Liverpool V Swansea (EPL) Sunday 29th November KO 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26 pm

According to Dom King of the Daily Mail Daniel Sturridge's scan showed no ligament or muscle damage, Klopp has refused to rule out Sturridge from Sunday’s clash with Swansea

So do we start with Benteke up front or does Firmino get the false number 9 ??

I would say the rest of the team pretty much picks itself at the moment
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Is Coutinho fit?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:38 pm

He trained fully yesterday so i would assume Yes
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Cheers CR.

It would be difficult to pick a line-up if Coutinho is going to play. If he isn't playing then it's simple, put Benteke up front, Firmino behind him and that's that. If Coutinho is playing though, it's not that simple. He's going to play behind the striker, that's for certain, but what happens with Firmino and Benteke? Do we play Benteke up front and Firmino on the wing, or do we drop one of them on the bench and play the other as a striker? Difficult decision. I'd go with this (provided that Coutinho is fit):

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel    Lovren    Moreno

Allen       Can

Milner       Coutinho       Lallana

Benteke 

I'd let Firmino sit this one out. We'll need the energy of both Milner and Lallana so we can't drop either of them and Firmino isn't effective on the wings anyway. So it's between him and Benteke in the striker role. Considering the opposition and their lack of strength and aerial ability at the back, Benteke is the better option for this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:24 pm

That line up is about right.

Im hoping we win we really need to keep on peddling forward and stop dropping points at home against average sides.

Im confident will win but then again anything is possible.
If Coutinho not going to play there will be less flair in the middle.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 pm

I can't imagine sitting Firmino out after the way him and Coutinho linked up last week. If Klopp doesn't want to go too attacking, I'd see maybe Lallana sitting, but I'd like to see Milner pushed back in place of Allen and let them both play.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 am

We have a chance tomorrow to go within 6 points of the top of the table which given the fixtures we've had to play would be a tremendous effort. A win tomorrow and things will start to get very interesting.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:56 am

How many times have we been in situations like this and we've just screwed it up. I really hope we continue to take steps forward and snap a win.
It will surely put us nicely positioned on the table and with the run of fixtures coming up things may start to become more interesting for us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:42 am

yes, this really is a must win game. with the two top (??) teams drawing yesterday, and everton drawing we can make up some good ground on the top 4. can't decide whether i'd prefer a spurs draw or a chelsea win, but as long as we can close the gap on them i'd be happy.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:28 pm

redshade » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:56 am wrote:How many times have we been in situations like this and we've just screwed it up. I really hope we continue to take steps forward and snap a win.
It will surely put us nicely positioned on the table and with the run of fixtures coming up things may start to become more interesting for us.

Yeah if I had to pinpoint one major difference between the liverpool sides before 1990 and those that have come since its that back in the day when presented with an opportunity like this to make ground on our rivals we always seemed to make the most of it.
But as you rightly point out mate since 1990 it's pretty much been the exact opposite.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 pm

I am quite a superstitious person and if we fail to win today i will not create any more of these match threads, will leave it to someone else

But if we do win  :eyebrow
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Biggest game of the season so far...
COME ON U REDMEN!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:56 pm

was just reading 50mph winds expected at Anfield today
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Win this and we go on to 23 points, 6 off the top of the league having played Arsenal, United, Spurs, Everton, Chelsea and City away... and having gone through a managerial change.

Massive, massive 3 points up for grabs today. Let's send out a statement with a convincing win.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Official team to play Swansea...

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke

Subs...

Bogdan, Toure, Henderson, Sturridge, Allen, Origi, Randall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games