Liverpool V Swansea (EPL) Sunday 29th November KO 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:24 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:03 am wrote:For me personally it just seems so fucking hard faced when posters expect raucous support without getting involved themselves ....Just saying like  !
The tension inside Anfield on a match day is tangible ,as soon as we're playing with a consistent swagger the anxiety will dissipate.

This continual  debasement of the fan base is becoming cringe worthy. In effect this club would be nothing without the fans ,lets instead applaud our fans for supporting this great old institution through some of  its leanest years ,and if you're experiencing cold turkey to hear  proper support once more ,tip up for a fucking away game.

Excellent post RBG.

My wifes cousins husband !!  Personally I refuse to acknowledge the annoying tw.t as any sort of distant relation !! He is the bitterest of bitter bluenoses. His knowledge of Liverpool FC's misgivings and problems is legendary. HE TRIED TELLING ME FOR YEARS DURING THE EIGHTIES THAT AS SOON AS WE STOPPED WINNING A BAGFUL OF TROPHIES EVERY YEAR THAT OUR FANBASE WOULD DISAPPEAR INTO THE ABYSS AND ANFIELD WOULD BE HALF EMPTY !! Surprisingly he has given up on his somewhat idiotic prediction that was shared by many supporters of  "The Peoples" club  :laugh:

Personally I have been delighted but not in the least bit surprised at the incredible loyalty of our fans. Expecting the same incredibly enthusiastic behaviour as the crowd during a meaningless pre season exhibition friendly at the MCG is a tad unfair. We need to remember the contribution played by our fans during half time in Instanbul - NIL DESPERANDUM !! They quite simply were the twelth,thirteenth and fourteenth man !! Ok that was back in 2005 but I honestly don't think they would behave any differently if it was today.

Even during the H & G, Hodgson debacle the crowd numbers didn't drop dramatically and lets face it that was an all time low for the club. As RBG states our fans need a massive amount of prase for their patience and loyalty. Any criticism is totally unreasonable given how much money they have spent to help develop Liverpool FC. A fact that is sometimes easily overlooked. The crowd at Anfield may not be quite as loud as they used to be but let me tell you it is a fkg side louder than a computer stream or TV !!!!!!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 pm

devaney » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:24 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:03 am wrote:For me personally it just seems so fucking hard faced when posters expect raucous support without getting involved themselves ....Just saying like  !
The tension inside Anfield on a match day is tangible ,as soon as we're playing with a consistent swagger the anxiety will dissipate.

This continual  debasement of the fan base is becoming cringe worthy. In effect this club would be nothing without the fans ,lets instead applaud our fans for supporting this great old institution through some of  its leanest years ,and if you're experiencing cold turkey to hear  proper support once more ,tip up for a fucking away game.

Excellent post RBG.

My wifes cousins husband !!  Personally I refuse to acknowledge the annoying tw.t as any sort of distant relation !! He is the bitterest of bitter bluenoses. His knowledge of Liverpool FC's misgivings and problems is legendary. HE TRIED TELLING ME FOR YEARS DURING THE EIGHTIES THAT AS SOON AS WE STOPPED WINNING A BAGFUL OF TROPHIES EVERY YEAR THAT OUR FANBASE WOULD DISAPPEAR INTO THE ABYSS AND ANFIELD WOULD BE HALF EMPTY !! Surprisingly he has given up on his somewhat idiotic prediction that was shared by many supporters of  "The Peoples" club  :laugh:

Personally I have been delighted but not in the least bit surprised at the incredible loyalty of our fans. Expecting the same incredibly enthusiastic behaviour as the crowd during a meaningless pre season exhibition friendly at the MCG is a tad unfair. We need to remember the contribution played by our fans during half time in Instanbul - NIL DESPERANDUM !! They quite simply were the twelth,thirteenth and fourteenth man !! Ok that was back in 2005 but I honestly don't think they would behave any differently if it was today.

Even during the H & G, Hodgson debacle the crowd numbers didn't drop dramatically and lets face it that was an all time low for the club. As RBG states our fans need a massive amount of prase for their patience and loyalty. Any criticism is totally unreasonable given how much money they have spent to help develop Liverpool FC. A fact that is sometimes easily overlooked. The crowd at Anfield may not be quite as loud as they used to be but let me tell you it is a fkg side louder than a computer stream or TV !!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Dev ,and I love that last bit   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 pm

At half time on Sunday Kevin Keegan (one of the greatest names in our history) and 3 time European Cup winner Terry McDermott got introduced to the crowd.....there was a slight ripple of applause  :no
Seriously instead of spending millions on players FSG need to fly over that crowd from Melbourne
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm wrote:At half time on Sunday Kevin Keegan (one of the greatest names in our history) and 3 time European Cup winner Terry McDermott got introduced to the crowd.....there was a slight ripple of applause  :no
Seriously instead of spending millions on players FSG need to fly over that crowd from Melbourne

Not overly surprising Yakka as a lot of the crowd had gone to do whatever they do at half time !!

You'd also struggle to get 105,000 people into Anfield !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Previous