I dont think his physical fitness is an issue
He needs to get his mind fit rather than his body
Once he clicks he will be fierce
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:I dont think his physical fitness is an issue
He needs to get his mind fit rather than his body
Once he clicks he will be fierce

Agree.  Confidence is huge for him right now.

He hasn't gone thru the upswings and downswings of form like this before, it's the first he dealt with playing fantastically in the prem, and then not so good.  Once he gets his confidence back it will really help him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Comparison between the two up to age 22 (Carroll's age). Games played and goals in brackets.

Crouch                                                                                         Carroll

2000–2001    Queens Park Rangers 42 (10) (he was 20)                        2006–2011    Newcastle United 80(31)

2001–2002    Portsmouth 37 (18)     (he was 21)                                 2007–2008     Preston North End (loan)11(1) (he was 17)

2002–2004    Aston Villa  37 (6)       (he was 21-23)                             2011–           Liverpool 12 (2) (he is 22)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Id take Carroll over Crouch any day. Yes Crouchy done a good job for us but against the big sides he rarely did anything (ok yes a hatrick against Arsenal). But he was :censored: at heading the ball.

Big Andy on the other hand is on his day a 1 man wrecking machine.

It it amazing how much people are dwelling on Carroll and Henderson. You almost think some here would prefer to step back in time a year or so to when we were stuck with twit and :censored: with the likes of Voronin. No matter what the situation though, there will always be something to moan about.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:44 pm

tubby wrote:Id take Carroll over Crouch any day. Yes Crouchy done a good job for us but against the big sides he rarely did anything (ok yes a hatrick against Arsenal). But he was :censored: at heading the ball.

It it amazing how much people are dwelling on Carroll and Henderson. You almost think some here would prefer to step back in time a year or so to when we were stuck with twit and :censored: with the likes of Voronin. No matter what the situation though, there will always be something to moan about.

Carroll cost 35 million pounds by the way
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:16 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
tubby wrote:Id take Carroll over Crouch any day. Yes Crouchy done a good job for us but against the big sides he rarely did anything (ok yes a hatrick against Arsenal). But he was :censored: at heading the ball.

Carroll cost 35 million pounds by the way
:;):

And we sold Torres who when he left us was half as shyte as when we got him for over double what we paid.  :D It's all relative mate.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

no he is not - ya muppet
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby tubby » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Er. Nice day to you too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion