WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - Sat 22nd jan 12;45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:52 pm

lakes10 wrote:
only me wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:So relieved Lvp at last got that 1st win for Kenny. Good score BUT since the Meireles' superb volley, Lvp were happy to rest on their laurels and gave Wolves most of the possession and lucky we grabbed a 3rd goal to kill off the game. Also we had the poor finishing of Wolves to thank for.
Poulsen and Lukas were mediocre, Stevie G was sorely missed.
Good score but played awful football in the 2nd half where they were happy to just kick the ball away into the Wolves half.

lucas was great today

i disagree we were poor 2nd half, its just they upped their game, we had to defend deeper and counter attack

Lucas was great today??? WTF were you watching?? How many stupid unneccsesery fouls the lad gave today near the box? he is a low quality hysterical CM which we don't need here.

look mate, most time i would say you was right, but in all he was very good today, his passing rate was much better and and was putting in some great ball in build up play.
yes theres were times he gave away free kicks but in truth he was not the only one getting them for jumping, it needs to be sorted out.

i thought lucas had a decent game today.he can have so many bad traits to his play but he left them all at home today and was one of our better players behind nando and merieles.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't think Lucas was great, he was decent and tidy but not great, he didn't influence the game. Meireles was great and influenced our attacking play
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 pm

metalhead wrote:I don't think Lucas was great, he was decent and tidy but not great, he didn't influence the game. Meireles was great and influenced our attacking play

for he was our 3rd best player, he sa so much of the ball if he was not on form we would have not won, thats why i saida great game, ok so most of that is due to how poor i think of the guy so he did stand out more to me in that way.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:I was wrong about Meireles in that position behind Torres, at least for away games it worked today where I feel it didn't last week.

Lucas looks more at ease under Kenny, as do most of the others too, still thought we looked shaky at times especially Skrtel but on the counter attack on a heavy pitch was really pleased how well we passed the ball.

Couple of new players next week touch wood.

Agree with you on that.  Last week I thought he was poor compared to what he's made us expect from him.  Fantastic today though.

If we get Suarez, we just need to get Ashley Young as well.  Can Charlie Adam play on the left wing?  Either way if we can get that better winger and then a left back as well, switch Johnson to right mid and we could have the couple of decent wingers in the 4 2 2.  RM and SG in the middle and we could be looking much stronger, especially when Carra comes back and swaps in for Skrtel.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 pm

burjennio wrote:Good performance stunning goal and most importantly Glen Johnson finally got rid of that stupid hairdo

:D  like it mate! & there was me thinking i was the only one thinking he was more worryed about his fecking hair style than getting his backside into gear & actually realising he has to fight for his place in the side right now!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 am

Liverpool committed too many fouls, ratio of 3:1 compare to Wolves and consequently gave away too many free kicks.

We are still recuperating and don't expect any miracles. Though we won with an excellent scoreline, after the brilliant 2nd goal, Lvp were contented and Wolves had most of the possession. This is not the Liverpool way, I remember the great Lvp of the past were not like this, where they would push for another goal everytime they scored. Had we been playing a stronger side like Man U Ars, we would have been slaughtered with this kind of play.

Also we are too dependent on Torres for goals. Imagine if Torres didn't play yesterday, scary thought isn't it? That's why I feel we must get Suarez regardless of the price (he will be a long term investment anyway) to partner Torres and to take over Torres role if he leaves in the Summer (No CL football, very likely).
alwayslfc

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:13 am

Funny in it how Konchesky was named on the bench and ten minutes later he got jibbed for Patcheco , Kenny must of realised and gone oops what did i do there , wrong name  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:59 am

Yes very funny....We go to an away game against a relegation form team and "forget" to bring some attackers as backup....Thank god somebody twitted Kenny...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Edit: wrong thread
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Any links to that 30 pass goal? Would be nice to see
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:56 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Any links to that 30 pass goal? Would be nice to see

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WntL_5hYjdI&feature=player_embedded
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 pm

:censored: me if that had been Man Utd/chelsea/arsenal match of the day would have been taken off air due to linekar and shearer cracking one out on live tv.

But its LFC so no mention ???
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

stmichael wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:Any links to that 30 pass goal? Would be nice to see

here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WntL_5hYjdI&feature=player_embedded

That really was some nice passing.  Sometimes it was slowed simple movement then out of nowhere they would have four quick one-touch passes opening up the pitch like crazy.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 am

ethanr wrote:That really was some nice passing.  Sometimes it was slowed simple movement then out of nowhere they would have four quick one-touch passes opening up the pitch like crazy.

just like we used to do back in the day when....

...Kenny was last in charge.  :Oo:  :upside:  :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 am

I thought it was a superb display, the only weak links for me were Poulsen and Kuyt and to some extent Skyrtel. If we can find new players for those positions, and we have 2 returning form injury/suspension, then we will be pretty good again. We need that second striker though because if Nando gets injured we'll really be in the sh1t.

All in all its the first Liverpool game I've enjoyed watching for a long long time, some of the moves were beautiful.
worcester_red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games