Crouch is a more talented footballer than carroll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 pm

I admit I've been unimpressed so far by Carrol but let's give him the season first eh, I think he has the capability and will come good, Remember him against Man city last season, I think there is a lot more of that in his locker and when he gets his first goal (hopefully against Everscum) the rest will follow.

Remember this time last season when Rooney went through a good few months with poor form, strikers do this, Torres has been missing for a season and only now looks as if he is finding his feet......

Tw@t!!!

:D
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:44 pm

btw the only thing Crouch has on Carrol is height!!
roberto green

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:47 pm

roberto green wrote:btw the only thing Crouch has on Carrol is height!!

And Abbey
:hearts
:blush:
:rasp
:eyebrow
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 pm

stmichael wrote:the kid is a work in progress. people have a go at him purely because of what he cost, plain and simple. and as for the crouchcomparison, would this be the crouch who didn't score in his first 15 games for us when he signed and was getting the same barbaric treatment from fans? the way fans just expect finished articles these days would have seen ian rush virtually written off aswell when he started his liverpool career pretty unspectacularly.

spot on mate
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
roberto green wrote:btw the only thing Crouch has on Carrol is height!!

And Abbey
:hearts
:blush:
:rasp
:eyebrow
:nod

I remember Crouch was on soccer am when he was with us and they asked him the question "Peter what would you be if you was'nt a footballer to which he replied "A virgin"

:D
roberto green

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:43 pm

not imo anyway.
yes he's a more experienced player but isnt exactly a prolific goalscorer or anyway consistent from season to season.
carroll is only 22 and doesnt have his experience yet but has much better qualities than 3 metre peter.stronger,faster and a better header of the ball.hasnt got a bad strike on him either.
only thing crouch has on andy is better ball control.
crouch has since 2000 been at 9 different clubs and has never managed to break 20 goals in a season.his best record was when he played for us and that was 22 goals in 3 years.
besides the 2 cant be compared as andy isnt a wet weekend playing top flight football compared to crouchs ten years.crouch is below average imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 pm

it's about getting a balance at the end of the day with regards to giving youth a chance to develop and having that element of experience. it pains me to say it but that manager down the m6 has done this better than anybody else over the last 15-20 years, hence why they've ultimately been so successful.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 pm

It'll come , he will click and start banging them in . One thing carroll does have to learn like crouch never did . Just because you are big doesn't mean you don't jump for a header . The header still has to be won and a jump would improve his win ratio a fu.ckin shedload . Jump andy lad .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 pm

maguskwt wrote:As much as I am critical about Andy, nope I don't think Crouch is a better target man. Crouch maybe a better player at the moment because of his experience (and he is good at using his brain) but in terms of potential and raw physical attributes, Andy is in another league to Crouch. Crouch is better than Andy in ball control and he also possesses a good touch but Andy's physical presence and heading ability is way better than Crouch. Given the time and space, Andy's left foot is almost unstoppable. That said, Andy needs to use his brain, try to learn from experienced players and play his guts out for this club and always strife to improve. If his head is not in the right place, he's not gonna get anywhere with his career.

I agree with that. Once Carroll matures enough to know better than to try what hes not that capable of, he'll be a beast of a player. I'm surprised that hes not doing better especially given our manager but then again Kenny hasnt really been focusing on utilizing Carroll to a large extent until the Wolves game imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:20 pm

stmichael wrote:the kid is a work in progress. people have a go at him purely because of what he cost, plain and simple. and as for the crouchcomparison, would this be the crouch who didn't score in his first 15 games for us when he signed and was getting the same barbaric treatment from fans? the way fans just expect finished articles these days would have seen ian rush virtually written off aswell when he started his liverpool career pretty unspectacularly.

This is exactly what I mean when I talk about supporters nowadays to back then.

Now there is absolutely no patience. Like you say about Ian Rush, twice he went off the boil, and twice the patience of the club saw him come good. To see Caroll slated in the few games he has played, and it is a few when you take into account his injuries. Established players are given leeway because they have proved themself, and they have proved themself because they were given the time to do so.

The only thing against Carroll is his price tag. This is why so many on here are whinging about him. I look at it this way. All the time we were held back due to Hicks and Gillett, our first signing after they were gone was Carroll. Yes its a lot of money but its a statement from our new owners. The money is there, and things will never be as bad as they were under them parasites.

Now you can either sit there and complain endlessly about Carroll not performing, or you can sit and be grateful we have the money to spend on players like Carroll and throw in some patience to reap the rewards.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 pm

I actually rate Carroll. People just tend to find a scapegoat until he starts doing the business! He shown his talent in a less talented Newcastle side in which I'm sure when Liverpool start to click we'll be ok. I think to compare Carroll against Neil Mellor would be more accurate. Such a talented finisher despite his lack of mobility similar to Andy but hopefully he will have more luck with injuries and will obviously be given more chances
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 am

i agreed that fans have to give the support to players, be a little more patience.
we can seeing Suarez pressing defenders, Gerrard pushing the team forward when we are a goal down,
Carra bleeding even getting knock out unconscious, Kuyt running marathon every match.
so it is hard to see Carroll strolling in the park most of the match, getting slow into the box to receive a cross.
i dont know whether it is a fitness problem or a commitment issue or both.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:15 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I dont recognize the current Liverpool FC Supporters.  I am probably a bit older than a lot on here, but the amoount of posts showing little or no patience with our players is simply not the Liverpool way.

Sure - Carroll is not the finished article, he needs to improve (which I thought he did this weekend) but he is not a poor player at all.  His potential is huge, but its not going to happen overnight.

he cost £35 mill.. So what.. I didnt pay for him, the club bought him for the future, as Kenny keeps saying he has been signed not only for 6 weeks but for the considerable future.

Stop your moaning and get behind ALL our players.

I would get behind Carroll if it were not for Suarez, he showed us how much quality you can buy for a reasonable sum and he works straight out the box without any frills. Why the feck can't you get that for more money than what we paid for Suarez? Why not just sign a promising young player that looks the goods from the start. £30 mil+ players should not need to adjust over time they should just adapt to what's asked of them! Or at the very least work their :censored: off like Kuyt.

Andy looks like a 6 year project with a very slow return which I doubt he will see through if NESV don't extend Kenny's contract.
killerp

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 am

killerp wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I dont recognize the current Liverpool FC Supporters.  I am probably a bit older than a lot on here, but the amoount of posts showing little or no patience with our players is simply not the Liverpool way.

Sure - Carroll is not the finished article, he needs to improve (which I thought he did this weekend) but he is not a poor player at all.  His potential is huge, but its not going to happen overnight.

he cost £35 mill.. So what.. I didnt pay for him, the club bought him for the future, as Kenny keeps saying he has been signed not only for 6 weeks but for the considerable future.

Stop your moaning and get behind ALL our players.

I would get behind Carroll if it were not for Suarez, he showed us how much quality you can buy for a reasonable sum and he works straight out the box without any frills. Why the feck can't you get that for more money than what we paid for Suarez? Why not just sign a promising young player that looks the goods from the start. £30 mil+ players should not need to adjust over time they should just adapt to what's asked of them! Or at the very least work their :censored: off like Kuyt.

Andy looks like a 6 year project with a very slow return which I doubt he will see through if NESV don't extend Kenny's contract.

Youre right
We should have bought a robot who we can programme to do whats required
35 million for a young lad with heaps of potential
Absolute waste of money that we cant afford
Relegation beckons
:lookaround
Thommo's perm

Postby mart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:18 am

I dont think Carroll fits with our style of play, but thats not his fault. What worries me the most is that he as a young player apparently needs more than 6 months to get match fit after an injury.

Good type of player to have in the squad, but i dont think he should be an automatic starter. We should build the team around Suarez.
mart
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion