Andy carroll - Would you buy him in jan even if we have

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Going to get slaughtered for this. But here goes. Torres just dont looks arsed so let's go down a different route. Get a powerful striker in 2 decent wingers even if it means putting Johnson in midfield and Kelly behind. Dont know about left midfield. But something has to be done. A radical rethink on tactics maybe the way forward. Suggestions please
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 pm

there is an Andy Caroll thread already in the premiership discussion.

but yes, I do believe he will be a top player in the future, it was evident on Saturday when he tore Skrtel and Kyriagkos to bits
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:31 pm

sounds good to me as long as it isnt at the expense of torres.
as a partnership i reckon they would be unbelieveable and would be adequate cover for each other.
i reckon he'd cost a lot though!! ???
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

What makes you guys think that Carroll would even WANT to come and play for us?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Looks like he will be a good player, but i'd hate to see the hoofball Roy will have us play with him in the side.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 pm

He's in the Kevin Davies league of strikers but getting special hype because of who he plays for and the shirt number he wears. He will get goals, of course, because strikers like him do in our league: he's very strong in the air, he'll also get knock downs for others to work off, and he's also got a bit of "ersehole" about him which all top sides need. But he is not this wonderful talent that people make out to be. His touch is heavy, he's not quick or agile, and he has no real craft to his play, and isn't marked out by the kinds of abilities that set a top class player apart from burly target men like him. "Ah, but he's got a good left foot, look at the gopal scored against us", I hear you say. He has a "good" left foot, and in terms of that goal: we (i.e. Lucas) let him have all the time in the world to take aim and get his big lanky left foot behind it. He woudn't normally get that time, and doesn't have the ability to make it for himself. He isn't remotely close to the level of Drogba (some have said he could be his replacement), plus if you add in all of the off-the-field issue, for the likely cost he is not a risk worth taking.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

I think he can potentially be better than crouch and if crouch done ok for us then I think he would. But wouldn't want him here with woy. Would give him another excuse to shift to the carra hoof tactics. Sack Roy then get him in.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

I disagree with you LFC. I've seen quite a few Newcastle games so far, he has been one of their stand out players, other than Barton and Enrique of course. Big lad, strong in the air, quite intelligent with his play and can lead the line pretty well. I think he is very similar to Dean Ashton in a way of his play on how he holds the ball and is in the right positions to start an attack or score. He isn't the quickest or the most agile, yes, but he has the potential to become a very very good player in the future. What he needs to do is just fine tune his technical ability and mature.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:02 am

bavlondon wrote:I think he can potentially be better than crouch and if crouch done ok for us then I think he would. But wouldn't want him here with woy. Would give him another excuse to shift to the carra hoof tactics. Sack Roy then get him in.

Crouch was decent, but he used to lack goal scoring instincts and didn't attack the ball enough in the 6 yard box. He was used more as a player to knock balls down and he had a very weak header. Caroll attacks the ball and has a very strong header.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:02 am

@Well he,s miles better than anybody we have apart from Torres when he ain't got a FOOKING strop on. He,s not overated he,s a good player in the old fashioned mould. Some here would not even know what i mean. HUNT  TOSHACK etc etc
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

Dundreamin he also likes to enjoy himself a bit too much of the pitch. Not sure if that's just because he's playing in his home town but in that sense he could be a bit of a risk. With the right manager though I'd have him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:17 am

Sure he is good but it all comes down to price and since he is brittish he will cost a fortune. Not worth it.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:27 am

I must be missing something with Andy Carroll, I just don't see it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 am

Greavesie wrote:I must be missing something with Andy Carroll, I just don't see it

I dont either, but he played a match for England so naturally his reputation and price tag will rocket.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 am

Is this a joke?

Carroll is long gone now. He'd easily cost 20 million now.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion