Tottenham v LIVERPOOL Sun 22nd Oct 4.00pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:57 pm wrote:I have to confess I was never overly confident of a result as soon as Milner was included in the starting eleven, I mean we all knew this would be an intense game were Spurs would come out of the blocks flying so to put a player who at top speed looks like he's running through f*cking quicksand was never a well thought out tactical ploy.

Its become more than evident that Can's keen football brain has an off switch that flicks over into zombie mode when his feet cant be arsed,and it was always on the cards that Lovren would have a game to make Lindeloff look defensively sound and Mignolet would add to his ever growing list of defensive clangers that is now threatening to be longer than one of Klopp's pouts.

Our defense is the proverbial house of cards, only far less rigid,but hey, we all knew this when the window closed and predicted it would come back to bite the manager on the *****,and guess what  ???  It's done exactly that !

Spudz weren't even that good today and lets face it ,they didn't have to be, as our defense and midfield were seemingly prepared to hand out  goals like a f*cking clown gifts balloons.

Plus points ,scant I know ,but as we sift through the wreckage..... we still dominated possession, and  Can has provided a definitive answer to that old chestnut should he stay or should he go, and Milner has showed (hopefully )to those clamoring for him to start in our midfield that speed of thought does not compensate for dead legs and finally Mignolet and Lovren now have less chance of getting a start at Huddersfield than the KKK have of electing a black Grand Dragon.

So after hitting rock bottom and suffering a defensive display that was yet again beyond embarrassing at least we have watched the careers of three Liverpool players confirmed and definitively decided by possibly the worst defensive display we have seen since we had Torben Piechnik in our back four ,the only way is up .......SURELY  ???

Good post mate, as bad as Lovren's missed header was if anyone else but Milner was tracking Son then that goal might have been prevented.
We'd actually ridden the early storm and got ourselves back into the game and just before Ali scored I was quietly confident that we would at the very least get a draw out of it, that header from Matip though back into the danger area basically finished the game as a meaningful contest. As bad as Lovrens and Mingolets ***** up's were it was actually Matip's ***** up which cost us the game.
Speaking of Mingolet I thought he should have done much better for the first goal and Ali's shot and as for the free kick.... :no , honestly, how many times over the years have we seen that particular flap? The way he flies through the air like superman with one arm outstretched only to palm it into the path of an opposition player? We must have seen that dozens and dozens of times.
I'd start Ward from now on. He can't be any worse.

Klopps post match is worth seeing mate,the man is inwardly seething and doesn't curb his words,that performance was arguably our nadir so I'm presuming the only way is up now, drop Lovren play Gomez at CB and play Grujic at DM and let Henderson push forward to support the attack but we need a player who will put his foot in mate to give that defense some protection , some fans may not agree but I would gladly give my high teeth for a DM who reads the game as well as Lucas right now.

I agree with Ward being given a chance,because Mignolet has lost the support of 100% of Liverpool fans its not just the usual dissenters.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 pm

I would prefer if Klopp just plays Gomez instead of Lovren or even play Can there.. Lovren must be sold in the summer that lad can't defend to save his life. He shouldn't be here and should've been sold in the summer.
If Klopp wants to fix our problems he really needs to be ruthless and get rid of the shyte we have here.
We've got many average players that just need the boot. You would've thought 2 clean sheets and the lads will be confident, focused and resilient.
This has to be the worst backline we've had in our history. I can't remember a defense as bad as this one. I think even Kwarme, Babbs, Kyriagos ( Greek fella can't spell his name), Were better than Lovren.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm

only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:59 pm wrote:
only me » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm wrote:
Mate that's next year...what about THIS year? Not good enough

So what are you saying? Let's get rid of him? And how long will it be before our 'fans' start getting on the new man's back like they got on Rafa's, Kenny's and Brendan's?
We can't keep going round in circles. Jurgen is a top manager, he's been here 2 years and took us to 2 finals and a top 4 finish, he is doing a good job. We are going through a tough spell but so what? They happen in football, the likes of Bill Shankly and Alex Ferguson etc went through prolonged tough spells.

Mate I don't what to do with him but at least keep it real he fcked it up..this isn't a tough spell it's a predicted result to a terrible preparation for the season..the least you could do is admit it.

Do you think I'm *****.ing celebrating here or something? Of course our defence needed strengthening, Jurgen and the club knew it too because they were prepared to pay a *****.ing world record fee for a defender to bring Van Dijk here. Van Dijk is never worth £60m in a million years but the club was prepared to pay it because they knew our backline is shyte.
We didn't go for anyone else because we obviously thought Southampton would crack at the last minute and take the £60m and tbh they should have, I've watched a few Southampton games on Sky this season and as I said he's never worth that type of money.
A lot of our fans were shouting for Michael Keane as an alternative, he looks as bad as what we've already got which takes some doing.
This is not going to be sorted in five minutes, we have to stay patient, let Jurgen do his job and see what happens.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 pm

redshade » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:30 pm wrote:I would prefer if Klopp just plays Gomez instead of Lovren or even play Can there.. Lovren must be sold in the summer that lad can't defend to save his life. He shouldn't be here and should've been sold in the summer.
If Klopp wants to fix our problems he really needs to be ruthless and get rid of the shyte we have here.
We've got many average players that just need the boot. You would've thought 2 clean sheets and the lads will be confident, focused and resilient.
This has to be the worst backline we've had in our history. I can't remember a defense as bad as this one. I think even Kwarme, Babbs, Kyriagos ( Greek fella can't spell his name), Were better than Lovren.

Soto was a good player mate, he was obviously past his best when he came here but he always gave 100%. He added some much needed steel into our backline at a time when we were seen as a soft touch. I remember Kevin Davies elbowing him in the mouth and knocking his 2 front teeth out, Soto just calmly spat them onto the side of the pitch and carried on like nothing happened, I remember that 50/50 in the Derby between him and Fellaini as well, around that time we were having problems with Cahill and Fellaini bullying our backline but big Soto came into the side and turned the tables on them, when the 2 of them went flying into each other Big Soto got a straight red and Fellaini ended up getting stretchered off!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:26 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:57 pm wrote:I have to confess I was never overly confident of a result as soon as Milner was included in the starting eleven, I mean we all knew this would be an intense game were Spurs would come out of the blocks flying so to put a player who at top speed looks like he's running through f*cking quicksand was never a well thought out tactical ploy.

Its become more than evident that Can's keen football brain has an off switch that flicks over into zombie mode when his feet cant be arsed,and it was always on the cards that Lovren would have a game to make Lindeloff look defensively sound and Mignolet would add to his ever growing list of defensive clangers that is now threatening to be longer than one of Klopp's pouts.

Our defense is the proverbial house of cards, only far less rigid,but hey, we all knew this when the window closed and predicted it would come back to bite the manager on the *****,and guess what  ???  It's done exactly that !

Spudz weren't even that good today and lets face it ,they didn't have to be, as our defense and midfield were seemingly prepared to hand out  goals like a f*cking clown gifts balloons.

Plus points ,scant I know ,but as we sift through the wreckage..... we still dominated possession, and  Can has provided a definitive answer to that old chestnut should he stay or should he go, and Milner has showed (hopefully )to those clamoring for him to start in our midfield that speed of thought does not compensate for dead legs and finally Mignolet and Lovren now have less chance of getting a start at Huddersfield than the KKK have of electing a black Grand Dragon.

So after hitting rock bottom and suffering a defensive display that was yet again beyond embarrassing at least we have watched the careers of three Liverpool players confirmed and definitively decided by possibly the worst defensive display we have seen since we had Torben Piechnik in our back four ,the only way is up .......SURELY  ???

Good post mate, as bad as Lovren's missed header was if anyone else but Milner was tracking Son then that goal might have been prevented.
We'd actually ridden the early storm and got ourselves back into the game and just before Ali scored I was quietly confident that we would at the very least get a draw out of it, that header from Matip though back into the danger area basically finished the game as a meaningful contest. As bad as Lovrens and Mingolets ***** up's were it was actually Matip's ***** up which cost us the game.
Speaking of Mingolet I thought he should have done much better for the first goal and Ali's shot and as for the free kick.... :no , honestly, how many times over the years have we seen that particular flap? The way he flies through the air like superman with one arm outstretched only to palm it into the path of an opposition player? We must have seen that dozens and dozens of times.
I'd start Ward from now on. He can't be any worse.

Klopps post match is worth seeing mate,the man is inwardly seething and doesn't curb his words,that performance was arguably our nadir so I'm presuming the only way is up now, drop Lovren play Gomez at CB and play Grujic at DM and let Henderson push forward to support the attack but we need a player who will put his foot in mate to give that defense some protection , some fans may not agree but I would gladly give my high teeth for a DM who reads the game as well as Lucas right now.

I agree with Ward being given a chance,because Mignolet has lost the support of 100% of Liverpool fans its not just the usual dissenters.

Maybe with a bit of luck we can get Keita here in January mate, if RB don't make it out of their CL group word is they may be prepared to let him come here early for a 'premium'.
Keita and Van Dijk arriving in Jan would give us a much needed lift.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:49 pm

FSG will give Kopp this season (and most of next) to sort this out. Their patience its unlimited, but they won't be hitting the panic button just yet.

As some said, Klopp was seething at the post match presser and he MUST change the line-up. That means dropping Migs, Lovern and Can, with the latter being sold in January because his head sure as hell isn't here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Whatever about the same old tripe from Klopp at the end of an embarrassing 'performance' like that, the inane, mindless drivel spouted by Henderson is ten times worse. YOU are the F'kin captain, you donkey. After the FIRST phuck up that should have been IT. YOU should have been tearing a new one off the defence and the keeper. Hasn't a F'kin clue...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm

There's word that Lovren was going into this game with a back injury. If that is the case, why the hell is he starting against one of the best strikers currently around. I thought he didn't look particularly free in his movements, especially when jumping up for the ball. If Lovren was physically just not fit enough to be out there, then I'll cut him some slack but begs the question why the hell was he was starting? I know playing Klavan doesn't fill anyone with confidence but you can't wheel out a defender who is struggling physically against someone like Kane,
Doeboy

Postby electrum » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm

I've said it before- we have zero gonads between any 11 we put out there.
Hendo ....what an absolute farce of a captain...should be warming the bench.......at a mid-table club (which is what we are fast becoming)
All future signings should have a psychometric test done before a contract is offered ..if the report doesn't say "maniac that will bust his b-lls and everyone else's within 100m to be a success" then tell them to stroll on...
Never seen such a mentally WEAK side in my time as a supporter
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Gutted, I think the word is...
---
Until we all accept that FSG are at the root cause of what is happening on the pitch re; personnel then this will just be our future for seasons to come.
The very fact that the manager states that "If I was on the pitch, the first goal would not have happened." speaks alarming truth that has already been said countless times in the boardroom and meetings. But now it has spilled into the media for translation and interpretation.
---
Who will go first?
Klopp because he ultimately concedes to an unchangeable situation...
Or will FSG cave in and cash in?
---
One can't polish a turd.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:04 pm wrote:Whatever about the same old tripe from Klopp at the end of an embarrassing 'performance' like that, the inane, mindless drivel spouted by Henderson is ten times worse. YOU are the F'kin captain, you donkey. After the FIRST phuck up that should have been IT. YOU should have been tearing a new one off the defence and the keeper. Hasn't a F'kin clue...

Agree with you on this.  I've been to Anfield and heard Carra screaming at the defence when I've been sitting at the very top of the centenary stand.   :D

Can't say I've ever heard anything from Hendo on the field.  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Klopp needs to make a example of one of the under performers.. I've never been so underwhelmed watching us as I was today. I feel like I'm just repeating the same garbage about how bad our defence is, but if they weren't so comical I wouldn't have to keep repeating it.

We have conceeded the most away league goals this year by 4 clear goals, our away record is abysmal!!

I have no ideas how this could improve.. He had the chance to fix the holes in the summer so he needs to deal with the consequences.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Midfield is average as well as the defence. Hendo, can, milner, wjnaldum.... Where do you start? No leadership qualities amongst them, they all play at a canter, distinctly average.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 pm wrote:

Gutted, I think the word is...
---
Until we all accept that FSG are at the root cause of what is happening on the pitch re; personnel then this will just be our future for seasons to come.
The very fact that the manager states that "If I was on the pitch, the first goal would not have happened." speaks alarming truth that has already been said countless times in the boardroom and meetings. But now it has spilled into the media for translation and interpretation.
---
Who will go first?
Klopp because he ultimately concedes to an unchangeable situation...
Or will FSG cave in and cash in?
---
One can't polish a turd.

Yep, too long we've been brainwashed into this ''we don't have to spend big to be successful'' mentality propagated by the hierarchy. FSG will not cave in unless pressured - a resistance from the fans is what's needed urgently unless we want to try and polish the same turd over and over. This season is the time to take action as once klopp is made the inevitable scapegoat we'll be back to square one.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games