Swansea V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday May 1st KO: 12pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Can't really complain about the result given the team we fielded but boy have we wasted some money over the last few seasons  :down:

Given Sturridges recent comments I thought he would have applied himself better today but he was poor.
The 1st goal we conceded was poor, we had more than enough bodies in there but yet again they fail to get on the end of it. Sturridge let ayew peel off him and he gets between skrtel and lovren to tap home.  The second again was a result of a poor clearance from lovren to the midfield and lucas fails to control it while laying it off into corks path who then waltz's through unchallenged and is allowed to pick his spot. The 3rd goal was just embarrassing.

We have a massive game on Thursday so the changes were expected and I cannot blame Klopp for focusing on what is a season defining game for us. If we win then we can focus on our last 3 games and catching west-ham before we head to Switzerland  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Seriously beginning to wonder if we don't want Europa League next season ????
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:18 pm

devaney » Sun May 01, 2016 4:49 pm wrote:Seriously beginning to wonder if we don't want Europa League next season ????

I think the club have decided to throw all their eggs in the Champions League basket. All or nothing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Im just wondering how much difference would it makes finishing one position higher or lower in the league financial ways.

Anyhow poor performance today, we did have a weakened side on so i guess it was expected.
With Studge given full 90 and Firmino rested it seems the latter will play upfront on Thursday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 02, 2016 12:21 am

redshade » Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 pm wrote:Im just wondering how much difference would it makes finishing one position higher or lower in the league financial ways.

Anyhow poor performance today, we did have a weakened side on so i guess it was expected.
With Studge given full 90 and Firmino rested it seems the latter will play upfront on Thursday.

I hope Jurgen picks a more offensive side than the one last Thursday.
Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana didn't put a dent in them and I think there's a good chance that we'll have to score 3 to go through. Personally I'd like to see either Sturridge or Benteke start.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 02, 2016 2:15 am

Very disappointing. We could fail to qualify for the UEFA cup because of this result.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon May 02, 2016 12:50 pm

It was a comfortable defeat of 3-1 rather than 6-1 humiliation!, and it was a definite three steps backward of LFC progress, which it is simply indicate that those squad of players are not used to keep on wining five games in row!, what do expect of BR players? Sh*t

What it is really hruts is the acutal occation of LFC 96 fans desiaster getting their legal justice reckoning, only to be disgraced by those players whom they have represented LFC on the pitch!!!

It is very unwise for the club and managment to only focus on EUROPA league, which I see there is no definite quarantee we would get a result on Thursday night, and beyond even if they go past the Spanish team!.

I have said before that this present team will not get any higher spot than 8th spot in league, and the league table does not lie! Klopp will need a massive miracle to make LFC a top four team!, He would need at least eight top players to do so.
algymoon

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2016 1:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:18 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun May 01, 2016 4:49 pm wrote:Seriously beginning to wonder if we don't want Europa League next season ????

I think the club have decided to throw all their eggs in the Champions League basket. All or nothing.

Could be. Although Klopp has often lauded the Europa League he's just as often referenced unhappily the amount of games we've had to play this season.

Pre match Swansea he was talking about only getting back from Spain at 3am, reckons the players wouldn't have got much sleep that day and wasn't happy that the Swansea game was scheduled for a Sunday NOON kick off.

Maybe they are after all thinking it's either Champions League or no Euro competition at all next season.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games