no , honestly, how many times over the years have we seen that particular flap? The way he flies through the air like superman with one arm outstretched only to palm it into the path of an opposition player? We must have seen that dozens and dozens of times.
I'd start Ward from now on. He can't be any worse.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:18 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:16 pm wrote:We got mugged by a very very good Spurs team today.

Horrendous defending from Lovren put on the back foot from the off. But we're still only 3 points behind 4th placed Chelsea with 29 games still to play.

Before everybody starts throwing themselves off a cliff through disappointment, show a little faith that Klopp will get it sorted.

YNWA

WHAT are you smoking, mate?

So what are you saying? Get rid of Klopp and bring someone else in? And what happens when the new manager goes through a tough spell (which he invariably will)? Get someone else in? And then someone else after that?
Klopp needs to be given the time to get things right.

Two F'kin years he is looking at the same dogshyte defending. Two F'kin years we are looking at the reincarnation of Calamity James between the sticks. Two F'kin years and we STILL don't have a Captain with cojones. FOUR transfer windows and none of the above has changed.
Your point is.....what, exactly??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games