Crouch is a more talented footballer than carroll

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Im not hating on the guy as id love for him to become a beast for us. Its just i cant see it happening anytime soon, he simply doesnt seem like he has a football brain or the touch.

Now i know the 6 foot 2 plus target man isnt always renound for his touch, but if you look at the best ones in the past 5 years they all have a touch game too........

drogba
adebayor
luca toni
jan koller
dkeko

Big andy i cant see ever getting into this league of quality target men, we basically paid 35 million just cause hes slightly unique in that hes a big guy what a rocket shot.

So honestly do you think crouch is currently a better target man and footballer than carroll?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Andy was bought because of his strength, heading ability and power. It's not his fault that we all expect him to be this silky skilled player. He is NOT that type of player. So when he plays some of our other players lump the ball forward to him. Again this is not his fault.

Newcastle centered the whole team around Carroll and got the best out of him. We don't do that but we expect him to be the same player!!!! It will come good for Carroll but its going to take time.

Oh and by the way had he scored and not hit the post yesterday then everyone is saying that he is back to his best and him and Suarez are working now as a partnership as they both would have scored.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Lol or actually PMSL :)

How long has Crouch been in the big teams playing big teams? how long has Carroll?.

Mate in a year post this again and we will see if it's justified, deal? .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:58 pm

mistyred wrote:Lol or actually PMSL :)

How long has Crouch been in the big teams playing big teams? how long has Carroll?.

Mate in a year post this again and we will see if it's justified, deal? .

i just think crouch has extra special ability for a target man and andy is just big, strong, powerfull.....hes certainly no shearer or drogba which is what we expected he could become
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 am

Dundalk wrote:Andy was bought because of his strength, heading ability and power. It's not his fault that we all expect him to be this silky skilled player.

NO.

you dont pay 35 million for just power, strengh, heading ability

cause you can find plenty of target men who can do that 5-10 million bracket

you pay that kind of money for extra special! a target man with more to his game, which i just dont think he has.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 am

But again it wasn't his fault the fee was 35m. That is the type of player he is and we need to get used to it. If you want to annoyed at someone then blame  Kenny of the owners for spending so much on the last day of the transfer window.

But don't blame Carroll.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 am

Crouch can't head the ball to save his life. Watching him on the end of a cross was always a bit like throwing a wet towel at a tree
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 am

LittleHobo wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Andy was bought because of his strength, heading ability and power. It's not his fault that we all expect him to be this silky skilled player.

NO.

you dont pay 35 million for just power, strengh, heading ability

cause you can find plenty of target men who can do that 5-10 million bracket

you pay that kind of money for extra special! a target man with more to his game, which i just dont think he has.

I think we are the only club to do something that silly.
killerp

Postby alwayslfc » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 am

I have to say that buying Carroll was a big blunder. If a club spent 35 mill on a striker, you'd expect him to deliver the goods by now and not giving excuses like he's not match fit, still young, give him time to adapt etc. These excuses are justified only for a young 17 yr old strker from the youth academy and definitely not a striker bought for 35 million for goodness sake. Suarez cost much less and yet he made an instant impact by scoring when coming on as a sub.

This proves that Kenny, Comolli like Rafa are human and can make signing blunders big time. I know the 35 million was not money from the club's coffers but rip off money from chelsea from selling that sulking Spanish bloke, but still, it was 35 million wasted.
alwayslfc

Postby killerp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:30 am

alwayslfc wrote:I have to say that buying Carroll was a big blunder. If a club spent 35 mill on a striker, you'd expect him to deliver the goods by now and not giving excuses like he's not match fit, still young, give him time to adapt etc. These excuses are justified only for a young 17 yr old strker from the youth academy and definitely not a striker bought for 35 million for goodness sake. Suarez cost much less and yet he made an instant impact by scoring when coming on as a sub.

This proves that Kenny, Comolli like Rafa are human and can make signing blunders big time. I know the 35 million was not money from the club's coffers but rip off money from chelsea from selling that sulking Spanish bloke, but still, it was 35 million wasted.

Well said.  :bowdown
killerp

Postby Octsky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:43 am

i am v curious on how many ball did Carroll won in the air ?
any people got the stats ?

people keep saying the 35m shouldnt be an issue...it is not his fault...
but these are the same people who defend Carroll because that he is a "big" signing,
if Carroll is an academy player, will the same few people defend Carroll as passionately ?
his fee regardless you like it or not, is a big issue here.

we all saw Carroll played last sat, he looked below average.
judging from current form, Carroll is the worst signing in Kenny's career.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 am

Give him some time, far too early.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:59 am

Octsky wrote:i am v curious on how many ball did Carroll won in the air ?
any people got the stats ?

people keep saying the 35m shouldnt be an issue...it is not his fault...
but these are the same people who defend Carroll because that he is a "big" signing,
if Carroll is an academy player, will the same few people defend Carroll as passionately ?
his fee regardless you like it or not, is a big issue here.

we all saw Carroll played last sat, he looked below average.
judging from current form, Carroll is the worst signing in Kenny's career.

You can't compare him to being an academy player tho... You can't do that at all, it has absolute no relevance to the reason we bought him.  What we saw is that he scored 11 goals  in 18 games for Newcastle, which is incredible.  Scoring 11 goals in 18 games in the reserves and such is not uncommon, so you really can't compare.. We didn't just buy him because he's a huge guy that's strong... We bought him because he's a huge guy that's strong, and has also shown that he can do well in the premier league.

How many decent crosses has he gotten this season that set him up where he could have legitimately scored a goal?  He had 2 yesterday, one forced a really good save by Henessey and the other was off the post.  He got one against Sunderland, and he scored, but it was disallowed.  He got absolutely nothing against Spurs.  He dint get a single shot off because nobody gave him anything.  In the 25 minutes he played against Stoke, no doubt he wasn't very good, but you could see he was really lacking confidence that game, and we still didn't get him much.

Like DD said... He's not getting the service he was getting at Newcastle.  With Stevie back and downing on the wing, and even Enrique behind him WE SHOULD BE GETTING HIM MORE BALLS.  Instead everything we give him is a 60 yard boot up the pitch be Carra or Reina (more justifiable as he's trying to start a counter) and he can do nothing with that.  We also tend to play him on the ground a lot, which isn't his strength, but he usually does pretty well holding the ball up.  I thought he did very well holding the ball up against Wolves, and he really wasn't misplacing passes.

I think I read somebody else pointed this out vs. Crouch... Crouchie's been playing in the prem for around 10 years now, compared to Andy's 1.  Crouch has way more experience then Carroll does.  In 2002-2003, Crouch played 14 games for Villa and scored 0 goals.  That's when he was Carroll's age.  Carroll scored a couple really decent goals for us last season, a decent one disallowed this season, and has been extremely unlucky to not get some others as well.

You guys seriously need to chill... Give him a little time.  Him and Suarez looked very good together against Wolves... Adding Gerrard's threat soon a long with Downing (Who I think was a very good signing, one of our top 3 consistent players this season) will put a lot of pressure on people in the future.  It's hard for a player like Carroll to score who depends on great service when Lucas isn't really that type of player (that's ok, we don't expect that from him it's not his job) Adam has been doing nothing for him even tho I expected him to be like our Barton for Carroll, Hendo keeps playing and goes completely missing 98% of the time, or Kuyt plays who we all know can't cross.  When Stevie comes back I really believe it's going to change a lot.  He's capable of giving Carroll that ball.  Carroll can get a bit on confidence going and he will be better... I don't know how some of you guys aren't being more patient then this.

Am I worried he won't turn out? Of course I'm a bit worried.  But I have faith in him too, and I fully believe he's capable of being a great striker for us very soon.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 am

Like i said i really want him to end up like drogba,shearer

but i just cant see it, looks to slow, poor touch and his off the ball runs are clueless

his 11 goals in 18 games for newcastle looks like....the unknown factor, people dont know or rate him so gave him all the space in the world, now he dont get that space hes struggling.

in a year hell join stoke or something for like 12 million, trust me.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 am

11 in 18 ?

hell, Kevin Phillips once scored 30 in 38 games.
there are lots of one-season-hit wonders in the EPL.
11 in 18 dont mean sh1.t
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion